PDA

View Full Version : Wheres Ginger Alden??

HOLYSMOKE
08-12-2007, 03:17 AM
With the 30th anniversary coming up, can anyone give any details about Ginger Alden, whats she doing these days, perhaps some recent pics??
Thanks!(y)

jatta-tcb
08-12-2007, 07:30 AM
I also would like to know what she is doing nowadays.. :)

presley31
08-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I think l read somewhere she's married, but not sure.

jon_burrows
08-12-2007, 10:57 AM
I've just read today that she's married and lives in New York.

orwell1976
08-12-2007, 11:02 AM
She's with me. Right here in my office.

GirlHappy19
08-12-2007, 11:35 AM
Wishful thinking.LOL.She married Elvis and is living in Hawaii...according to those who say that E is alive.at least she's not cashing on EP...for what I know off.

presley31
08-12-2007, 11:51 AM
Ginger knows better than to cash in on elvis considing she was terrible to him.

tlcElvis
08-12-2007, 12:24 PM
George Klein was asked about Ginger in an interview in 2005. Here's his answer:

KLEIN: Yeah. Ginger Alden married -- Ginger married an advertising executive in New York City. She's living up there. She got off into modeling, tried the actress route. It didn't work for her. So she got married up in New York, married an ad exec. And she has a child, raising a family, living in the eastern part of the United States these days.

kathy parkinson
08-12-2007, 02:27 PM
I give credit where its due to Ginger, she rarely gives interviews,and has never written a book about Elvis, i don't think Elvis would have married her,but,she hasn't cashed in on him that i know of

GirlHappy19
08-12-2007, 03:35 PM
That'a what i was saying..almost everyone around elvis has written a book,giving an interview or sold something that belong to elvis..i mean she was very young and maybe she din't takare of elvis like linda did,but she kept her mouth shot.

franny
08-12-2007, 04:11 PM
According to Joe Esposito in his new book Straight Up, he states that Ginger was on her way out, that Elvis wasn't planning on marrying her...

franny

Burning_Love
08-13-2007, 06:31 PM
Didn't Ginger, when Elvis died..claim loads of money off him ? Her and her family ? If so then i don't care if she has kept her mouth shut, that was wrong, considering he had just died !! Maybe i am wrong..
Thanks for all the info though people (y)

ReGina_89
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Yea i remember something like a lawsuit againest the estate for "the enforcement of a gratuitous promise to pay off her mortgage, on the basis of detrimental reliance" (Source: Preslaw.net)
yea her mother filed it because the promise was made out to her apparently.i dont really like her because of that!! and plus she wont have enough to say to make a book!! from what i know she didnt like to go on tour and sometimes didn't!

Wendy56
08-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Yeah, I have this "image" of Ginger (and maybe so many other fans too) that she was with Elvis only to earn publicity and make money --or something to impulse her into the media--. I've always thought that she didn't love Elvis at all. And also I guess she feels a little bit ashame 'cause fans consider her guilty for the king's death. She keeps yet an image of a mean and superficial woman. Just see her married now with a rich man... :hmm:

srj1967
08-14-2007, 10:24 AM

And just how was she terrible to him?

During the brief time they were together, she gave him basic happiness and never rocked the boat too much.

And, if Elvis said (in front of witnesses that he'd pay the mortgage or whatever) then by law she would've been entitled to make a claim; (I'm not sure what the laws are in the US, but here in Australia, a couple has to be together for one year before a spouse can make such claims as a de facto).

Ginger was a kid of 20-21 when she met Elvis. Give her some slack.

And even if she was only with Elvis for publicity ... so what? Elvis was with her because she was - to put it bluntly - a great lookin' trophy chick, nothing more, nothing less. If Ginger was using Elvis, then he was using her just as much, but for different purposes.

People blame her for not being there when Elvis died. Come off it ... how can you watch a man 24 hours a day? If Elvis hadn't carked it on August 16th, then it would've been the 17th, 18th, 19th etc. From the way he was living, Elvis' death was an unstoppable occurrence.

She was a kid then, and - despite what some say - wasn't privy to everything going on in Elvis' world; not even the drugs. No wonder she went into self-imposed exile when all the houlier-than-thou fans started heaping crap onto her.

She may have had her fauts, but Ginger Alden was never "terrible to" Elvis Presley!

presley31
08-14-2007, 10:27 AM
She was terrible to him and if you don't think so l guess you better do some reseach again.

srj1967
08-14-2007, 10:27 AM
She keeps yet an image of a mean and superficial woman. Just see her married now with a rich man... :hmm:

Really? Know something we don't? Who's she married to?

And so what if it's a rich man? How do you know she hasn't found real love and happiness?? Good luck to her, I say ...

Elvis used Ginger just as much as she used him!!

srj1967
08-14-2007, 10:28 AM
She was terrible to him and if you don't think so l guess you better do some reseach again.

Oh, I see. Well, I've certainly been put in my place here ... !

Geez ... :blink:

presley31
08-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Good riddens to ginger l say!!!!!

meg
08-14-2007, 11:05 AM
Good riddens to ginger l say!!!!!

Who told you Ginger is bad?:doh:

MsPresley
08-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Very nice video, as far as ginger go's? well i really think she didn't care that much about elvis or his fans, so why would she now?

AMEN!!! i think most of us elvis fans didn't care much for ginger. (y)

elvislady
08-14-2007, 11:29 AM
What exactly has ginger done wrong?
elvislady:hmm:

srj1967
08-14-2007, 11:57 AM
This makes interesting reading ...

http://www.essentialelvis.com/Interviews_GingerAlden.htm

meg
08-14-2007, 12:19 PM
This makes interesting reading ...

http://www.essentialelvis.com/Interviews_GingerAlden.htm

Yes that?s interesting (y)Thanks:flowers:

presley31
08-14-2007, 12:27 PM
I don't like ginger like yous don't like priscilla.

srj1967
08-14-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't like ginger like yous don't like priscilla.

And we's (ahem, I mean WE) have explained in other posts as to why we don't like her.

You made a statement that Ginger was "terrible" to Elvis, yet you choose not to say how exactly ...

presley31
08-14-2007, 12:57 PM
cheater, elvis is dead cause of her, has no request for him, etc
Thats all and nobody going to change my mind and thats the last time l will explain to you or anybody.

srj1967
08-14-2007, 01:04 PM
Thats all and nobody going to change my mind and thats the last time l will explain to you or anybody.

So, she cheated on him, did she? You know this for a fact? You surely must have her confused with Priscilla!

"Elvis is dead cause of her"? Please, explain why??

JDD
08-14-2007, 03:44 PM
According to Joe Esposito in his new book Straight Up, he states that Ginger was on her way out

franny

I've read and heard from some of the others in Books and Interviews, the same thing about Joe.

Also I don't care who likes Priscilla or Ginger or Linda or anyone else but My two cents on another comment in this thread "Elvis is dead because of her" . No, He isn't. Elvis was an adult with a drug addiction . He had several wake up calls before the big one that ended it all for him and he didn't take any of them . Ginger probably was in a walker and diapers when Elvis started that stuff. I love the guy as much as anyone else that never met him does but He's not dead because of anyone else.

edbdmiddy
08-14-2007, 04:10 PM
I do not like ginger because she was just going with Elvis for his money and everything she could get out of him. Most certainly did not like that there x-wife of his either... grrrrrrrrrr. Often wondered why Elvi picked such women????? I guess only he and god knows the answer to that one.

Merry
08-14-2007, 11:36 PM
So, she cheated on him, did she? You know this for a fact? You surely must have her confused with Priscilla!

"Elvis is dead cause of her"? Please, explain why??

Shouldn't be arguing.

T_J
08-15-2007, 01:18 AM

Elvis died because of Ginger?? I really despair sometimes. That's such ridiculous crap.
The fact that Ginger DIDN'T write a book or do interviews after his death tells us a lot about her character and whether or not she was in it just for the money. She could have made a fortune as the person Elvis was with in the last year of his life and the last person Elvis saw alive. She showed class and didn't do that. For that, fans should be thankful as practically everyone else went that route.

Debra
08-15-2007, 01:44 AM
I do not like ginger because she was just going with Elvis for his money and everything she could get out of him. Most certainly did not like that there x-wife of his either... grrrrrrrrrr. Often wondered why Elvi picked such women????? I guess only he and god knows the answer to that one.

I 'm wondering if somebody was with Elvis of any different reason ? :hmm:

Didn't all of his "friends" abuse him and hang out with him to profit? :angry:

The fact is that Elvis was the loneliest star off all time and thats what killed him.

He has been searching an exit from his loneliness his whole life but he lost the battle.

elvislady
08-15-2007, 02:46 AM
All of you who are slating ginger where is your proof?
elvislady(n)

Suzan
08-15-2007, 03:02 AM
I agree Debra w/everything you've said.
Ah, T.J. yes she did give interviews, quite a few of them.:D Both print and t.v..:D I've seen them and I have some of them. And her family sued to have a pool put in that they claim Elvis' promised them, after his funeral. And by all accts. she wasn't exactly heartbroken @ the funeral...a few witnesses say that she was too busy checking her make-up in her hand mirror.
Also, though Elvis did not die because of her, she was not diligent as Linda Thompson had been, with Elvis and by most accts. she was dressed, hair and make-up done when Elvis' guys went up to see what was going on after her call downstairs that something was wrong w/Elvis. Also has been said that she called the press PRIOR to calling for assistance and also called her mom.

As for what she is doing now, I don't know and I don't care, she was doing modeling for awhile, but last I heard she was married to a NY millionaire businessman and had a son. Only reason she didn't write a book is because she was prob. told nobody would buy it. Also everyone disputes that Elvis asked her to marry him...and Vernon would not allow her to visit Elvis grave or get onto the grounds of Graceland prior to calling him first and obtaining permission...I'm sure he had his reasons for that.

meg
08-15-2007, 03:36 AM
All of you who are slating ginger where is your proof?
elvislady(n)

There is no proof:D

Diana
08-15-2007, 04:02 AM
That'a what i was saying..almost everyone around elvis has written a book,giving an interview or sold something that belong to elvis..i mean she was very young and maybe she din't takare of elvis like linda did,but she kept her mouth shot.

That is why I like her. She is keeping her mouth shot and it makes her better than anyone else among all gals Elvis was dating with! And still I like Linda more than anyone else!

T_J
08-15-2007, 04:28 AM
I agree Debra w/everything you've said.
Ah, T.J. yes she did give interviews, quite a few of them.:D Both print and t.v..:D I've seen them and I have some of them. And her family sued to have a pool put in that they claim Elvis' promised them, after his funeral. And by all accts. she wasn't exactly heartbroken @ the funeral...a few witnesses say that she was too busy checking her make-up in her hand mirror.
Also, though Elvis did not die because of her, she was not diligent as Linda Thompson had been, with Elvis and by most accts. she was dressed, hair and make-up done when Elvis' guys went up to see what was going on after her call downstairs that something was wrong w/Elvis. Also has been said that she called the press PRIOR to calling for assistance and also called her mom.

As for what she is doing now, I don't know and I don't care, she was doing modeling for awhile, but last I heard she was married to a NY millionaire businessman and had a son. Only reason she didn't write a book is because she was prob. told nobody would buy it. Also everyone disputes that Elvis asked her to marry him...and Vernon would not allow her to visit Elvis grave or get onto the grounds of Graceland prior to calling him first and obtaining permission...I'm sure he had his reasons for that.

I think it was Dick Grob who started the story about her phoning the press and Dick Grob is hugely unreliable and malicious. Here's what Ginger had to say when asked about that obvious lie...

"Yes, It is long past time to shine the light of truth on what is a malevolent fabrication. I don't see how the writer can live with himself knowing the lies and vicious rumours he has tried to spread about so many as a last ditch sensationalistic grasp at making money off of his association with Elvis. There was no phone call made by my mother or myself to anyone dealing with a publication of any type on the day that Elvis died. I was stunned and heartbroken and am appalled that anyone would think differently. The day after Elvis' death, our home was besieged by reporters from all branches of the media and tabloids trying to cover this tragedy. You can imagine the scene with more than 500,000 mourners and press from all over the world converging on Memphis. My mother turned everyone away at that time protecting me as I told her I did not want to give any interviews. I finally decided to grant an interview with our local paper to try and set the record straight after seeing Elvis' road manager on our television stating he had found Elvis' body. The tabloids had also returned to our doorstep literally shouting at one another. Next, the National Enquirer told us that Elvis' ex-girlfriend had given them a story and they were going to print a story about his death anyway so that is how my interview in the National Enquirer came about. As distraught as I was at that time and not knowing what in the world would be said about Elvis, I consented to do an interview for the National Enquirer. I remember Elvis telling me when we first started dating that there would be a lot of people who would be jealous of our relationship. He also asked me if I could handle it. I naively answered yes. I never foresaw the kind of self-promoting denigration of his character and memory that has appeared in print and on television since his death."

As for the pool incident, this was a case where the family would have lost money because of a promise that Elvis made them and a gift he wanted them to have - a gift he instigated in the first place, not one they asked for. Vernon was in effect going back on Elvis' wishes and leaving the Aldens in a position where they would be in debt over a gift.

Yes Ginger may have done the very occasional interview, but certainly not milked the association as most have and NEVER spoken ill of Elvis or done a 'tell all' type of interview. That's where the real money would have been made, but she chose not to and I respect her for that. Those actions just are not compatible with the type of person you describe.

elvislady
08-15-2007, 05:38 AM
Yes Ginger may have done the very occasional interview, but certainly not milked the association as most have and NEVER spoken ill of Elvis or done a 'tell all' type of interview. That's where the real money would have been made, but she chose not to and I respect her for that. Those actions just are not compatible with the type of person you describe.

Well put, and no proof to prove what a so called ***** she was.
elvislady;)

presley31
08-15-2007, 06:37 AM
inside graceland by nancy rooks will tell you all about elvis and ginger. Its worth the read.

srj1967
08-15-2007, 10:29 AM
inside graceland by nancy rooks will tell you all about elvis and ginger.

That one quote says it all, really.

Rooks' book was a boring, poorly-written (or should I say ghost-written) account that was simply a whitewash. (n)

Is Rooks still alive, anyone know?

presley31
08-15-2007, 01:25 PM
l happen to enjoy that book ,lots of interesting stuff.

riley
08-15-2007, 01:36 PM
Nancy Roks book was wonderful and soo touching.
One of my favourites for sure

The King's Queen
08-15-2007, 01:59 PM
Well, I don't have a proverbial "dog in this fight", so to speak...but I do have an opinion.

I believe that Ginger was young and maybe a little "ditsy". I think that she had not matured enough to be able to handle Elvis and his lifestyle. I agree that she was a trophy for Elvis...just as he was a financial gain for her. But in the end, being with him did her no harm, just as she did no harm to his memory by doing one of the many tasteless books that have been done since his passing. To me, it kind of equals out. :blink:

I'm not a Priscilla fan either, but then again, I'm not a big fan of many of the MM or anyone else who continues to cash-in on their relationship with Elvis. Too many lies and misconceptions have been stated since 1977. And sadly, if you look at the big picture, practically all of those lies and falsehoods have come from none other than those who were supposed to have cared for the man...gee whiz...:doh:...that is what I do not understand! Perhaps those people were never taught to respect....?:!:

I'm just glad that Elvis did not have to endure all of this smut... :'( I think he deserves much more from so many.

Hope I haven't offended anyone..that was not my intent. Just wanted to voice my opinion... :)

JDD
08-15-2007, 02:23 PM
l happen to enjoy that book ,lots of interesting stuff.

So did I. Not one of the greatest or longest but it had interesting stuff in it that wasn't covered in the other books I had.

Suzan
08-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Nobody can change my mind about Ginger Alden, she gave more then the occasional interview and did not love Elvis' nor was she set to marry him.

Yes that is an excellent book and I believe this lady...by all accts. not just Grob's Ginger was a piece of work.lol

SeeSeeRider777
08-15-2007, 10:39 PM
What sort of close brushes with death did Elvis have?

Suzan
08-15-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm not sure, but I've heard like 4. But who really knows. :(

Memory
08-16-2007, 04:21 AM
I Think Ginger is bad.She saw Elvis body in the bathroom,but she goes to telphone and spoke with a newspaper, put on her clothes;made her make up and then she cry to Joe.Thats to late and in Germany you can go to prison,because she didn t help Elvis,but she can telephoned and this is not shocked.I read it in EPE Graceland a view month ago.

meg
08-16-2007, 04:40 AM
I Think Ginger is bad.She saw Elvis body in the bathroom,but she goes to telphone and spoke with a newspaper, put on her clothes;made her make up and then she cry to Joe.Thats to late and in Germany you can go to prison,because she didn t help Elvis,but she can telephoned and this is not shocked.I read it in EPE Graceland a view month ago.

And you believe that ?Dick Grob told all this lies(n)(n)(n)

srj1967
08-16-2007, 06:48 AM
She saw Elvis body in the bathroom,but she goes to telphone and spoke with a newspaper, put on her clothes;made her make up and then she cry to Joe.

Ginger did no such thing!! :angry:

presley31
08-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Yes she did do that to elvis, why do you think she not liked by the fans???

srj1967
08-16-2007, 07:00 AM
why do you think she not liked by the fans???

Because certain fans will believe rumours and gossip before checking the facts. This story about Ginger was spread by someone else.

Re-read (or read) the interview link I placed on here earlier.

presley31
08-16-2007, 07:03 AM
Nobody will ever change my mind about ginger, thats just my opinion.

Suzan
08-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Who says it's lies? I heard this from other's OTHER then Dick Grob, people who were THERE in the house when he died, who saw it all....
Are we supposed to believe her? I don't think so, of course she and her money grubbing, sue happy for a pool, mother are going to deny it. Of course they are...and for them to expect us to believe it, they need to get a grip w/that one. lol
Sorry my opinion and NOBODY short of Elvis himself will change my mind.

srj1967
08-16-2007, 10:05 AM
she and her money grubbing, sue happy for a pool, mother are going to deny it. Of course they are...and for them to expect us to believe it, they need to get a grip w/that one.

There's no arguing with logic like this ... :doh:

Read the interview if you haven't already. The Aldens had no choice but to sue otherwise they'd have lost money. Any normal person would've done the same thing.

But, nooooo ... just because it was our darling Elvis involved, it automatically makes them wrong ... right??? :doh:

And exactly what "money grubbing" have Ginger or the Aldens engaged in? Let's see ... no tell-all books from any of them; no magazine deals despite false rumours to the contrary; no consulting on bad movies or TV shows (with the exception of that flick Ginger appeared in); no involvement with tacky Elvis tribute shows; no appearances at fan conventions etc; no selling of memorabilia (she still has the ring he gave her ... good effort after 30 years I'd say!) ...

On the list of Elvis associates who have sold out the man in one way or another, I'd say Ginger ranks right at the very bottom of a rather long list ... friends, relatives, employees, co stars etc etc. She has never said a negative word about Elvis which is more than can be said for most in the EP world ... again, brilliant after 30 years.

presley31
08-16-2007, 10:08 AM
we all have different views on Ginger.

Suzan
08-16-2007, 05:56 PM
It's FACT.:D:D Umm lets see, interviews in 1979, including Geraldo, u do know that they get paid for that right? :)

And ummm, how were they going to lose money by not having Elvis' money build them a pool? I have read the interview and to me it reeks of bs, sorry but it does. And to sue the estate right after his death...where is the decency in that? Please they were there for what they could get.

Your right Presley31, we all have our views on Ginger, and mine, like I've said, will not waver unless Elvis himself appeared and told me otherwise.:D

Burning_Love
08-16-2007, 06:01 PM
I do not like her.

My opinion.

We all have different vies and perceptions..
..Let's keep it that way :D:D

srj1967
08-16-2007, 11:49 PM
Umm lets see, interviews in 1979, including Geraldo, u do know that they get paid for that right? :)

Er, yeah, I'm a journalist, so I think I know something about interviews and payments.

Getting paid for an interview (and why shouldn't they or anyone?) is hardly tantamount to being a money-grubber or selling out Elvis.

And you don't think there were a few kickbacks to Lisa and the Estate for the recent Good Morning America "exclusive" interviews? Nobody does anything like that for free.

Suzan
08-16-2007, 11:55 PM
I'm aware of that thank you! rof I live in L.A. NOTHING is free including interviews, and yes she did sell him out simply by choosing to discuss personal matters...claiming otherwise, I don't buy it.

Yes they did get paid, absolutely, but she is his DAUGHTER, quite different...totally different situations.:D

I HATE this woman and you nor anyone else, read my above statement on that, will ever change my mind, so just lets agree to disagree on this topic. :D

srj1967
08-16-2007, 11:58 PM
yes she did sell him out simply by choosing to discuss personal matters... :D

So, by that rationale, Lisa Marie has been doing the same thing for years, and especially the last couple of days. Same with Priscilla, Vernon etc.

Do you "hate" them as well??

Menwithbrokenhearts
08-17-2007, 12:02 AM
Well, I don't have a proverbial "dog in this fight", so to speak...but I do have an opinion.

I believe that Ginger was young and maybe a little "ditsy". I think that she had not matured enough to be able to handle Elvis and his lifestyle. I agree that she was a trophy for Elvis...just as he was a financial gain for her. But in the end, being with him did her no harm, just as she did no harm to his memory by doing one of the many tasteless books that have been done since his passing. To me, it kind of equals out. :blink:

I'm not a Priscilla fan either, but then again, I'm not a big fan of many of the MM or anyone else who continues to cash-in on their relationship with Elvis. Too many lies and misconceptions have been stated since 1977. And sadly, if you look at the big picture, practically all of those lies and falsehoods have come from none other than those who were supposed to have cared for the man...gee whiz...:doh:...that is what I do not understand! Perhaps those people were never taught to respect....?:!:

I'm just glad that Elvis did not have to endure all of this smut... :'( I think he deserves much more from so many.

Hope I haven't offended anyone..that was not my intent. Just wanted to voice my opinion... :)
Well put. I agree totally! And it still goes on. Everytime you think there might be someone left not willing to cash in on Elvis with the latest "untold tidbit" they do it!

Suzan
08-17-2007, 12:07 AM
Why are you taking this so personally? I'm not the only one here, or anywhere else for that matter, in the Elvis world that feels this way. You won't change my mind. :)

I'm going to address this just once...they were his FAMILY...she was nothing to him, if he TRULY wanted to marry her he would have done so long before his alleged proposal.
No Vernon did not cash in and Lisa SELDOM VERY VERY SELDOM has given interviews where she discusses her father...and again she is a different case as I stated in prev. post and am saying so again.
As for Priscilla, absolutely she sold him out and cashed in, first to agree w/that...also any of the Memphis Mafia as well and I also think that we fans had a huge part in that because we love him and we want to know all there is and I think if that wasn't there they would not have done what they did, if that makes sense. I used to have HUGE respect for Jerry Schilling because he never wrote a book, but I tell you what some of that respect diminished even though his book wasn't all that sensationalistic, such as Sonny's, Red's & Heblers, or "All the Kings Men" book was...stuff they discussed and continue to discuss should be left alone, out of respect for him, he gave them so much and I just don't think this is the way to repay him.
I know you'll prob. not agree and that's ok, but please don't take what I'm saying as my opinion so personally, unless your married to her then I apologize to you if my comments offended or upset you.

Suzan
08-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Well said menwithbrokenhearts and kingsqueen.
Yes she was young, of course she was, but to state she wasn't there for financial gain well I don't buy it. Yes she was a trophy to him, show me a 40 yr. old man w/a 20 yr.old girlfriend that doesn't think that.:)

srj1967
08-17-2007, 12:32 AM
Why are you taking this so personally? You won't change my mind. :)
... stuff they discussed and continue to discuss should be left alone, out of respect for him, he gave them so much and I just don't think this is the way to repay him.

You give yourself too much credit; I do not take any posts on here personally (with one exception when that now-banned ***** memphis77 accused me of plagiarism a few months ago). And I don't give a rat's *** whether people agree with me, or if any of my points make them change their minds.

As for respecting Elvis, he's been dead 30 years. Enough time has passed for others to discuss their private lives with him if they wish, and to expose some of the more private and personal details. People can choose to read their books and hear their interviews. It's not as if Elvis is still warm in the grave, or still alive and waiting in the next room so he could possibly be offended.

Elvis is now an historic figure, someone who wasn't here recently. How much time do you suggest people wait to discuss personal things? Elvis is as dead as Lincoln, and no one was offended when someone suggested a while back Lincoln was a manic depressive who may have been violent to his wife.

We're all different, but personally I enjoy hearing different people's take on Elvis and I really don't mind if they want to go into lurid detail, whether it's about his sex life, drugs, being on tour. I either read it or I don't. As long as what is being said is the truth, then I say let it all come out, the good with the bad.

As for taking things personally, aren't you doing the same thing re Ginger? Hate is a very personal thing (and, if you're a Christian, contrary to your beliefs, isn't it?) And you weren't there, you didn't know her or Elvis, so you don't have the right to hate her. Hate, forgiveness etc are the rights of people actually involved in situations, not external and time-distant observers like you, me, everyone on this board, and millions of fans around the globe.

Suzan
08-17-2007, 01:05 AM
WOW your really something.:D:D
Whatever buddy....
You didn't know them personally either...so what is your point? But judging from this post and your previous one, yes you are taking quite personal.:D:D
And yes I'm taking it personally as other's have stated just a strong an opinion yet you seem to have zeroed in on me. :D:D
Hugs!
I'm entitled to my opinion w/o being "preached" to...my religious affiliation is of no concern to anyone but myself and my feelings are my own. :D:D

Are all journalists so sensitive? jeez.lol

Historical yes, but he was still human, now when he's dead a 100 years and his immediate family is not around, well then, you know what, free game I suppose. Now I know why some don't like the media. rof

Have a nice evening.:):)

presley31
08-17-2007, 07:05 AM
Don't waste you time trying to get through Susan, its not worth it, believe me.

Sonny
08-17-2007, 09:32 AM
Points made you guys and girls...

Suzan
08-17-2007, 01:23 PM
Thank you presley31 and Sonny...much appreciated.:D:D:D:D

srj1967
08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Don't waste you time trying to get through Susan, its not worth it, believe me.

What's the view like from up there on your high horse?

Do send my regards to ajr, won't you?

From now on, don't bother to respond to any of my posts (either of you two) and I shall extend the same courtesy to you both.

tcbeus
08-17-2007, 04:00 PM
People blame her for not being there when Elvis died. Come off it ... how can you watch a man 24 hours a day? If Elvis hadn't carked it on August 16th, then it would've been the 17th, 18th, 19th etc. From the way he was living, Elvis' death was an unstoppable occurrence.

I think there is a sadly truht in these lines.

Suzan
08-17-2007, 11:58 PM
I have the right to respond to any topic I wish to, unless your the owner of the forum.:D:D
Have a nice evening mate.:D:D

Sonny
08-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Enough of this now, please.

Everybody's entitled to their opinions, accept those and discuss them. Going on at each other is a waste of time.

Sonny

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-18-2007, 09:12 AM
Holy Moly, the way this topic has gone you would have thought it was about Priscilla

I think there is more than enough blame to go around as for the reasons why Elvis died; I do not believe that Ginger was in a position to help Elvis at the point their relationship started. Let?s be 100% honest here, Elvis was way down the road of self destruction before Ginger was on the scene. Linda Thompson had already seen the writing on the wall and had already gone her own way due to the fact she had seen what the inevitable conclusion was going to be! Linda wouldn't/couldn't be there to see it happen and so to put all this blame onto a 20/21 year old girl is much too much of a burden to heap on her.

I bet the lifestyle she thought Elvis lived was far from the reality in those dark days of 1977. Let us be under no illusion, Ginger was sharing the life of a superstar that was a spent force, whose brilliance was ebbing away fast.... doesn't sound like it would be the best place on earth to be back then, especially when you?re only life experience is winning some beauty pageant. Elvis was going through some very dark and turbulent times, how some young child was ever supposed to offer any serious advice is beyond me.

Elvis had a doctor(s) whose responsibility it was to keep an eye on Elvis' health and prescription intake; they were unable to stop/help Elvis. The MM were there for the most part and they couldn't stop/help Elvis. This young girl had probably never been in a situation where she had to care for a person who in the past had taken too much medication and where food had to be taken out of his mouth before he choked!

I certainly don't believe the story about her applying make-up or calling a newspaper before calling for help on the morning of the 16th Aug 1977, it's quite possible she may have called her mother to seek guidance, as for the rest I think that is just mean spirited BS.

When all is said and done no-one who was in Elvis' inner circle looks good when put under close scrutiny, Ginger was some "Pretty little thing waiting for the king, down in the jungle room" If it hadn't been Ginger it would have been some other beauty queen or starlet.

Was Ginger star struck - Guilty

Was Ginger a gold digger - Guilty

Was she responsible for Elvis' death - NOT Guilty

Burning_Love
08-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Was Ginger star struck - Guilty

Was Ginger a gold digger - Guilty

Was she responsible for Elvis' death - NOT Guilty

Love the way you put that..And 100% True. Nobody except Elvis Is responsible for his death.

presley31
08-18-2007, 09:18 AM
why in the heck would Ginger get all done up before looking on elvis???

Suzan
08-18-2007, 10:22 AM
Enough of this now, please.

Everybody's entitled to their opinions, accept those and discuss them. Going on at each other is a waste of time.

Sonny

Thank you! :D:D

rocknroll
08-18-2007, 10:26 AM
why in the heck would Ginger get all done up before looking on elvis???

I've been an Elvis fan for close to 40 years, and this thread is the first I have heard of this.

Elvis was dead long before Ginger found him. It wouldn't have mattered if she put on make-up, or did a hundred sit ups, it wasn't going to make a bit of difference.

Some people need to get over their idol worship of Elvis, it makes us all look bad.

Elvis was on the path to death before he ever met Ginger.

meg
08-18-2007, 10:28 AM
I've been an Elvis fan for close to 40 years, and this thread is the first I have heard of this.

Elvis was dead long before Ginger found him. It wouldn't have mattered if she put on make-up, or did a hundred sit ups, it wasn't going to make a bit of difference.

Some people need to get over their idol worship of Elvis, it makes us all look bad.

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Suzan
08-18-2007, 10:29 AM

I agree with all of that...what I'm saying is he was dead FOR HOURS, rigor had already set in, if it had been Linda Thompson, who was also in her early 20's when Elvis met her, she would have checked on him a lot sooner. And if she did in fact, by several reports, put on make up AFTER finding him, well that to me is just wrong and vain. This is just my opinion.

presley31
08-18-2007, 12:10 PM
l still don't agree with the thoughts about ginger, she wasn't with elvis cause she loved him, she was there for the money and the gifts. Ginger shouldn't of worried about her make-up and chatting with her mother, she should of cheacked on elvis first.

Shelly
08-18-2007, 12:42 PM
As far as i am concerned she can fall off the face of the earth.

Suzan
08-18-2007, 03:19 PM
I wholeheartedly agree presley31 and shelly. Nothing and nobody can make me change my opinion...Linda was young too when she and Elvis dated, yet she had the sense to check on him, constantly. Absolutely Ginger and her family were there for what they could get...but then so were most of the people around Elvis, sad to say...if he'd had a different group maybe they would have made him confront himself and his demons.
I also think that Elvis lived w/a lot of pressure, we walked a path nobody had walked b4 him, he was alone, there was no Betty Ford. And he had to have wanted to help himself...and he prob. had reasons why he didn't, things we'll never know because he's not here to give his version, all we have are what other's think or what light other's want to cast on him and his final year or 2 of life, that makes me profoundly sad.
I know he was human, like all of us, and I know his faults, and I accept them but that does not lessen my love for him. And maybe we fans played a part in his demise...just my thoughts.:)

Donut
08-18-2007, 03:46 PM
Ginger said she had her make up on because she didn?t remove it before going to bed and maybe she should have checked on him but I?m sure she didn?t do it on purpose, she didn?t know he was dead. I think it must be hard enough for her to think that maybe if she had checked on him he would be alive but we will never know and that could have happened to him any other day with any of his dates.

Suzan
08-18-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't think she did it on purpose, I just don't think she cared enough to keep checking on him, if that makes sense?
I've on occasion left my make-up on and I tell you what, it's NOT a pretty sight when you get up, make-up, espescially liner and masacra, all over the place...you don't wake up like in the movies w/it all still perfectly in place.:)
I did however like reading your post donut.:D:D:D:D

Donut
08-18-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't think she did it on purpose, I just don't think she cared enough to keep checking on him, if that makes sense?
I've on occasion left my make-up on and I tell you what, it's NOT a pretty sight when you get up, make-up, espescially liner and masacra, all over the place...you don't wake up like in the movies w/it all still perfectly in place.:)
I did however like reading your post donut.:D:D:D:D

I?m glad you enjoyed reading my mini post Suzan but I?ll tell you my make up is not all over the place when I get up and can?t recall reading she looked like out of a movie. If she was and someone (don?t know who ) told that was paying too much attention to a very trivial detail in the midle of a real tragic and in need of fast action situation. And you have to remember that NO ONE checked at him that morning each one for their own reasons.
I don?t have an opinion on Ginger good or bad because she wasn?t around Elvis long enough. I just think she happened to find herself in a situation that day that it is not a pleasant one for anybody.

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-18-2007, 05:26 PM
I wholeheartedly agree presley31 and shelly. Nothing and nobody can make me change my opinion...Linda was young too when she and Elvis dated, yet she had the sense to check on him, constantly. Absolutely Ginger and her family were there for what they could get.

I understand your position and I am in no way trying to convince you otherwise but......

1) We are not sure of Elvis' bathroom routines, if he had taken a book to the bathroom it would indicate that he may have stayed there some time reading.

2) It has been suggested that Elvis had a clay like substance in his intestines making it difficult to function correctly, this would also suggest that long periods in the bathroom would have been expected and usual.

3) Perhaps Elvis was in the habit of spending long periods in the bathroom and Ginger didn't have reason to suspect anything was wrong.

4) There was no reason for Ginger to suspect that Elvis was going to have a heart attack?

5) Had Ginger taken something to help her sleep, after all their sleeping habits were not normal?

Don't get me wrong Ginger was in it for the money, I just don't think Ginger is to blame for Elvis' death.

Suzan
08-18-2007, 08:03 PM
Your lucky donut...wish my make-up stayed that way, even the waterproof stuff doesn't lol I do agree, they ea. had their reasons, we'll never know what exactly happened that day and why or why not...I'm just saying that she was not as diligent as she perhaps should have been.:D:D

Hey Jumpsuit, very good and valid points, and no I am not thinking your trying to change my mind, I see everyone's point and they make valid remarks, and it does make me think, so I do enjoy that. :D, your absolutely right, all of those things need to be taken into acct. but she was w/him for awhile, long enough to know his habits, and I still think she should have checked on him. I also know it's GROSSLY unfair to compare her to Linda, because Linda, in my opinion, was exceptional, but I just think that maybe she could have been or should have been more like her, on the diligence end, Ginger did state in an interview or it may have been Priscilla, or both, don't remember, onen of them anyway, said that Elvis would put Ginger on the phone so Priscilla could explain him to her...IF this is true was she not listening?
And I need to apologize, I did not mean for it to come across that I BLAMED her for his death, nobody is to blame for that, except maybe Elvis, or maybe everyone in some small way, from the army, to those close to him, us fans, Col. Parker, is to blame, my point is that I hate her (I'm sorry STRONGLY INTENSELY DISLIKE for those that the term "hate" offends) because she was there for herself, she used him, she allowed her family to use him and she just came across like an uncaring robot in the interviews I saw and have of her, she couldn't even look the interviewer in the face let alone eye contact, when she was telling her "version". For that I cannot tolerate her. :):D Thank you for letting me say my side w/o jumping on me, I really do appreciate it.:D:D

justcurious
08-18-2007, 11:02 PM
Hi, new to this forum, actually new to any Elvis forum. big fan of his, was 4 when he died.....in light of the 30th anniversary, pretty interested in all of the whoopla surrounding his death. Which brings me to Ginger...I have been trying and trying and trying to find out about this woman. Other than the odd article or so, couple of videos, photos and reproduction of her alleged 'engagement ring', oh and a few of her personal EP items up for auction on Ebay, I can't figure this chickadee out... If at the time, she was to be 'married' to Elvis, then why wasn't she mentioned in any of Elvis' funeral articles (i.e., her attending, etc...) and in that Elvis News article from 2002, why is her sister answering a bunch of the questions too? That is pretty bizarre.... Does anyone know if Priscilla or Lisa Marie ever spoke of Ginger after Elvis' death? Obviously not publicly, but it seems like her whole existence is practically wiped out from his last few months of life (with the exception of her attending a few of his concerts, and a trip to Hawaii with 30 other people). Does anyone know?

PS-As much as it sounds like Linda Thompson REALLY cared about Elvis, she sure is taking her 2nd husband, David Foster to the cleaners in their divorce!

Cheers...

Suzan
08-18-2007, 11:05 PM
I agree, bizarre and you've got a point no mention of her @ funeral announcement, etc...

As far as I know Pris mentioned her once and I don't believe Lisa ever has.

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Linda stuck it out with Elvis for approx 5 years, Ginger had only been around for 12 months or so. Another point to consider is that Elvis wouldn't have been in a medicated stupor every day of the week otherwise how would he have functioned as a person? I bet there were times before he went to bed that he took his sleeping pills and he would be groggy, but by all accounts he was pretty keyed up on Aug 16th.

Suzan, I can see you absolutely, categorically despise Ginger, so I shall call it a day, such feelings can rarely be turned round :P

jak
08-19-2007, 01:51 AM
To assume that if Linda was around she would have checked on Elvis sooner is quite a leap.How can anybody make that assumption?Did Elvis need a nursemaid 24/7?Maybe it wasnt unusual for Elvis to spend lengthy periods in his bathroom?I dont know.Ginger had to sleep sometime.Blaming her for not finding Elvis is really unfair.From some of the posts I have read I would think a few here were able to time travel since they know what should have been going on in Elvis' bedroom during those hours 30 years ago.Maybe it was just his time to go.Even if he was found ASAP he may still have died.Nobody knows that is not the case.I agree Ginger was a trophy girlfriend but that's what Elvis wanted.The king who was middle age wasnt going to get himself an "older woman".Dont blame her for being there with him.Elvis made her his choice.She was a young kid over her head with Elvis.She was probably horrified when she realized what condition Elvis was really in.Elvis needed a nursemaid at this point rather than a trophy girl.I've never heard a bad word from her concerning Elvis yet she draws the ire of so many fans.No offense to anyone but I just dont think these fans can or wont accept the situation Elvis was in through mainly his own shortcomings.
Jak

Suzan
08-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Hey jumpsuit junkie, no worries! :D:D:D:D Your entitled to your opinion just like everone else, I don't take offense to that at all. I'm rather enjoying reading the responses and seeing the other side, so to speak.:D

Jak but you to by lumping "fans" into a category are making assumptions. I've several times stated that I know Elvis faults, his shortcomings, etc...about him wanting a trophy girlfriend..and yes while it was impossible to watch him 24/7, I just think that maybe, just maybe she could have been a wee bit more diligent.
Of course she was allowed to sleep...of course NONE of us knows what happened that day, we are all speculating and stating opinion, nothing said here is the truth, for all we know we could ALL be way way off the mark. But my feelings are what they are. I don't wish her ill will or harm, I just don't care for the woman.
As for Linda that "assumption" is based on 5 yrs. of testimony from those that were there and saw what she did for him. We weren't and since Elvis is not here to tell his side, all we have is there accts...right or wrong, but that's all there is.

OH jumpsuit junkie...I agree wholeheartedly, they make it sound like Elvis was out of it all the time and that was not the case, if it were, he'd have been dead long before the 16th..nobody's body could withstand that type of abuse.
And thank you also for your kind response, even though I see your opinion differs and that's great, so thank you for taking the high road and I love your "smiley" face at me, that's cute! How'd u do that? rof

joanne
08-19-2007, 03:12 AM
I think its very cruel to blame Ginger for Elvis`s death.
It would have happened anyway and we all know that.
She could have really milked being Elvis`s last girlfriend and the fact they were going to be married just like Priscilla has milked the role of Elvis`s widow.
As for Gingers family maybe they were after money I have no idea but they can`t be worse than the beaulieus.

Sonny
08-19-2007, 06:26 AM
There are some more things to consider here.

Remember Elvis was used to that lifestyle, and so was his body. His body and system was "used" to whatever he was using. That's why he could continue this routine of uppers and downers for so long.

And JJ has some strong points about their living and sleeping habits.

When we look at it from a distance, one could imagine that Ginger took sleeping pills and actually slept, while Elvis was in the bathroom. And he liked to read inthere.
Knowing his lifestyle it's very well possible that he wasn't planning on sleeping that night anyway, since a new tour was waiting for him.

Maybe he passed away immediately, we will never know, and if that was the case Ginger or anybody would've been too late anyway.

Rene

srj1967
08-19-2007, 06:44 AM
Knowing his lifestyle it's very well possible that he wasn't planning on sleeping that night anyway, since a new tour was waiting for him.

Maybe he passed away immediately, we will never know, and if that was the case Ginger or anybody would've been too late anyway.

Exactly. To blame Ginger for Elvis' death, or to hold her even partially responsible, is mindnumbingly stupid. She'd only been on the scene for a short while, and probably didn't know everything that was going on around her.

Did anyone tell her that it was her responsibility to check on Elvis regularly when she "signed on" for a life with the King? Of course not.

Why isn't anyone on here blaming Lisa? You might as well, if you're going to blame Ginger. By her own admission recently, Lisa had to prop Elvis up when he came blundering into her bedroom at all hours, high as a kite, asking her to sing or just talk. And that, by the way, is extremely poor parenting on Elvis' part ... stoned and off his chops in front of his kid! But no one ever seems to focus on Elvis' own responsibilties for looking after himself!

And to all those females on here *****ing about how Ginger was only using Elvis and didn't love him ... how do you know that? And I'm sure if Elvis had picked any of you out of a crowd back then to become his girlfriend or live-in love, you'd all have said no, right??? ;)

As has been said so many times on here, ELVIS was ultimately responsible for his life and therefore his demise.

Sonny
08-19-2007, 06:54 AM
That last reply would bring up completely diff'rent discussions srj, let's stick to the point here.

It's also true that we can not compare the lifestyle of Elvis, or his fatherhood or parenting for that matter, with your regular everyday households.

And what you say is true about Elvis coming to Lisa while on medication, but then again, also Lisa, how little she may have been, was used to these things going on while she stayed at Graceland.

And it has little to do with what our female members would say about being with Elvis. Fact is that also Ginger (however short she was with Elvis) knew about him, and she knew he was in bad shape that last year.
But that doesn't mean she maybe or maybe not didn't check up on him regularly.

If we go with what we know, she was asleep and he passed away during. Probably also Linda or Priscilla would've been a sleep and things would'nt have been much diff'rent.

We also have to remember that Elvis wasn't that bad those last couple of days.

Sonny

srj1967
08-19-2007, 07:01 AM
That last reply would bring up completely diff'rent discussions srj, let's stick to the point here.

Actually, the original question on this thread is "Where is Ginger", so everyone's gone off topic here if that's the case, including the mods.

My point is that Ginger was not responsible for Elvis dying. If she was, then everyone ... Lisa, Vernon, the MM, Graceland guards, relatives, friends etc ... would be equally responsible going by some of the "logic" in blaming Ginger on this post.

If Elvis' death hadn't happened on the night, it surely would've happened soon after, and he wouldn't have lived to see 1978 in any case.

Sonny
08-19-2007, 07:05 AM
We are not that far off topic, since we state that she was in bed sleeping, that is where she was.

That's fact, but it has nothing to to with that last night. Maybe everyone was the blame, if so, they should've acted sooner (timewise I mean).

Also true, Elvis' dead, with that way of living was a matter of time. Only a (what we call a sabbatical now) maybe could've have saved him.

Suzan
08-19-2007, 11:36 AM
NOBODY here srj know anything as FACT as none of us were there, me, you and everyone else included...:D:D:D:D
and if you read my posts I've said SEVERAL time's I don't BLAME her for his death.

Thank you Sonny for being the voice of reason.:D:D:D:D

I've heard on a cd from an Elvis documentary from a dr., (don't know which dr. it was or if it was Shelby County Med. Examiner, will have to re-watch) but in any case, he said that due to the way Elvis was found, etc...he did not die a fast death, but rather a slow painful one. :(

presley31
08-19-2007, 11:38 AM
She must of been on something if she didn't hear anything.

riley
08-19-2007, 11:57 AM
almost impossible she didn't hear anything then:hmm:

Suzan
08-19-2007, 12:04 PM
I don't know maybe she was, maybe she took something to help her sleep as there was a tour that they were supposed to leave for. Who knows.

justcurious
08-19-2007, 12:49 PM
I just want to know why she was basically wiped out of the history of the funeral and thereafter (with the exception on the lawsuit-which I won't comment on here). Clearly, like ANY star struck 20-something, she was blinded by what was going on with him, heck, I would be too-I mean imagine if it was, ok, I don't have an answer b/c clearly no one is as famous or as intoxicating as Elvis was-apparently by those who knew him... At any rate, if I were her at that age, could appear to naive-regardless if she was or not, beautiful, blah blah blah, and had that opportunity with that lifestyle, etc...isn't there just an inkling in all of us that would jump on that train? Now whether she loved him or not, and what really happened, well never know....

I just want to know why NO ONE in that camp HAS EVER acknowledged her presence at the funeral, etc... Even when those peeps were on Larry King, a few years ago, they all deflected their comments. Fine, if they were 'jealous' of her back then, as some have claimed or not, still, for the press etc..., at the time to NOT EVEN mention his 'grieving fiance' during the funeral coverage is COMPLETELY BIZARRE...

By the way, I don't have an opinion on her either way, BUT that theory that she TIPPED the NE off (at least herself), has been UNEQUIVOCALLY denied by the NE....now, and I am not saying this to cause any heated arguments, but how do we know, that she didn't call one of her "friends" first and then 'he' called the NE to tip them off.

Elvis was responsible for his own demise, he was an adult after all, but it is SO sad to see those folks that were apparently, 'his closest friends, and advisors', turn on him SO soon after his death.

That still begs the question....where the HECK is Ginger in all of this mayhem, as soon as they started planning his funeral? Someone stated earlier that she had to get permission from Vernon to visit his grave at Graceland, does anyone know where I can read about this.

Also, since I am new, is there a discussion on these forums about why Elvis is buried next to his father and not his mother? If so, where is that? If not, then why did that happen???

THANKS!!! I am having so much fun reading all of these posts-lively debate is HEATHLY!!! :clap:

Donut
08-19-2007, 02:04 PM
I just want to know why NO ONE in that camp HAS EVER acknowledged her presence at the funeral, etc... Even when those peeps were on Larry King, a few years ago, they all deflected their comments. Fine, if they were 'jealous' of her back then, as some have claimed or not, still, for the press etc..., at the time to NOT EVEN mention his 'grieving fiance' during the funeral coverage is COMPLETELY BIZARRE...

The only thing I know is Vernon asked her to pack up her things and leave according to Guralnick?s book I think... but I can?t remember if it was the day of Elvis death or after the funeral. It?s clear she wasn?t very welcome by Elvis father and entourage by then so I don?t think they didn?t even count on her for anything and didn?t even name her either.
Dunno, maybe they know things about her that we don?t know...

elvis himselvis
08-19-2007, 02:24 PM
I think Ginger was OK.
She never said something about Elvis,and i don't know if I have to believe Elvis entourage,because why didn't Elvis left her before August 16....?
And I don't think that Elvis would have survived that fatal day,if Linda was around...in those years with her,he was getting more and more overweighted,and iller...so if she was there she could have saved him....:lmfao:
When Elvis died,there was no way back...if there was medical help right at the moment he was getting his heart attack,he wouldn't survived it...that's what a nurse said who was there when they brought him in in the hospital.

justcurious
08-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the insight (y) Which book were you referring to? Does anyone have an inside information? I am SO curious. Also, Linda Thompson HAS always been outspoken, and even she WOULDN'T comment on his relationship with Ginger. I mean, Linda and Elvis were together for a few years and the month after they broke up, he started seeing Ginger. Surely Linda had some sort of opinion-other than the fact that Elvis obviously couldn't be alone-not to mention the fact that the funeral coverage actually acknowledged that Linda was there....quite curious! ;)

ksimms2
08-19-2007, 04:58 PM
Hi, new to this forum, actually new to any Elvis forum. big fan of his, was 4 when he died.....in light of the 30th anniversary, pretty interested in all of the whoopla surrounding his death. Which brings me to Ginger...I have been trying and trying and trying to find out about this woman. Other than the odd article or so, couple of videos, photos and reproduction of her alleged 'engagement ring', oh and a few of her personal EP items up for auction on Ebay, I can't figure this chickadee out... If at the time, she was to be 'married' to Elvis, then why wasn't she mentioned in any of Elvis' funeral articles (i.e., her attending, etc...) and in that Elvis News article from 2002, why is her sister answering a bunch of the questions too? That is pretty bizarre.... Does anyone know if Priscilla or Lisa Marie ever spoke of Ginger after Elvis' death? Obviously not publicly, but it seems like her whole existence is practically wiped out from his last few months of life (with the exception of her attending a few of his concerts, and a trip to Hawaii with 30 other people). Does anyone know?

PS-As much as it sounds like Linda Thompson REALLY cared about Elvis, she sure is taking her 2nd husband, David Foster to the cleaners in their divorce!

Cheers...

I COMPLETELY agree about Gingers sister - why is she answering questions??? My exact thoughts when I read the interview - someone posted the link on here....sounds like the sister knew more than Ginger did....:angry:

ksimms2
08-19-2007, 05:02 PM
I watched Joe Esposito on TV Land - they were showing, Elvis, Remembered By His Friends, and towards the end, Joe says he wanted to set the record straight on Elvis' death. He said he received a phone call from upstairs (which would have been Ginger I guess) actually, someone else answered the phone downstairs and Ginger asked if anybody was down there. Whoever it was on the phone downstairs got Joe - he rushed upstairs and found Elvis lying face down on the bathroom floor, he had fallen off the toilet, he quickly pulled Elvis' pajama bottoms up,turned him over, and rigomortise (sp?) had already set in....so it sounds definately as though he was up there a while that way. And maybe a stupid question, if you were with Elvis, and you walked into his bathroom and found him face down on the floor with his pants around his ankles, good lord, would you have not tried turning him over? pulling his pants up? or something? I'm sorry but Ginger Alden to me is unneccesary piece of Elvis history......

justcurious
08-19-2007, 05:04 PM
Take a look at this:
http://www.lelands.com/itemlist.aspx?auctionid=505&categoryid=465

It is the auction that I referred to in my earlier post-she "loved Elvis so much" that she auctioned off a few of her "most personal gifts" from him. I mean seriously...for someone who has never 'sold out' by writing a tell all, this is worse!!! :hmm:

Merry
08-19-2007, 05:07 PM
I have some thoughts on what makes sense, going on human behaviour, in my experience.

I can understand how people would be upset with Ginger, going on what they have read in books and what the media has presented to them, but please consider the source.

Please consider that the tabloids have said and continue to say horrible things about everyone, to make money.

Please consider that other people, who have mentioned Ginger in their books, have been proven as those who lie. One lie, what can that lead to?

Please consider that Ginger has not written any books, gives few interviews, and doesn't disclose her personal relationship with Elvis.

In my opinion, what she has said/done has proven the type of person she is.

Should Ginger have looked in on Elvis? We don't know the circumstances, I know sometimes you are just so tired, you sleep and nothing can wake you.

What was said about the phonecalls and make-up was all PROVEN wrong, as I've mentioned before, please consider the source.

The Tabloids continue to sell lies for money. The Publishers continue to encourage those who write negatively or share personal information, to make up stories or exaggerate, for money.

To them it is a money making exercise, they don't care who they hurt, it's "business". Well, there should be more care, we know that, that is why so many of us are here, saying what we do.

The proof is in the pudding folks. After all these years, Ginger continues to be very private. I always believe, that actions speak louder than words.

This is my opinion only, and I know my friends have differing opinions, but I thought I should share mine, for consideration.

Hugs,
Kimmi

justcurious
08-19-2007, 05:15 PM
I think that if I found him on the floor, I actually wouldn't call downstairs, I would be SCREAMING and shaking him, it sounds like she seemed a little too calm. Whatever, I am not suggesting anything about that fateful day, clearly I wasn't there...

Agreed that she is a little insignificant when it comes to the overall history of his life, and legacy. BUT and this is a BIG HUGE BUT...the fact remains that she was there and walked away with an 11.5 carat ring (with the original TCB diamond), so, she had to be pretty intimately involved in his life over the last 9 or so months of his life...I want the inside scoop. Why, why, why is she skipped over when ANY mention of the last few days (With the exception that she found him), the funeral, or shortly thereafter (with the exception of the mentions that I made earlier). It is just so peculiar and someone HAS to know...I mean he did have peeps around him practically 24-hours a day (whether MM, fans, people who worked at his house, press, doctors, etc...). :D

Merry
08-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I watched Joe Esposito on TV Land - they were showing, Elvis, Remembered By His Friends, and towards the end, Joe says he wanted to set the record straight on Elvis' death. He said he received a phone call from upstairs (which would have been Ginger I guess) actually, someone else answered the phone downstairs and Ginger asked if anybody was down there. Whoever it was on the phone downstairs got Joe - he rushed upstairs and found Elvis lying face down on the bathroom floor, he had fallen off the toilet, he quickly pulled Elvis' pajama bottoms up,turned him over, and rigomortise (sp?) had already set in....so it sounds definately as though he was up there a while that way. And maybe a stupid question, if you were with Elvis, and you walked into his bathroom and found him face down on the floor with his pants around his ankles, good lord, would you have not tried turning him over? pulling his pants up? or something? I'm sorry but Ginger Alden to me is unneccesary piece of Elvis history......

Let me just share with you something personal.

My puppy (whom I adore) was run over by a car a few weeks ago.

I saw the whole thing.

You know what, I couldn't cope, I couldn't touch him, bare to see what internal injuries or broken bones he may have, to think he may die in my arms (as others have). There were others there, who could look at him and did. (If I was by myself I would have, I'm sure).

Ginger probably felt the same. Everyone reacts differently.

My puppy is o.k., he thinks he is a cat! :blink: Eight lives left, and he will live everyone of them to the fullest!

Hates cars now, too, which is wonderful!

Kim

justcurious
08-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi, NOT TO diminish you thoughts or opinions on ginger, but right above the post, if you click on the link, you will see what she auctioned-'very personal belongings that were once Elvis' and also items given to her by Elvis.' Right or wrong, her family sued his estate not even a month after his funeral (whether it was justified or not, they could have waited). She also appeared in several articles IMMEDIATELY after the funeral, as 'The Grieving Fiance'-without so much an acknowledgment by Elvis' family that he was even her girlfriend...oh, did I mention that she appeared on Geraldo and is currently finishing up a tell-all book about her 'life with Elvis'. I don't know her, she could probably be the NICEST person on the face of the Earth, but she apparently p***** off enough people in Elvis' inner-circle to be completely removed from his history (except, as I mentioned the famed trip to Hawaii with 30 of their nearest and dearest, and as a footnote to the day he died....she didn't even go to the hospital with Joe when they rushed Elvis to the hospital-'Suspicious Minds' indeed!!!!!!!

Merry
08-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Hi, NOT TO diminish you thoughts or opinions on ginger, but right above the post, if you click on the link, you will see what she auctioned-'very personal belongings that were once Elvis' and also items given to her by Elvis.' Right or wrong, her family sued his estate not even a month after his funeral (whether it was justified or not, they could have waited). She also appeared in several articles IMMEDIATELY after the funeral, as 'The Grieving Fiance'-without so much an acknowledgment by Elvis' family that he was even her girlfriend...oh, did I mention that she appeared on Geraldo and is currently finishing up a tell-all book about her 'life with Elvis'. I don't know her, she could probably be the NICEST person on the face of the Earth, but she apparently p***** off enough people in Elvis' inner-circle to be completely removed from his history (except, as I mentioned the famed trip to Hawaii with 30 of their nearest and dearest, and as a footnote to the day he died....she didn't even go to the hospital with Joe when they rushed Elvis to the hospital-'Suspicious Minds' indeed!!!!!!!

I can see you point.

I don't have an opinion on Ginger, to be frank. I am just trying to be fair. Anyone who hurts Elvis, I am on the defensive, just so you know.

I don't think much of Joe, have heard a bit about him, from people who have told me the other side of stories, and well, grrrrrr along with some of those other "MM".

To give another prospective on another point you mentioned. When family members have died in my family, people have reacted differently. One cousin COULDN'T visit her father on his death bed, she couldn't cope. It didn't diminish anything. She was just hurting. Everyone is different.

I have reacted differently to different people in my family in those situations too. You just don't know, until you go through it.

It doesn't matter what Elvis' inner circle thinks, he loved Ginger for a period of time, and if she is writing a book, well let's see what is in it and then make the judgement.

I know people in this thread are talking from hurt. I love Elvis too, and am protective, I also sometimes make the wrong judgement calls about people (ones who do end up thinking money is important to them, or write a book through ego, or to justify their behaviour from years ago, changing their stories and reasons..grrrrr), as I like to think the best of people, until proven wrong, hmm!

Ginger auctioning personal items. I wouldn't do that, but everyone is different, I will have a look at some stage, thank you. I don't understand that, but she did keep them for 30 years.

I believe that with regard to the suing, I'm trying to recall the details from what I read on the internet (I think from an Interview Ginger gave), someone else will know? There was a context to that.

We need to care for others. (smile)

Kim

ksimms2
08-19-2007, 06:22 PM
I just looked at the link of Ginger's auctioned items....holy smokes, she's nuts, I'd never part with this stuff, never. Just my opinion.....

jak
08-19-2007, 06:44 PM
A word about Ginger auctioning off some of her personal gifts from Elvis.Basically everyone around Elvis has already done it.I've a friend who bought a nice ring from one of the TCB members that Elvis gave him.The band member can be seen wearing it in the Aloha special.I asked how could he part with something like that?He had it for many years and it came to a point where the money was more significant.That's what time does.Plus everybody views material objects differently.Auctioning off some personal items is not a sign of character flaws.
Jak

justcurious
08-19-2007, 06:59 PM
I definitely agree that everyone has their own motives, I was just pointing out to an earlier post about her 'staying out of it all of these years'....back to my original obsession, Please Someone Tell Me why everyone around Elvis wiped her out of history, or rather, why did the media wipe her out at the funeral- wasn't she the 'grieving' fiance? Regardless of how one acts in a situation dealing with the death of close ones (and I have had my VERY fair share in the last 2 years), I am not the 'alleged fiance' of one of America's most treasured legacy's. She was...thus, the media would have been fascinated by her reaction, her whereabouts, etc... So, someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me, anyone with any inside 'sources', or who was around the scene back then, what was going on... What caused Vernon to 'kick her out of Graceland' as it was mentioned before? (if it was after the funeral, that makes sense, but if it was before, then why???).

In Caroline Kennedy's article for Rolling Stone-from the day before the funeral, when she mentioned Graceland, she mentioned all of these people-(obviously Priscilla and Lisa Marie) BUT even Linda was mentioned as being a part of days and preparations leading up to the funeral...anyone, anyone?
:doh:

Suzan
08-20-2007, 12:14 AM
I read that about having to call Vernon before she visited Graceland in the books:

Elvis My Brother and one other book I will hunt thru all of my books to find the exact location if you'd like. This was said by quite a few people.
In Elvis Portrait of a Friend it is said that she was checking her makeup throughout the funeral services, not a tear shed.
She called down to the kitchen and got Nancy Rooks the maid on the phone and wanted to know who was there to so they could come up that she thought something was wrong w/Elvis.
And GREAT point, would she not have turned him over, or @ least pulled his pajama's up?

I'm happy to hear that your puppy is good.:D Your right ea. reacts differently, my blue chow got hit on our canyone road by a semi, and the driver didn't even stop, and my first reaction was to run to him, he'd pulled himself to the side of the road, anyway, I ran to him crying and screaming and he layed himself across my lap, and I thought that if he had to die, if he was going to be taken from me, I wanted it to be in my arms, not alone, since he'd given me so much unconditional love...it was the least I could do for him. This is condensed version as it still makes me cry, 5 yrs. later, so, also another point, if I cry for my beautiful dog 5 yrs later how is it that she didn't and doesn't show ANY emotion when she speaks of a man she was supposedly engaged to?
And by quite a few sources, the reason the guys never mention her is that they all have said and denied that Elvis had asked her to marry him.
And your right as well, maybe they know something we don't?

jak
08-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Didnt Billy Smith confirm that Elvis was going to propose?My memory could be wrong on that one.I just cant recall.He was closest to Elvis at the end.
Jak

Merry
08-20-2007, 03:17 AM
I read that about having to call Vernon before she visited Graceland in the books:

Elvis My Brother and one other book I will hunt thru all of my books to find the exact location if you'd like. This was said by quite a few people.
In Elvis Portrait of a Friend it is said that she was checking her makeup throughout the funeral services, not a tear shed.
She called down to the kitchen and got Nancy Rooks the maid on the phone and wanted to know who was there to so they could come up that she thought something was wrong w/Elvis.
And GREAT point, would she not have turned him over, or @ least pulled his pajama's up?

I'm happy to hear that your puppy is good.:D Your right ea. reacts differently, my blue chow got hit on our canyone road by a semi, and the driver didn't even stop, and my first reaction was to run to him, he'd pulled himself to the side of the road, anyway, I ran to him crying and screaming and he layed himself across my lap, and I thought that if he had to die, if he was going to be taken from me, I wanted it to be in my arms, not alone, since he'd given me so much unconditional love...it was the least I could do for him. This is condensed version as it still makes me cry, 5 yrs. later, so, also another point, if I cry for my beautiful dog 5 yrs later how is it that she didn't and doesn't show ANY emotion when she speaks of a man she was supposedly engaged to?
And by quite a few sources, the reason the guys never mention her is that they all have said and denied that Elvis had asked her to marry him.
And your right as well, maybe they know something we don't?

I've lost three dogs Suzan, been through a lot, one recently; hence the puppy, and yes I was there, it just gets tough. Thank you. :hug:

In my experience, some people are also known, especially in public, to put on a brave face. Reading Ginger's body language in an interview posted in the last few months, watching her eyes, she was doing so, in my opinion.

"The guys" :angry: They are still empire builders, don't you agree?! :angry:

You read anything on AEK, one in particular :angry: still has people on one side of the fence, other people on the other. Why would a man in his 70's still be carrying on like he does, unless trying to justify his/their actions? I just looked up "Portrait of a Friend" on the net, I didn't know Marty Lacker wrote a previous book. With regard to what you say what he said about Ginger: Hmmm I don't know if anyone would trust what he says, due to his spiteful nature, also he didn't attend the funeral. So another "he says, she says" comment from that infamous man!

Please take care,
Kimmi

P.S. I'm not going to discuss this one any further, it happened a long time ago, and as someone said, some have been through enough. Although Suzan, it is nice to have a calm conversation, isn't? :hug: (y)

Hugs
Me!

Suzan
08-20-2007, 03:53 AM
OMG yes I so agree w/the empire building, shoot, ALL of them, sold him out and I do mean ALL of them...OH lordy dont' start me on that arse! Him and Fike, I despise him the most...he's a sick fat f..k lol

Yes it is very very nice to have a calm discussion and I thoroughly enjoy reading other's point of view because really some (u amongst them) have made me think and see a different angle.:)

I have lost 3 too, how wierd, but my chow, we had a special crazy bond, everyone who witnessed it said they'd never ever seen that type of relationship between owner and dog. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your sweet words...and unfortunately your right, it does get harder...sometimes I miss him more today then I did when it first happened. :(:( For 2 wks I couldnt' sleep because I was so used to having him right there.:(

Anyway getting emotional again, I am A HUGE animal person! My mom says I've always been a magnet for senior citizens, animals and kids. lol

LOL do I know u from someplace else? I always always sign off my emails to friends w/Hugs me lol :D

T_J
08-20-2007, 06:48 AM
...she was nothing to him, if he TRULY wanted to marry her he would have done so long before his alleged proposal.

Long before?? That's an odd point of view. He had only been dating her since 19th November '76 and he proposed on 26th January 1977. How could he have married her "long before" he proposed? Geez, should they have gone down the aisle on the first date? Anyway, the fact that they weren't married within only 9 months of dating tells us very little about what Elvis did or didn't feel. He wouldn't have married anyone that quickly. I suppose he didn't love Linda either? I mean he was with her four years and didn't even propose. By all means dislike Ginger if it makes you happy, but at least apply the same logic to her as to the other women he was involved with.

Didnt Billy Smith confirm that Elvis was going to propose?My memory could be wrong on that one.I just cant recall.He was closest to Elvis at the end.
Jak

See above. No real doubt over the proposal. There is rumour that he had changed his mind by August though. If so, it's not really surprising. I'd say 2 months is pretty quick for anyone to be sure enough to propose, and I'm sure Elvis didn't relish the prospect of a second divorce.

srj1967
08-20-2007, 07:16 AM
Him and Fike, I despise him the most...he's a sick fat f..k lol

Charming language. Just charming, especially from a woman.

And yet, I'm sure you'd be one of the first to jump up and down if someone said exactly the same thing about Elvis ... :doh:

jak
08-20-2007, 07:23 AM
I despise him the most...he's a sick fat f..k lol

This is what Im talking about when it comes to the attitude displayed by some fans.How could they possibly look at things rationally.I rest my case.
Jak

justcurious
08-20-2007, 11:06 AM
Wow, thanks y'all for those resources. So, I have been doing a little research... an older interview with Charlie Hodge (from EIN), Charlie is asked about Ginger. PLEASE DON'T QUOTE ME-I just didn't feel like copying and pasting, so I'll summarize... Basically, Charlie said that he thought she was at the time, his fiance...but, he didn't think that Elvis planned on marrying her. Maybe that is why she doesn't have ay prominent coverage from the funeral accounts.

Interestingly enough, there is some backstage footage that I just saw, either found it on You Tube or from a link here-I'll try and find it and post it-but, Elvis is receiving some sort of plaque from a Native American little girl (WHO IS SO ADORABLE BY THE WAY). After the plaque is presented and they take pictures, Elvis is on his way out the door to take the stage, and Ginger is seen trailing behind his ENTIRE entourage. Since I don't know that much about Elvis history, not sure if it was typical that he did this, but from what I have seen from the footage and photos of his time with Linda, they were basically attached at the hip...Thoughts???

To conclude, (see quoted material below), maybe this is the reason that everyone tried to wipe her out of the memory of his last few months alive...

Granted, it is from the NE editor, Iain Calder (and I don't know who to believe, I Wasn't there at the time and 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 years later, stories start to take a life of there own), so take it for what it is worth, but, here goes, ummm, couldn't copy it, hso I guess I'll summarize:

Iain Calder basically said that amongst the other 'insiders' they bought out (which has obviously been reported since basically the day he died), Ginger was willing (and did) give them and exclusive interview. IMO, from the ElvisNews interview that I read (from 2002, with her sister), she claims that she was 'duped' into the interview-all I have to say is, 'honey, money talks, you listened'. I have an EXTREMELY hard time believing that she was SO distraught and vulnerable, she didn't know where to turn-how about to a reputable media outlet-oxy*****, I know-but-or maybe others...whatevs,was her motivation, maybe that is why she got the big DISS. If after that, Vernon made her call to get permission to 'weep by Elvis' grave' once it was moved to Graceland, then more power to him-she sounds a little bogus, IMO only. Ok, not making judgments... I guess I'll move on to a new topic, but if anyone finds out some info, keep me posted!!!

:king::king::king::king::king::king::king::king::k ing::king::king::king::king

Merry
08-20-2007, 01:01 PM
Charming language. Just charming, especially from a woman.

Now you aren't into "equality" as you've said is how it should be between men and women!

presley31
08-20-2007, 01:22 PM
charming isn't it jess lol

Merry
08-20-2007, 03:00 PM
charming isn't it jess lol

LOL ......... grin ...... give me a gentleman anytime! (so many benefits, wink) lol

Wish Elvis was around!(y)

Hugs,
Kimmi

srj1967
08-20-2007, 05:50 PM
Now you aren't into "equality" as you've said is how it should be between men and women!

And, pray tell, when have I ever said I wasn't into equality???

Suzan
08-20-2007, 05:58 PM
You know what srj, your NOT a gentleman and my language is my own, I don't know what ur problem is w/me and I dont really care, but get off my back, I am ALLOWED to express my opinions just like everyone else, if you don't like them fine, move on. Learn some manners, I know Aussies are nice, go learn somethng from your fellow countrymen...your attitude leaves a lot to be desired and no honey I wouldn't be, don't you make assumptions about me you don't know me, so before you start accusing anyone of anything, make sure you don't exhibit the same attitude, for the finger that's pointing at me, you have three more pointing back at you.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
And sounds to me like your not a fan, so why are you here? If by reading much of your posts this is your attitude on Elvis, why are you here? Yes the man was human, yes the man had faults, so do we all...I'm just curious as to why ur on a forum about him, where it's SUPPOSED to be good and bringing all this negativity? And seems to me and quite a few other's that it's quite ok for you to express your opinions but God forbid someone else should do so and they don't coincide w/yours.
And you seem to zero in on PART of my posts, take a moment in that busy life of yours to read the whole thing...:D:D
Stay away from me, your not a gentleman, and I don't want anything to do w/the likes of you nor do I need you to give me lessons on how to talk...your opinion of me means nothing because your nobody to me. :D Muah hugs!
Have a nice day MATE! :D

Tommy
08-20-2007, 06:00 PM
Ladies & Gentleman,

Please tone it down a bit. Please stick to the subject matter.

Merry
08-20-2007, 06:06 PM
You know what srj, your NOT a gentleman and my language is my own, I don't know what ur hard on is for me, but get off my back, I am ALLOWED to express my opinions just like everyone else, if you don't like them fine, move on. Learn some manners, I know Aussies are nice, go learn somethng from your fellow countrymen...your attitude leaves a lot to be desired and no honey I wouldn't be, don't you make assumptions about me you don't know me, so before you start accusing anyone of anything, make sure you don't exhibit the same attitude, for the finger that's pointing at me, you have three more pointing back at you.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
And sounds to me like your not a fan, so why are you here? If by reading much of your posts this is your attitude on Elvis, why are you here? Yes the man was human, yes the man had faults, so do we all...I'm just curious as to why ur on a forum about him, where it's SUPPOSED to be good and bringing all this negativity? And seems to me and quite a few other's that it's quite ok for you to express your opinions but God forbid someone else should do so and they don't coincide w/yours.
And you seem to zero in on PART of my posts, take a moment in that busy life of yours to read the whole thing...:D:D
Stay away from me, your not a gentleman, and I don't want anything to do w/the likes of you nor do I need you to give me lessons on how to talk...your opinion of me means nothing because your nobody to me. :D Muah hugs!
Have a nice day MATE! :D

I don't want to fight, and refuse to; however, there is a time to say something.

I agree with you Suzan.

Hugs,
Kimmi

Suzan
08-20-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks Kimmi, I appreciate it that. I'm just tired of him riding my arse all the time when everyone else has the same opinion, used to be in grade schiool this meant the boy liked you . LOL ROF
I just don't understand the attitude, and why he feels his word is the be all and end all but nobody else can have their say...and accusing everyone of not knowing, well he doesn't know either and if he does, please share, set us straight. ROF And I would love to know who died and left him in charge that he feels he can say anything about anyone's speech or anything else...I've got Aussie frieinds they are beautiful and caring people, this guy is not a good spokesperson, I'd rather be embarrassed to have him be a rep. of an entire nation.:(

That's my piece and I have right like everyone to express my opinion...if he doesn't like it he doesn't have to read or respond to it, by doing so just tells me he likes to cause trouble and that's for the wonderful forum moderators to take care of.:)

Again thank you, many hugs!
me

Suzan
08-20-2007, 06:39 PM
I apologize for the language I used if it offended anyone. I didn't spell the whole word...I thought I'd censored it...so I will not do so again. Apparently nobody cusses in real life huh? :) Sorry I do and I type the way I would "speak" in a "heated" conversation, it doesn't mean I mad, or anything bad, that is just how I talk in a discussion if I am passionate about it.
As for jak, you don't know me, and u sure don't know my feelings, and why I feel the way I do, not saying my feelings are right or wrong, nor am I saying any such thing of anyone else's, but they are what they are, my feelings. And like all here I am allowed to those...as are you. But to make a broad sweep of the brush like you just did, aren't you as well exhibiting the same pattern as I am being accused of?
Do you not know how Elvis paid for Lamar Fike to have surgery and then stayed on the phone with medical team for 6 or so hours (will have to recheck Lamar's acct., yes LAMAR'S so this isn't from a 3rd party, he said/she said) to make sure he was ok, WHILE the surgery was going on...and then he goes on the attack and talks about very peronal things about Elvis, stuff really that shouldn't be said, I'm sure his family (Lamar's) would be just as upset if someone discussed him in such manner. I don't want to go into what all he said as I don't think Elvis daughter and his grandchildren need to see or hear it again...but def. something that he should have kept to himself and stuff for all we know is not true.
I'm done.
Thanks to all...and you know who you are, who were sane, fair and allowed ALL to voice an opinion w/o personal attack. I thank you for that and for making me feel welcome for that is what a true Presley fan/family base is all about, IN MY OPINION! :D

Merry
08-20-2007, 06:42 PM
I apologize for the language I used if it offended anyone. I didn't spell the whole word...I thought I'd censored it...so I will not do so again. Apparently nobody cusses in real life huh? :) Sorry I do and I type the way I would "speak" in a "heated" conversation, it doesn't mean I mad, or anything bad, that is just how I talk in a discussion if I am passionate about it.
As for jak, you don't know me, and u sure don't know my feelings, and why I feel the way I do, not saying my feelings are right or wrong, nor am I say any such thing of anyone else's, but they are what they are, my feelings. And like all here I am allowed to those...as are you. But to make a broad sweep of the brush like you just did, aren't you as well exhibiting the same pattern as I am being accused of?
Do you not know how Elvis paid for Lamar Fike to have surgery and then stayed on the phone with medical team for 6 or so hours (will have to recheck Lamar's acct., yes LAMAR'S so this isn't from a 3rd party, he said/she said) to make sure he was ok, WHILE the surgery was going on...and then he goes on the attack and talks about very peronal things about Elvis, stuff really that shouldn't be said, I'm sure his family (Lamar's) would be just as upset if someone discussed him in such manner. I don't want to go into what all he said as I don't think Elvis daughter and his grandchildren need to see or hear it again...but def. something that he should have kept to himself and stuff for all we know is not true.
I'm done.
Thanks to all...and you know who you are, who were sane, fair and allowed ALL to voice an opinion w/o personal attack. I thank you for that and for making me feel welcome for that is what a true Presley fan/family base is all about, IN MY OPINION! :D

Hi Mods,

Another one leaving!

:'(

Kim

ksimms2
08-20-2007, 06:48 PM
wow guys...I hate to see all the "hate" in here....you guys are all awesome people...please let's stay cool with each other.....we are all here for our love of Elvis...all of us.... ;)

Merry
08-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Don't go Suzan.

Please.

Hugs,
Kimmi

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-21-2007, 02:13 AM
This thread has been closed due to ill tempers and people getting personal on ALL sides! It never ceases to amaze me how threads can get Hi-Jacked.

This thread has been reported to the Moderators so that appropriate action can be taken. Please do not take this argument into another thread.

Matt