PDA

View Full Version : paparazzi and Elvis

Supertigre
08-10-2007, 08:12 AM
I was watching some youtube clips and saw one where Elvis is at the gate of graceland just chatting with people and having a good time. I have also heard that Elvis would invite fans into graceland to visit with him. I can't help but be amazed that Elvis could do this ,nowadays there would be so much paperazzi lurking in the bushes and climbing over the wall just to get a shot they can sell.
It must have been a great era that allowed Elvis so much freedom to do this and have so much respect from the fans and press that noone tried to abuse him.I just wish I could have gone to Memphis during the early 70's to see Elvis playing in his yard and maybe get a quick conversation with him.
Oh how times have changed.:lmfao:

thehillbillycat
08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Yea, but there was only problem. Graceland is private property and if Elvis was alive today those guards could shoot the person trying to go over the wall. Elvis talking with the fans at the gate and letting them in, at least he knows someone is on the property.

JDD
08-10-2007, 10:59 AM
They wouldn't need to climb the wall anyway, not with the zoom lenses we have today. All they'd need to do is pay one of the neighbors on the side or back and sit on the roof and shoot over the fence all day and night.

President Presley
08-10-2007, 11:02 AM
Supertigre, can you place a link of that YouTube clip where Elvis is talking to some fans?

Joe Car
08-10-2007, 11:22 AM
I was watching some youtube clips and saw one where Elvis is at the gate of graceland just chatting with people and having a good time. I have also heard that Elvis would invite fans into graceland to visit with him. I can't help but be amazed that Elvis could do this ,nowadays there would be so much paperazzi lurking in the bushes and climbing over the wall just to get a shot they can sell.
It must have been a great era that allowed Elvis so much freedom to do this and have so much respect from the fans and press that noone tried to abuse him.I just wish I could have gone to Memphis during the early 70's to see Elvis playing in his yard and maybe get a quick conversation with him.
Oh how times have changed.:lmfao:

The difference was, Elvis was being Elvis, the world's biggest star, not calling anybody to tip off his whereabouts, just enjoying being with the people he loved, us fans. These manafactured stars of today I'm sure tip off the paperazzi to where they are going, so they can get the publicity. Also, we have to keep in mind, Elvis didn't attend any Hollywood gatherings, ( parties, movie premier's and such ) he pretty much kept his personal life, very private. If you wanted to see Elvis, you had to go his house, not the other way around, unless you were the President.

elvis himselvis
08-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Elvis was a great person,and as a fan,you really had a change to get close to him...nowadays,it's very hard to see your idol,and most of those people,are not kind to their fans...Elvis was always there for his fans.

Wendy56
08-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Elvis was the best artist. And his fans where (are) the best too.

nolvis
08-11-2007, 12:05 AM
:lol::)President Presley that Groucho Marx joke is hilarious!!!:):lol:

President Presley
08-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks Nolvis, Groucho died on august 19th 1977:

From Wikipedia:
His death undoubtedly would have received more attention at the time had it not occurred three days after that of Elvis Presley. In an interview, he jokingly suggested his epitaph read "Excuse me, I can't stand up", but his mausoleum marker bears only his stage name, a Star of David, and the years of his birth and death.