PDA

View Full Version : Which Elvis Song Makes You Laugh ?

Burning_Love
08-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Hiya.

We recently had a thread asking which Elvis song made you cry.
Well i would like to know, which one makes you laugh??

Mine has to be "Fever" from the closing night ftd..H-I-L-E-R-I-O-U-S !! And Elvis, had a dirty mind Really Lol :lmfao:

Thanksss:notworthy:clap:

The King's Queen
08-09-2007, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah...this is a good one Burning! (y) I laugh at a lot of the live versions when his own distinct personality shines through, but I gotta say that the "in concert" version of Suspicious Minds ( when he adds the line..."I hope this suit don't tear up Baby"), just does it for me! :lmfao: Don't know why...lol...maybe I too have a dirty mind!:blush:

Merry
08-09-2007, 05:37 PM
Hiya.

Mine has to be "Fever" from the closing night ftd..H-I-L-E-R-I-O-U-S !! And Elvis, had a dirty mind Really Lol :lmfao:

We have some wonderful minds, lol, I just posted the same thing! :clap:

Can't have enough laughing, huh? lol

Hugs,
Kimmi

Merry
08-09-2007, 05:39 PM
Oh yeah... "in concert" version of Suspicious Minds ( when he adds the line..."I hope this suit don't tear up Baby"), just does it for me! :lmfao: Don't know why...lol...maybe I too have a dirty mind!:blush:

Same wavelength, lol

You have no idea, how many times I have to zip my lips! :blush: :lmfao:

hehe

Kimmi

Merry
08-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Hiya.

Here is another one, sweetie!

"Roustabout" edited clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkbGAAANx3w

Hugs,
Kimmi

Burning_Love
08-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks Kim..enjoyed it very much :clap: woo !

ElvisChick
08-09-2007, 06:01 PM
I started reading the title of this thread and realized it sounded similar to one i posted(song that makes you cry) lol anyway one song that makes me laugh is Little Darlin' the live version its really funny to me some how. lol.:D

SweetCaroline
08-09-2007, 07:46 PM
The laughing version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" that happened in Vegas 69.

http://www.anelvisfan2001.com/AreYouLonesomeTonight.html

Merry
08-09-2007, 08:02 PM
The laughing version of "Are You Lonesome Tonight" that happened in Vegas 69.

http://www.anelvisfan2001.com/AreYouLonesomeTonight.html

I just listened to this one again, I got the giggles! lol

Thanks SweetCaroline.

Great job BurningLove on this thread, you are so clever :clap: hehe
Hugs,
Kimmi

Burning_Love
08-10-2007, 05:54 AM
Lol Thanks Kim, i love yours too !! Love the clip of Elvis in Burbank, what en awesome man he was !!!

Thanksss

Danielle xx

geordie
08-10-2007, 08:00 AM
i love are you laughing tonight :lol:

also the version of DATIN when elvis cracks up :lmfao:

presley31
08-10-2007, 08:24 AM
you gave me a mountain, uncut,, very funny

Album: cut me and l bleed.

Burning_Love
08-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Thanks for your answers. It's nice we have things like this to discuss (y):clap:

SweetCaroline
08-10-2007, 01:10 PM
i love are you laughing tonight :lol:

Good rename for it! :lol:

desiree
08-10-2007, 01:16 PM
This is easy lol - The laughing version of Are You Lonesome Tonight
Every time I hear it I lmho. I've tried not to, but for me it's impossible.:lol:

SweetCaroline
08-10-2007, 02:37 PM
You know...we often say that no one had a voice as beautiful as our guy...but no one had a laugh that was more fun, more contagious, or more lovable either!!! ELVIS had the best laugh in the whole wide world!!! :D

Merry
08-10-2007, 03:50 PM
You know...we often say that no one had a voice as beautiful as our guy...but no one had a laugh that was more fun, more contagious, or more lovable either!!! ELVIS had the best laugh in the whole wide world!!! :D

I have to agree with you, Carole, Elvis' laugh is one of the many things I love about him. (y) :hug:

Kimmi
Next yearb, is the beginning of a cycle. Things will become easier. Time.

jatta-tcb
08-10-2007, 04:41 PM
one-sided love affair.. it's great! :lol: and also Are you lonesome tonight (laughing version) :D

GirlHappy19
08-10-2007, 08:02 PM
Fever is funny and sexy.YUMM!!!

ph10579
08-11-2007, 08:10 AM
Froggy went a courtin' is pretty **************** funny!

Wendy56
08-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Are you lonesome tonight (laughing version), and an alternate take of the Beach Shack song. Don't know the Fever versiong you tell about where can I get it?

Trev1
08-12-2007, 01:17 PM
'Like a Baby' is funny cause of the lyrics :P

Great performance tho (y)

goodelvisgirl
08-13-2007, 07:03 AM
well high heel sneakers cos its the sillyest song i'v ever heard it dosent make sence but i love it great dancin number also the alternate versions of songs elvis did where he changes lyrics or laughs just elvis at his best

polksaladhasie
08-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Some songs make me laugh.. for example the beginning from "Wearin that loved on look" when he sings so high and has to laugh, then "Beach Shak" when he startes laughing...

His laugh makes me laughing, too, that s so crazy and COOL :D:blush:

ksimms2
08-13-2007, 12:00 PM
Yes "Suspicious Minds" with "I hope this suit don't tear up baby" and also which one did he say "Shove it up your nose!"?? Geez I sing it all the time and now I've drawn a blank....and I love "Polk Salad Annie" live version - he is so hilarious.....where he shoves the microphone "down his throat"...yes the dirty minded man. I love when he is cutting up like that. He sings "I found my thrill on blueberry hill" really quickly on Live from Las Vegas just before "I can't stop loving you".....

KPM
08-13-2007, 05:28 PM
"Froggy Went a Courtin" is funny. I love it when ELvis speeds it up then slows it down to a crawl-to drive Ronnie Tutt crazy with the changing tempos. You can hear him laughing at end about Tutts trying to get into a groove and then he slows it down to nothing. :D:D

Burning_Love
08-13-2007, 06:21 PM
wow thanks for your answers, some great ones there !! :clap:(y)

And Wendy, i have only ever heard it on tcb radio on Friday nights,i can not find it on the web which is annoying..but it is hilerious :lmfao:

paulisiae
08-14-2007, 08:17 AM
Are you lonesome tonight?(Laughing Version) :):):):)

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=-r4nOZVuULQ

ricardo b. prospero
09-24-2007, 08:15 AM
I would say the song "Old Mc Donald" I think it is the craziest and funny song Elvis ever did like he was a little boy singing.

Tony Trout
09-24-2007, 09:20 AM
My choices would be:

"Stranger In My Own Hometown" (from the "Walk A Mile In My Shoes" CD box set)

"Are You Lonesome Tonight (Laughing Version)".....this absolutely cracks me up every time I hear it.

"Are You Lonesome Tonight?" (from "Elvis In Concert"). I don't care what people's opinions are of this version. To me, Elvis was just simply having fun with the lyrics. He could've done a straight version of it but after he screwed up the first part of the "recitation" I don't think the thought crossed his mind to try to get back to the seriousness of the song.

rhythmknights
09-24-2007, 10:40 AM
Yes "Suspicious Minds" with "I hope this suit don't tear up baby" and also which one did he say "Shove it up your nose!"?? Geez I sing it all the time and now I've drawn a blank....and I love "Polk Salad Annie" live version - he is so hilarious.....where he shoves the microphone "down his throat"...yes the dirty minded man. I love when he is cutting up like that. He sings "I found my thrill on blueberry hill" really quickly on Live from Las Vegas just before "I can't stop loving you".....

I get it now! LOL & as far Fever goes -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRK_kE9JOKI

Is this the one? It is hilarious, I hadn't heard it before! Funny!
My fav is the laughing version of Are you lonesome Tonight, everytime i hear it - it makes me smile!

kevis
09-24-2007, 11:09 AM
i think the song that makes me smile and laugh the most is when he really cracks up trying to sing datin from paradise hawaiin style just so funny very much like the are you lonsome tonight one,

kev

spanish eyes
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I love the laughing version of AYLT its my cheer up song :D, I also love the lyrics of US Male they are so funny "I'll stretch your neck like a long rubber band" lol my fave funny version after AYLT is Memories its so great to hear Elvis having fun, he does some great dog sounds lol and I love the way he changes some of the lyrics to "purple eyes and frightened ways and scaredie nose and twinkle toes with me", what a great sense of humour he had :lmfao:

I've attached the link for Memories below, I hope its works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4_Kxpr5ELE

Thank you Elvis for sharing your fun side with us and making us laugh

Rover
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Some hilarious links in here...I didn't know the funny version of Are you lonesome tonight :D
Any link to US Male?

I don't know why, but something that makes me laugh is "Trouble"...He's serious in the beginning, threatening, and then: "my daddy was a green eyed maaan" :lmfao: (next time someone tries to piss me off I'll say that)

spanish eyes
09-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Any link to US Male?

Here's the link Rover

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGw3QX-7A-I

Rover
09-24-2007, 01:06 PM
You better not mess with the U.S. Male my friend
The U.S. Male gets mad, he's gonna do you in

:lmfao: Thanks for the link!
But nothing beats "are you laughing tonight?" :D

marijaep
09-24-2007, 01:08 PM
It has to be Datin' :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
and bunch of other songs..already mentioned.
Fever! --- lol, that funny version always makes my day..."Myrna Smith and JD Summner"....:lmfao: lol:wiggle:

rhythmknights
09-24-2007, 01:16 PM
I love the laughing version of AYLT its my cheer up song :D, I also love the lyrics of US Male they are so funny "I'll stretch your neck like a long rubber band" lol my fave funny version after AYLT is Memories its so great to hear Elvis having fun, he does some great dog sounds lol and I love the way he changes some of the lyrics to "purple eyes and frightened ways and scaredie nose and twinkle toes with me", what a great sense of humour he had :lmfao:
Thank you Elvis for sharing your fun side with us and making us laugh

Thank you! Too funny! No one can tell me that Elvis would not have made a great writer!
and about U S Male! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

You Know you're a redneck if you 'gave her a ring you bought on sale' and think 'that makes her the property of this US male!' :lmfao:

these are all added on my fav's, now!