PDA

View Full Version : "This Is Elvis" Question

Awickedreigndrop
08-09-2007, 04:10 AM
I got "This Is Elvis" the other day and it was my first time seeing it. In the beginning I noticed that the carpet and curtains were red. Was that Graceland for real? Because today I know that the carpet is white and the curtains are blue. And if that really was Graceland in the movie, why would they change the way the house looked and not leave it the way Elvis had it?

Dovey
08-09-2007, 04:50 AM
Awickedreigndrop to answer your question in a short and sweet way: Linda Thompson and Elvis decoraded Graceland in Red and after he passed away Cilla changed everything back to the way it was when she and Elvis lived there together. Dovey;)

Burning_Love
08-09-2007, 04:55 AM
I think they should have kept i the way it was, the way Elvis left it. Then you knew the thing you saw, Elvis had touched before he went. (n):king:

The King's Queen
08-09-2007, 06:09 AM
I couldn't have said it better myself, BurningLove...:notworthy

presley31
08-09-2007, 07:49 AM
l didn't like the red, it was horrible in my opionion.

thehillbillycat
08-09-2007, 08:06 AM
The Red carpet and curtains was red up until Graceland open to the public. Graceland in the movie This Is Elvis is the real place. Alot of change since that movie but it is the same place. Johnny Harra is a real Elvis Impersonator who is walking around Graceland. He was choosen because he was and is the only Elvis Impersonator that is referred as his double. He looked (when the sunglasses are on) and sounded like Elvis. He been a Elvis Impersonator since the 50s. Most thinks he may be the first one but they aren't for sure. He has never claim to be the first Elvis Impersonator. I believe all the guys who played Elvis in the movie except for Johnny Harra is dead.

Here is a photo of Elvis at 10, Elvis at 18, and Elvis at 42:
http://www.mmgcollectibles.com/images/J/JI/JI581f.jpg

jak
08-09-2007, 08:13 AM
It's subjective of course as to what color people prefer.I prefer the blue and white over the red.The red looked incredibly tacky to me.People on the tours would be asking why Elvis lived in a bordello if it was still the same.It looks classier to me today.I know it was the style but the red was way to much.
Jak

srj1967
08-09-2007, 08:51 AM
I believe all the guys who played Elvis in the movie except for Johnny Harra is dead.

No, only David Scott (Elvis at 18) is dead. He died in 1993.

Ral Donner, who did the narration in This Is Elvis, died in 1984.

But Paul Boensch (Elvis at 10) and Johnny Harra (Elvis at 42) are still alive.

thehillbillycat
08-09-2007, 10:03 AM
No, only David Scott (Elvis at 18) is dead. He died in 1993.

Ral Donner, who did the narration in This Is Elvis, died in 1984.

But Paul Boensch (Elvis at 10) and Johnny Harra (Elvis at 42) are still alive.

Dana MacKay is dead as well. He was Elvis at 35 in This Is Elvis. He was the one walking around the hospital.

Diane
08-09-2007, 06:17 PM
I much prefer the blue decor in Graceland than I did the red - much classier but wasn't it blue in the first place before Linda decided to change it to red? I also read somewhere that Elvis was gone at the time Linda changed it and wasn't pleased when he came back and saw what she'd done. If so, then all Priscilla did was change it back to the way it was so what people are seeing now IS the way it was most of the time Elvis lived there.

Diane

presley31
08-09-2007, 06:33 PM
l have read that to diane.

franny
08-09-2007, 06:39 PM
I also prefer the blue over the red colour, but maybe that was the "in thing" at the time..

franny

Diane
08-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I'm sure it was the in thing at the time Franny but all that furry red stuff looked like it was out to grab you! :) Linda tended to be more flamboyant with fur and feathers in her style of dress than Priscilla was. I may not be a Cilla fan but she certainly used to have great taste in clothes in her younger days. I don't understand her thinking today.......:blink:

Diane

Awickedreigndrop
08-09-2007, 07:41 PM
Thanks to everyone for explaining this to me! I'm in the middle, I like red but the carpet being red along with the curtains was too much! I would have liked red curtain's with the white carpet but never red on red.