PDA

View Full Version : Spot the fake!!

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-20-2007, 01:50 PM
Just a little bit of fun.......

TheQueen35
07-20-2007, 01:53 PM
I like this idea.. thanks for comming up with it.

ElvisChick
07-20-2007, 01:55 PM
if were suppose to tell you which one we think is fake i think the red one is the fake....am i right??:hmm:

marijaep
07-20-2007, 02:09 PM
The red ones are the fakes:D(y)......I think hehe

Marija

rebby
07-20-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I would go with the red ones also! lol good idea btw! :)

Dorulet
07-20-2007, 02:11 PM
I'm pretty sure that the first red one is a fake because of the shape of the microphone... but i'm not sure about the second one

SweetCaroline
07-20-2007, 02:38 PM
I think the red ones are the fakes also. ELVIS did have the red "Burning Love" jumpsuit...but the studs were placed differently. I was surprised to see Elvis wear a red jumpsuit because in the early years I had read somewhere that he didn't like red all that much.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-20-2007, 02:41 PM
Are these getting more obvious :hmm:

SweetCaroline
07-20-2007, 02:59 PM
I don't think he had a RED Rainbow suit. :D

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-20-2007, 03:08 PM
This one is for those who have a Keane eye, some differences are amazingly obvious whilst others may be a little tricky??!! can you spot them all? one picture has not be touched or changed in any way.

I have made the picture in to one

SweetCaroline
07-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Hummm...well the necklace is flipped. One on the right as you look at screen is Sean Shaver's original picture of the White Nail Suit...
but I am still looking for the other differences in the fake left picture on the left.

okay.....on the belt ..on the right picture the Egypt men are the correct position as Sean took the picture...but on the left picture (looking at screen) the Egypt man on left as you look belt is in different position.

The stud atop the Egypt guy to left (in left fake picture) should be a silver color and it is a bronze color in the fake.

Again left picture on his left side as you look at him....The three rows of studs where the zipper ends....botton row is missing large stud. Middle row has large stud in the middle row that is not there on the original picture.

The three rows above that...
Extra stud in bottom row on left and on the top row of that three row sequence of studs.

First three row sequence of studs (again picture on left and left side of body) middle row has extra silver large stud.

Okay..belt again...large bronze stud on last row of belt on the right as you look at ELVIS that is not there in original picture.

WoW..this is tricky.

Can you tell us how many things we should find different?

Burning_Love
07-20-2007, 03:33 PM
I'd have ta say the Red ! Great idea thanks! (y) :king:

Diane
07-20-2007, 03:56 PM
He didn't have a red Nail suit for the first one nor did he have a red rainbow in the second.

The only difference I could pick out in the third is the necklace is turned and I don't know which is correct.:'(

Love this game Matt! (y)

Diane

Merry
07-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Just a little bit of fun.......

The red one, lol, hmmm looking good (y)

:D

Jess

Merry
07-20-2007, 04:23 PM
Are these getting more obvious :hmm:

Blue is real

:D

Jess

toffe
07-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Red is fake, blue is real!! :blush:

Elvis_Priestly
07-20-2007, 04:38 PM
As many as I could spot! :blink:

Is there a prize? Is it the suit??? :supriced:

marijaep
07-20-2007, 04:40 PM

WOW Father Conor, you deserve the suit :blink::lmfao:

SweetCaroline
07-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Wow, Father Conor...you found four more than me....but, hey, your eyes are 25 years younger. LOL
Congrats. :notworthy

SeeSeeRider777
07-20-2007, 05:53 PM
in the first set the red ones are fake because Elvis wore the gold attendance belt with the burning love suit.

hcvegas
07-20-2007, 07:11 PM
(y)Very cool idea! I always loved timing myself to find the differences in the sunday comics section. This was a very good one.

This one is for those who have a Keane eye, some differences are amazingly obvious whilst others may be a little tricky??!! can you spot them all? one picture has not be touched or changed in any way.

Diane
07-20-2007, 07:17 PM
I checked the white circle nail suit picture in our gallery and the point of the necklace in the picture there is pointed to the right so I will go with the right photo as being the correct one.......?

Found something else....in the left picture in the lowest three rows of studs on his left side there is a missing stud close to the opening of the jumpsuit. Is that it?

Diane

Tommy
07-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Great idea Matt:lol:(y)

Thanks for the fun(y)

Leroy
07-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I don't think he had a RED Rainbow suit. :D

He didn't had a rainbow at all!

SweetCaroline
07-20-2007, 09:04 PM
He didn't had a rainbow at all!

I stand corrected then.....what is the name? After checking around I am back to thinking it is Blue Rainbow jumpsuit??? So now you have me confused. Come on Leroy...help me out here....

How else are us students going to learn? :)

SweetCaroline
07-20-2007, 09:32 PM

That was really fun and challenging. Thank-you :notworthy

ForeverTheKing
07-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Blue is real :lol: and I still prefer the real version :clap: it's one of my favourite jumpsuits (y)

Nicole Presley
07-21-2007, 01:52 AM
I think the red one is a fake. I?ve seen Elvis on tour. Elvis had a blue one on there.

Nicole Presley
07-21-2007, 01:54 AM
Very funny Jumpsuit Junkie!!! I?ve seen the answer you chosen. It?s so easy to find the answer if you vote for it! (n)

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-21-2007, 04:56 AM
I stand corrected then.....what is the name? After checking around I am back to thinking it is Blue Rainbow jumpsuit??? So now you have me confused. Come on Leroy...help me out here....

How else are us students going to learn? :)

The name of the suit is the "Blue Swirl"

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-21-2007, 04:57 AM
Very funny Jumpsuit Junkie!!! I?ve seen the answer you chosen. It?s so easy to find the answer if you vote for it! (n)

I only voted for that one to throw people of the trail because if I voted everyone would know :P

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-21-2007, 05:02 AM

No prizes unfortunately just the pure fun of finding them, there are three more you haven't spotted!!

Matt

Patrick Janzen
07-21-2007, 07:36 AM
All honest I thought RED was never a good color for a jumpsuit
White did it
Besides it was ALL about the MUSIC "NOT" the wild suits

U.S. Male
07-21-2007, 09:16 AM
The red is....I've had prints of both those photos for many years, and you can tell that blue was the natural color:P:D:P

Great game Matt....lets try another one(y)(y)

presley
07-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Red one l think too

SweetCaroline
07-21-2007, 01:15 PM
The name of the suit is the "Blue Swirl"

Thanks for being so kind to reply, Matt...
I don't know how you (and Leroy) keep the names all straight, especially since many of the jumpsuits have several names. :blink:
You can just name me confused. :D

Leroy
07-21-2007, 01:25 PM
Thanks for being so kind to reply, Matt...
I don't know how you (and Leroy) keep the names all straight, especially since many of the jumpsuits have several names. :blink:
You can just name me confused. :D

I know about being confused SweetCaroline. But I left it behind me since I strictly go by the designer names.

SweetCaroline
07-21-2007, 02:58 PM
I know about being confused SweetCaroline. But I left it behind me since I strictly go by the designer names.

I was wondering how the jumpsuits were named. So the designer, Bill Belew, had his names for them. Where did the other names come...from just fans over the years?

Leroy
07-21-2007, 03:25 PM
I was wondering how the jumpsuits were named. So the designer, Bill Belew, had his names for them. Where did the other names come...from just fans over the years?

Well, first I have to clear up something. Bill Belew was not the only designer. He did Elvis stage wardrobe until the end of 1971. Then Gene Doucette took over.

The other names are mostly given by the fans. They often used album sleeves or places where Elvis performed as a reference.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-21-2007, 03:56 PM
The names of Jumpsuits have for a long time been that of the fans due to links from Albums and fan given names. Leroy is right to discuss the names from the designer, It is also quite confusing to think of how EPE call the suits as they often go with the fan given names rather than the designer!

There is a list from Leroy of the correct names.... if you want it PM me and I will help you to show you the light.

Matt

SweetCaroline
07-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Thank you, both Matt and Leroy for the help.:notworthy:notworthy I am fascinated by the different names of jumpsuits and their designers. I would like to be more knowledgable about his clothing. In fact, I was in the kitchen doing housework and the question hit me about the designers. I was coming back in to post the question if Bill Belew was the only designer, but Leroy was one step ahead of me already. If Gene Doucette took over at the end of 71 it seems it is Bill Belew's designing that I have preference for.

Again, Thank you both very much for your input.

~Carole~

SweetCaroline
07-21-2007, 11:49 PM
While trying to learn more about the jumpsuits I found an interesting (original 2002) article about costume designer Gene Doucette.

Not just any white fringed jumpsuit will do :king:

Original Publication Date: August 13, 2002
By Donnie Snow
Every woman wanted him and every man wanted to be him.

Now 25 years after Elvis Presley died, at least some of that is still true. Lots of men still want to be Elvis and premier Elvis Presley jumpsuit reproduction manufacturer B & K Enterprises does its best to accommodate.

But there's only so much that can be done.

"It's hard to make a guy (who weighs) 250 look 190," says B & K's Butch Polston. "But that's why guys come to us.

"We do have to kind of accommodate the guys in the way they look and feel, and this is the same as with anybody in the entertainment industry, it's ego-driven.''

One of the original Elvis costumers, Gene Doucette, who still stitches some Elvis suits for Polston, had to fit suits not only to Presley's approval, but also his physique, something that was a lot easier for him to do, than it is for Polston.

"I've given this a lot of thought," Doucette said; "the thing is, there are a lot of younger impersonators out there who impersonate the younger Elvis because they're smart and what they're doing is closest to that visual.

"I think one of the things that recently came to mind, a lot of the impersonators who do the later Elvis, most of the impersonators are older, they grew up with Elvis, and especially physically they're closer to that."

Closer, but not the same. Elvis :king: had a big chest and tiny waist, Doucette said, and his suits accentuated that. (y)

"It can be frustrating," Doucette said, "working a customer order with a smaller chest and bigger waist than the original, I have to contort the pattern to their body. It's difficult to make it look the same."

As for his favorites, Doucette said he has a few favorite suits for different reasons.

He loves the American eagle suit because, after that, he had no design restrictions.

"I just doodled one with an American eagle, and (Presley) liked it," he said. "With each suit afterwards, I got a little more risque."

Another favorite was the Powder Blue suit, a knock-off of one he designed for cowgirl Dale Evans.

"I always like the Indian Chief and Sundial suits because I was being artistic," he said. "The Sun Dial (the Inca suit) christened my tribute to the Chrysler Building."

He said The Phoenix is a favorite because it got him "out of a hole."

Apparently among a batch of design swatches sent to Presley for his approval was one Doucette hoped for a jungle theme that would incorporate a boa constrictor wrapping around Presley's leg, stampeding elephants and a zebra.

Presley sent back the batch, all approved (nothing was ever turned down) but with a question about why the one with the bird had funny feet.

Unwittingly, Presley mistook an upside-down zebra for a bird. He liked it, though, so Doucette turned it upside down on the suit and constructed the Phoenix.

http://elvis.commercialappeal-web.com/51_not_just_any_white_fringed_jumpsuit_will_do

Diana
07-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe all of them (it is the easiest way to choose at least one right):blush::lol:
Thanks for it(y)(y)(y)

Diana
07-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh!
And thank you very very much Sweetcaroline!!!(y)(y)(y)

SweetCaroline
07-22-2007, 02:22 PM
Your welcome, Diana. :D I ran into the article last night and since it is from 2002 wasn't sure you all here might have already seen and discussed it, or not.

Leroy
07-22-2007, 04:38 PM
I have interviewed these guys in 2006 and they told me much the same plus more....

Here is the link where I parked the meeting. It's a PDF file. If you have difficulties opening it I recommend to download and install Acrobat Reader.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/elNLQmtVdVVtUUUwTVE9PQ

Diane
07-22-2007, 05:52 PM
The White Circle Studded suit on the left has an extra stud on the left sleeve and also on the right sleeve.

So far, all the suits on the right are the correct ones lol

Diane

SweetCaroline
07-22-2007, 06:00 PM
I have interviewed these guys in 2006 and they told me much the same plus more....

Here is the link where I parked the meeting. It's a PDF file. If you have difficulties opening it I recommend to download and install Acrobat Reader.

http://www.yousendit.com/download/elNLQmtVdVVtUUUwTVE9PQ

Thank you for that Leroy. :notworthy

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-23-2007, 03:18 AM
Here is a couple of photo's of the Arabian First Edition!

There are quite a few differences :lol:

Leroy
07-23-2007, 04:06 AM
The right picture is the original one. I had to turn Elvis into a Voo Doo doll to point out the differences I spotted.

IM4Elvis
07-23-2007, 07:45 AM
Thanks very much. A really cool idea. However I do believe the red one is the fake.

IM

elvis himselvis
07-23-2007, 07:58 AM
the red one is the fake one

Diane
07-23-2007, 08:10 AM
Thanks for pointing out the differences on the Memphis suit Leroy - did you use a magnifying glass?:D You have quite an eye for detail!(y)

Diane

Leroy
07-23-2007, 08:28 AM
If you have "into" Elvis wardobe as deep and long as I am you kinda get to a point where you can "dream" each suit. :lol:

marijaep
07-23-2007, 08:47 AM
While trying to learn more about the jumpsuits I found an interesting (original 2002) article about costume designer Gene Doucette.

Not just any white fringed jumpsuit will do :king:

Original Publication Date: August 13, 2002
By Donnie Snow
Every woman wanted him and every man wanted to be him.

Now 25 years after Elvis Presley died, at least some of that is still true. Lots of men still want to be Elvis and premier Elvis Presley jumpsuit reproduction manufacturer B & K Enterprises does its best to accommodate.

But there's only so much that can be done.

"It's hard to make a guy (who weighs) 250 look 190," says B & K's Butch Polston. "But that's why guys come to us.

"We do have to kind of accommodate the guys in the way they look and feel, and this is the same as with anybody in the entertainment industry, it's ego-driven.''

One of the original Elvis costumers, Gene Doucette, who still stitches some Elvis suits for Polston, had to fit suits not only to Presley's approval, but also his physique, something that was a lot easier for him to do, than it is for Polston.

"I've given this a lot of thought," Doucette said; "the thing is, there are a lot of younger impersonators out there who impersonate the younger Elvis because they're smart and what they're doing is closest to that visual.

"I think one of the things that recently came to mind, a lot of the impersonators who do the later Elvis, most of the impersonators are older, they grew up with Elvis, and especially physically they're closer to that."

Closer, but not the same. Elvis :king: had a big chest and tiny waist, Doucette said, and his suits accentuated that. (y)

"It can be frustrating," Doucette said, "working a customer order with a smaller chest and bigger waist than the original, I have to contort the pattern to their body. It's difficult to make it look the same."

As for his favorites, Doucette said he has a few favorite suits for different reasons.

He loves the American eagle suit because, after that, he had no design restrictions.

"I just doodled one with an American eagle, and (Presley) liked it," he said. "With each suit afterwards, I got a little more risque."

Another favorite was the Powder Blue suit, a knock-off of one he designed for cowgirl Dale Evans.

"I always like the Indian Chief and Sundial suits because I was being artistic," he said. "The Sun Dial (the Inca suit) christened my tribute to the Chrysler Building."

He said The Phoenix is a favorite because it got him "out of a hole."

Apparently among a batch of design swatches sent to Presley for his approval was one Doucette hoped for a jungle theme that would incorporate a boa constrictor wrapping around Presley's leg, stampeding elephants and a zebra.

Presley sent back the batch, all approved (nothing was ever turned down) but with a question about why the one with the bird had funny feet.

Unwittingly, Presley mistook an upside-down zebra for a bird. He liked it, though, so Doucette turned it upside down on the suit and constructed the Phoenix.

http://elvis.commercialappeal-web.com/51_not_just_any_white_fringed_jumpsuit_will_do

WOW, this article was amazing:clap:
Thanks for posting it SweetCaroline:notworthy

Marija

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-23-2007, 10:12 AM
The right picture is the original one. I had to turn Elvis into a Voo Doo doll to point out the differences I spotted.

Fantastic (y) I will do some more, it seems like people are having fun :)

Matt

Diane
07-23-2007, 10:49 AM
I do like this sort of puzzle Matt - please post some more. Leroy, give me a 10 minutes start okay?:)

Diane

Leroy
07-23-2007, 10:54 AM
We'll do! ;)

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-23-2007, 11:54 AM
I have done another two pictures, more of a I wish this had been done! :'(

Diane
07-23-2007, 11:59 AM
The right suit is correct - the Silver Phoenix didn't come in red. I'm checking for more.....is there more?:D

Thank you Leroy lol

Diane

marijaep
07-23-2007, 12:56 PM
I think that the suit on the right is the real one too:clap: Nice suit, hehe(y)

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-23-2007, 01:37 PM
Here is the Arabian Second Version. 9 differences to spot :D

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Last ones for today I'm tired! :yawn:

Diane
07-23-2007, 02:46 PM
All right.......King of Hearts suit

1. 4 Buttons on cuff in left picture, 3 buttons in the right picture
2. 2 Buttons on back side of cuff in left picture, one in the right picture
3. Gold stud below left shoulder in left picture, not shown in right picture
4. Gold stud below right shoulder in left picture, not shown in right picture
5. Large stud between scarf shown in left picture, smaller in right picture
6. Extra strand of hair in bangs in left picture
7. Blue design showing behind collar in right picture
8. Two buttons on hanging part of cuff in the left picture, one in right picture
9. Sideburns in right picture slightly longer and more pointed in right picture

Second photos of Nail suit - the blue is the correct one.

How did I do? Diane

marijaep
07-23-2007, 03:44 PM

8. Two buttons on hanging part of cuff in the left picture, one in right picture

How did I do? Diane

WOW Diane (y) You sure worked hard to make this list! lol

Diane
07-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks Marija, but I'm not sure I'm right yet and the last one I was really hesitant about. It took me 20/25 minutes and I know Leroy could have found them all in a lot less time.

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-23-2007, 05:00 PM

How did I do? Diane

100% right Diane.... well done (y)

Diane
07-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Wow Matt I'm surprised I got them all! Thank you, I've always enjoyed that kind of puzzle. I'll be after any others that you may decide to post - thanks again, it was fun.

Diane

SweetCaroline
07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Congrats, Diane. :notworthy

Memory
07-24-2007, 03:10 AM
I think the red one is a fake.Very good idea,thank you.

SeeSeeRider777
07-24-2007, 08:39 AM
The only red suit was the burning love suit. So the red is fake.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-25-2007, 11:09 AM
The only red suit was the burning love suit. So the red is fake.

As far as we know............??!! :hmm:

Diane
07-25-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes JJ, could be another red one hidden away somewhere....:D

Isn't the Burning Love suit also called the Red Matador? It has the same design as the black one....maybe I'd better go check.:P

Diane

Leroy
07-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Almost correct Diane, original the three designs (red, white and black) are called "Pinwheel Suits". But because Elvis looked like a matador in the black version with red lined cape, the fans started to refer to this suit as the "Black Matador".

They started to name the white version "Red (!) Lion" , because of the belt buckle.

The fans named the red one "Burning Love" because a picture of Elvis in this suit was on the sleeve of the single "Burning Love".

But originally "Pinwheel" is the correct name.

Diane
07-25-2007, 12:10 PM
Thank you Leroy for correct name of the three suits. I learned all the names of the suits from Sylvester's Elvis Page a couple of years ago when I started putting together photo albums of Elvis.....in catagories: Jumpsuits, front back and with cape, early Elvis - candids and on stage, 60's, 70's, wedding, girlfriends, friends, with celebrities, homes, cars etc. I'm never going to get to the end of these.:'(

I do realize now that the suits names on that site were mostly fan names and not the designer names. I will have to make another list and check your site thoroughly and mark the correct names besides the ones I have.

Diane

Leroy
07-25-2007, 02:48 PM
If you wish I can provide you with a list of proper names. I also composed a tour list where you can see what he wore at what concert, which guitar he used, which microphone and in some cases even the pieces of jewelry.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Real or Fake?

Tommy
07-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Fake:lol:(y)

Holly
07-25-2007, 03:13 PM
yap, that's a fake one :P(y)

Holly :sun::king:

Diane
07-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Thank you Leroy, if it's not too much trouble I would love a jumpsuit and tour list. Then hopefully I can re-arrange my albums in the proper order.

Diane

Diane
07-25-2007, 03:19 PM
Yes this last photo of Elvis in the blue jumpsuit is fake. He didn't have a blue "Pinwheel" suit (that we know of :D).

Diane

Leroy
07-25-2007, 03:34 PM
You are right about the picture, but.... Elvis did have a "Blue Pinwheel Suit". Although the material that has been used is different. And.... it's not sure if Elvis ever wore the suit.

Matt I do hope you don't mind me giving bits and pieces of info in between your excellent trivia show?????

Diane, right now I'm in the middle of updating the jumpsuit list with about five "new" suits. As soon as I finish that I will put up a link for you to download the list. I made it as a PDF file.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Matt I do hope you don't mind me giving bits and pieces of info in between your excellent trivia show?????

If people are learning and having fun along the way I have no problem, I want people to be able to see a Jumpsuit and be able to name it, spot a fake, spot the difference and importantly look at the detail.... If there is one thing people have too do when there are trying to spot the difference is is look very closely at the detail and this information sinks in. (y)

P.S. thank you for the e-mail regarding the Brocade Jumpsuits.

Matt

Diane
07-25-2007, 04:15 PM
I appreciate your willingness to help Leroy and thank you Matt for allowing him to post the link.

This last light blue "Pinwheel" suit is one I don't think I've ever seen before. I like it. Wonder why he never wore it or if he did, why no pictures?

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-25-2007, 04:17 PM
Real or Fake and what suit is it? 10 points for the correct name!

Leroy, I bet I find the fake photo's showing up around the net lol.

Leroy
07-25-2007, 04:23 PM
Yes, it's all in the details. I can't agree more. And... maybe this is THE way to "educate" fellow fans in looking at pictures in a different way. For some a picture is just a picture, for others a picture can tell a thousend stories. I would like to contribute. Not with an answer but this time with a question. Below you will find a picture of Elvis taken during the evening performance in the Forum of Inglewood on May 11th, 1974. Elvis is wearing the 1974 "American Eagle" in combination with the 3rd belt of the 1973 "American Eagle" (Aloha). So far everythings fit. But there is something wrong with the picture. Who can tell me what it is.........???

Leroy
07-25-2007, 04:25 PM

Oh yeah, you can wait for it to happen....:lmfao:

Leroy
07-25-2007, 04:28 PM

And I add 100 points and a pat on the back for giving a wonderful anecdote about this suit. Something very stange happened with it...:blink:

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Below you will find a picture of Elvis taken during the evening performance in the Forum of Inglewood on May 11th, 1974. Elvis is wearing the 1974 "American Eagle" in combination with the 3rd belt of the 1973 "American Eagle" (Aloha). So far everythings fit. But there is something wrong with the picture. Who can tell me what it is.........???

The kick pleat looks a bit strange....... i will have another look tomorrow and see if there are other differences.

Tommy
07-25-2007, 05:12 PM

Royal Blue Fireworks (aka) Owl Jumpsuit (1972)

Tommy
07-25-2007, 05:13 PM
Yes, Matt by tomorrow the fakes will be out there:lol:(y) I actually like the red!

Diane
07-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Tommy is right, it's the blue Owl suit.

The only thing I could find that might be wrong with the American Eagle suit is the belt. I don't think it's the original. It may be the Aloha Eagle belt?

Diane

Leroy
07-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Matt: It's not the kick pleat.

Diane: You're right, the belt isn't original but it was Elvis' choice to wear it. So that's not what I meant...... Continue searching......

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-26-2007, 03:04 AM
Morning Leroy, having had a nice cup of tea and some toast I have had a look at the American Eagle again and think it is the Microphone? it doesn't look like AKG D-224 E that Elvis was using around that time?

I have uploaded two pictures that have come from what looks like the same date? The sideburns look a little different, as if the face has been added from another photo? or it could just be that the angle is a little different!

Leroy
07-26-2007, 04:10 AM
Put some more sugar in the tea Matt! It will help you think a little harder. It's not the microphone! Both pictures you have posted are indeed from the same date. And you are getting warmer; you have to concentrate on the face........

It also might help if you remember where this picture came from.......

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-26-2007, 05:26 AM
Put some more sugar in the tea Matt! It will help you think a little harder. It's not the microphone! Both pictures you have posted are indeed from the same date. And you are getting warmer; you have to concentrate on the face........

It also might help if you remember where this picture came from.......

It has come from a Album cover and they have altered the hair and perhaps got rid of some wrinkles, airbrushed, got rid of some chin area etc..... getting warmer?

Leroy
07-26-2007, 06:15 AM
Got rid of the chin. That's it!!! (y)

Diane
07-26-2007, 07:05 AM
Thanks for explaining the belt Leroy.:)

Congratulations Matt, I would have concentrated on the jumpsuit forever and never suspected air brushing.:blink:

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-26-2007, 07:28 AM
Got rid of the chin. That's it!!! (y)

Go there eventually :blush:

Thanks for explaining the belt Leroy.:)

Congratulations Matt, I would have concentrated on the jumpsuit forever and never suspected air brushing.:blink:

Diane

It's more difficult when someone else asks you to find the difference :lol:

Diane
07-26-2007, 08:33 AM
Yes it is Matt, but I'm learning and I'm having fun.:)(y)

Diane

Leroy
07-26-2007, 09:23 AM
Okay, then let's pull another one. Again, what's wrong with this pic?
Matt, I suspect you will know so let's give the others a head start.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Okay, then let's pull another one. Again, what's wrong with this pic?
Matt, I suspect you will know so let's give the others a head start.

Ah yes, I know what is wrong, I will take cash bribes :P

Diane
07-26-2007, 10:29 AM
The fringes off the left arm are straight as opposed to the ones on the other arm.

Anything else?

Diane

Leroy
07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Go on................!
Temperature is rising :hmm:

Diane
07-26-2007, 12:12 PM
All right, first of all this one is really tough as I have all my albums packed away so had no fast access to the original photo. I finally found it in the 70's gallery on this site (do you know there are 88 pages in there?). Anyway I lucked out on page 52 but my ink cartridges are running out so still have no clear picture of the original.:'(

I did find a couple of strands of the fringe on the right hand side of Elvis' chest that are slightly turned but are straight on the original photo.

The rest I will leave up to someone else to figure out on this one.:P

Diane

Leroy
07-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Okay Diane, I'll give it to you. The fringes are fake. If you look at his left hand you can see it's a mirror image of the right hand. The fringes are added by computer by nobody less that Sean Shaver. This way he could fool people into "new" material.

Diane
07-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Ahh, now I understand why Silvester took that particular jumpsuit out of his list and photos and you don't have it in your jumpsuit gallery!
I'm assuming that these arm fringes were added to a picture of the short fringe jumpsuit then and deleted the beads? Well in any case, that one has to come out of my album - no such suit!

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-29-2007, 03:28 AM
Which one is the fake?

Marlena
07-29-2007, 03:45 AM
RED Rainbow suit is fake

Leroy
07-29-2007, 03:49 AM
I know the answer Matt, but I will keep it up my sleeve for a while. Let's first give the fellow members a chance. But I have to say, nice work....

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-29-2007, 07:46 AM
I know the answer Matt, but I will keep it up my sleeve for a while. Let's first give the fellow members a chance. But I have to say, nice work....

Thank you, i will put some more pictures up soon :)

Diane
07-29-2007, 08:48 AM
The one on the left is the fake. His glasses weren't tinted grey. That was a great job Matt!(y)

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-29-2007, 11:13 PM
You are correct Diane, the picture on the left is the fake! :lol:

Diane
07-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Wooohooo Matt thanks, that was an easy one - can't you get tougher? :D

Diane

Leroy
07-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Okay, Maybe this one is a toughy.....
As you can see it's the sleeve of the "Harum Scarum" album. But there is something wrong with it.......

Diane
07-30-2007, 03:54 PM
This one is a toughy Leroy and will take some time. In the meantime, I wish someone would provide a little competition.......anyone?:blink:

Diane

I've gone over and over this picture Leroy and so far all I've been able to see is that your copy of the picture is lighter, clearer and sharper than any original I've been able to find. Will try again in the morning when I'm fresher.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-30-2007, 11:13 PM
This look better this way?

Leroy
07-30-2007, 11:42 PM
That was it. RCA put the picture on the album the wrong way.

Marlena
07-31-2007, 12:21 AM
Yes Diane, his glasses weren't tinted grey

Diane
07-31-2007, 07:49 AM
Ohhhhh how dare they! :D I would never have guessed that. Thanks for letting me off the hook.:lol:

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-31-2007, 01:22 PM
Here is a nice photo uploaded by Tommy, there are approx 15 differences!! happy Hunting (y)

Leroy
07-31-2007, 02:36 PM
This is a tough one Matt. So far I have spotted 6 of them.

Jumpsuit Junkie
07-31-2007, 03:06 PM
This is a tough one Matt. So far I have spotted 6 of them.

I wanted to make this one a little harder, I'm sure your keen eye's will find them all lol :)

I hope that you are going to give it a shot Diane (y)

Diane
07-31-2007, 04:26 PM
Yes Matt, good one!(y) I'll do my best but against Leroy?......:blink:

Diane :lol:

Diane
08-01-2007, 08:43 AM
I didn't get a chance to take a good look at the two last pictures you posted until this morning Matt and have found 4 differences so far.....still looking.

Diane

I'm up to eight now, Leroy how are you doing?

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Let me know when you want me to highlight the answers.Matt

Diane
08-01-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm ready Matt, I'm not getting any further with this one.

Diane

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-02-2007, 01:34 AM
There were 12 differences, have a look (y)

Leroy
08-02-2007, 01:44 AM
I only found eight. :'(

Jumpsuit Junkie
08-02-2007, 02:45 AM
I only found eight. :'(

That's quite good considering some of them were very hard (y)

Diane
08-02-2007, 07:22 AM
Well I'm just very pleased that I found as many as you did Leroy.:D That was a good one Matt.

Diane

Diane
08-02-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm listing the ones I found. Maybe we found each other's missing one's Leroy:D

On guitarist in background:

l. Bottom pic - collar over guitar strap
2. Pipping on front of shirt in bottom pic is curved

On guitar:
3. Bottom pic - plate holding strings has extra button
4. Missing one string tightening button in top pic on guitar arm
5. Dots on guitar arm different

6. Two blue dots on bottom pic on (something) bottom of page rgt of Elvis
7. Extra line on Elvis lft collar in bottom pic
8. Extra piece of design on Elvis rgt leg

Diane

Erhan
04-19-2008, 01:51 PM
am I ok ?
can you notice my trick ?

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-19-2008, 02:51 PM
Real or fake?

rickb
04-19-2008, 07:47 PM
you guys are very clever with your art work
thanks
rick

Holly
04-20-2008, 02:06 AM
Real or fake?

:hmm:...it's a fake...cos if I remember corectly he didn't have a blue scarf on Aloha :D

Sheila
04-20-2008, 07:14 PM
you know I don't like :cursing: impersonators but this was just fun:P for when I just start to learn Photoshop 10 years ago:lol:

Photo B is a fake. Sheila

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-28-2008, 02:43 AM
Any thoughts.....

Leroy
04-28-2008, 02:47 AM
Yes, this picture is from Huntsville. Therefor it should be the "Red Phoenix" instead of the "Turquoise Phoenix".

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Correct. A nice easy one for the more trained eye :lol:

Unchained Melody
04-29-2008, 05:56 PM
Matt I just wanted to say you do a fantastic job changing these photo's around and colorizing them ! (y)

Tony Trout
04-30-2008, 09:09 AM
Real or fake?

:hmm:...it's a fake...cos if I remember corectly he didn't have a blue scarf on Aloha :D

It's definitely a fake pic but....he did have a blue scarf around his neck during "Love Me" in "Aloha From Hawaii".

lvs2day
05-12-2008, 09:08 AM
shaver done this many years ago in the book in focus , i loved the pic he used its one of my faves .

Leroy
05-12-2008, 09:11 AM

The picture isn't from Aloha. It's a picture taken in March 1974.

torpor97
05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Well the original belt Elvis gave to Jack Lords wife. To the American Eagle Jumpsuit.

renapap05
12-01-2008, 07:01 AM
Ofcourse the red one is the fake! It shows!:P(y):newyear:

elvispresleytheking
12-01-2008, 08:42 PM
A red version of this suit would have been great.

shelley.m.
12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
You can tell,that the red one is a fake.

Lisarose
01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
There were 12 differences, have a look (y)

wow, I got cross-eyed on this one!

Lover doll
01-06-2010, 06:16 AM
it's pretty obvious that the red one is fake ;)

scarlet_nell
02-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I would say red

charlotte*elvis*
08-18-2010, 03:53 AM
1. red is fake

IM4Elvis
11-12-2012, 09:11 AM
Came on to this thread a little bit late, bt a lot of fun looking at it. Nice job