PDA

View Full Version : Elvis lost his sex appeal??

franny
07-10-2007, 01:48 PM
This was on EIN...

Is she kidding? :lol:

franny

Elvis lost his sex appeal in the mid 1970s: Veteran actress Raquel Welch confesses to a crush on Elvis, but insists he lost his sex appeal with age. The 66-year-old, who starred alongside Presley in the 1964 movie Roustabout, recalls meeting the singer before his death in 1977 and was stunned to find him less attractive, reports New York Post's Page Six. She says, "He was more packaged. His clothes were not the same, his hair was obviously dyed now, and it was sprayed into place... It was a whitewashed, cleaned-up Elvis. They took all the sex out of him." Welch also was not a fan of Presley's famous white suit. She says, "He looked almost like Liberace." O, by the way: Welch will not be in Memphis, for Elvis Week. (News, Source: Elvis Matters)

Diane
07-10-2007, 02:02 PM
I totally disagree with Rachel :supriced:(n), Elvis was very appealing up to the very end.

Diane

Indian Feather
07-10-2007, 02:08 PM
I probarbly got too much penis to state my opinion on this subject, but i agree with you Diane.

KPM
07-10-2007, 02:09 PM
She has never had much good to say about Elvis anytime she is asked about him. She use to not acknowledge her first role was an extra in Roustabout.

Albert
07-10-2007, 02:49 PM
I can understand her..... for Elvisfans he still may have been attractive, but after the 1975 summer tours Elvis gained lots and lots of weight. And not only that, he started to look ill. Seems like the twinkel and spirit in his eyes were somewhat gone

SweetCaroline
07-10-2007, 04:04 PM
She is a ZERO(n)....Silicone must have drifted to her brain. :lol::lol::lol:

Diane
07-10-2007, 04:07 PM
He did gain the weight off and on those last two years Albert, but that beautiful smile was still there and he looked like he felt so bad at times that all I wanted to do is put my arms around him, hold and comfort him. There was still that special Elvis essence no matter how much weight he put on or how swollen he looked. He just never lost that.

Diane

Tommy
07-10-2007, 04:14 PM
Yes, Daine he never lost it, he always gave all he had to his fans, even at the end.(y)(y)

SweetCaroline
07-10-2007, 04:20 PM
He did gain the weight off and on those last two years Albert, but that beautiful smile was still there and he looked like he felt so bad at times that all I wanted to do is put my arms around him, hold and comfort him. There was still that special Elvis essence no matter how much weight he put on or how swollen he looked. He just never lost that.

Diane

Well put!!! :notworthy

presley
07-10-2007, 04:20 PM
He was sexy till the end in my eyes

Merry
07-10-2007, 04:23 PM
Oh my gosh NO! Should we (including me) even be giving these comments our attention?

Racquel Welch, come on, lol, talking about appearing false (to me) and a "princess", sorry if I offend anyone.

The amount of people who love Elvis, who say wonderful things; then there are these people, who are "another breed", who don't appear real.

I know what I prefer. A real man, who led a real life, with real life challenges and real life highlights. He didn't have the image machine behind him, like a lot do now, he didn't need it. He was just Elvis, raw Elvis with his challenges (like we all have) and his wonderful, wonderful, qualities. A man whom we all love.

Sexy......YES and still would be to me, now!

Jess

Merry
07-10-2007, 04:25 PM
I wanted to do is put my arms around him, hold and comfort him. There was still that special Elvis essence no matter how much weight he put on or how swollen he looked. He just never lost that.

Diane

He was unwell, too, I just wanted to take it all away :'(

Jess

goodelvisgirl
07-10-2007, 04:42 PM
the woman must be mad elvis was and always will be a good lookin doll no matter what wait he gained right to the end he was the king the woman is obviously deranged

Raised on Rock
07-10-2007, 05:17 PM
I can understand her..... for Elvisfans he still may have been attractive, but after the 1975 summer tours Elvis gained lots and lots of weight. And not only that, he started to look ill. Seems like the twinkel and spirit in his eyes were somewhat gone

I don?t care at all about Welch opinion, but my own is:

From a man to man point of view, he looked (some times better than others just as everybody) but as an overall thing, he looked always amazingly good, and I mean AMAZINGLY good, until the summer '75 tours, I agree with Albert on the date, but one thing are the good looks and other the charisma.

It was just not his good looks but some kind of inner power that made of him someone with a very strong presence, as a femeale you might catch that as sexual atraction, as a guy you might catch that as being in front of mmm... "the alfa male" lol.

After mid '75 he lost much of the good looks due to his health, but even in his sickness and most depresive moods, his staying power and charisma was still with him, and I guess thas why many women still find him most atractive in his very last days. Guess Welch is the kind of woman than judges a man just for the colthes body and haircut you got.

Until the end he was still that very special, talented and strong human being, having a bad time, yes and well, nobody looks that great when ill and living though hard circumstances, but he never lost himself as many many other big stars and powerful people, and himself was this very charismatic guy, now for smart women, charimsa is sex appeal.

franny
07-10-2007, 05:39 PM
I think he still had that sex appeal, even after gaining weight, because he always had charisma that "something" special that came from inside!

It's true the twinkle in his eyes were gone, but that's because he had disappointments in his life and couldn't count on a lot of people...:'(

franny

goodelvisgirl
07-10-2007, 06:05 PM
I think he still had that sex appeal, even after gaining weight, because he always had charisma that "something" special that came from inside!

It's true the twinkle in his eyes were gone, but that's because he had disappointments in his life and couldn't count on a lot of people...:'(

franny

yes i think you'r right there when you saw elvis in later years you wanted to reach out to him and give him the love and care he needed

SweetCaroline
07-10-2007, 08:19 PM
I don?t care at all about Welch opinion, but my own is:

From a man to man point of view, he looked (some times better than others just as everybody) but as an overall thing, he looked always amazingly good, and I mean AMAZINGLY good, until the summer '75 tours, I agree with Albert on the date, but one thing are the good looks and other the charisma.

It was just not his good looks but some kind of inner power that made of him someone with a very strong presence, as a femeale you might catch that as sexual atraction, as a guy you might catch that as being in front of mmm... "the alfa male" lol.

After mid '75 he lost much of the good looks due to his health, but even in his sickness and most depresive moods, his staying power and charisma was still with him, and I guess thas why many women still find him most atractive in his very last days. Guess Welch is the kind of woman than judges a man just for the colthes body and haircut you got.

Until the end he was still that very special, talented and strong human being, having a bad time, yes and well, nobody looks that great when ill and living though hard circumstances, but he never lost himself as many many other big stars and powerful people, and himself was this very charismatic guy, now for smart women, charimsa is sex appeal.

Great post. :notworthy Thanks for taking time to type out your post. I enjoyed reading your take on things.

I never had much respect for Raquel Welch. I have even less now. :angry: I think it is totally classless to speak so cruelly of someone not here to defend themself. Raquel is a has-been trying to regain some momentum by throwing the ELVIS name around. It never ceases to amaze me how USERS find a way to use the name ELVIS to their benefit one way or another. (n)

sweetelvis
07-10-2007, 10:46 PM
I think he was still sexy to the end.His voice was still the same and that beautiful smile. What Welch thought really doen't matter.I agree users always find a way.

Joe Car
07-11-2007, 01:23 AM
Great post. :notworthy Thanks for taking time to type out your post. I enjoyed reading your take on things.

I never had much respect for Raquel Welch. I have even less now. :angry: I think it is totally classless to speak so cruelly of someone not here to defend themself. Raquel is a has-been trying to regain some momentum by throwing the ELVIS name around. It never ceases to amaze me how USERS find a way to use the name ELVIS to their benefit one way or another. (n)

Out of respect, she shouldn't have said what she did. I agree with everything you said. It always amazes me how fading "stars" throw EP's name around, to make some "noise." Given that Raquel Welch never had an ounce of talent and relied strickly on her looks, she better do some more publicity work.

elvis himselvis
07-11-2007, 02:53 AM
people,

let's be honest,but after 1975,Elvis didn't looked well...sometimes he did for a while,but most of those 2 years he didn't looked OK...he changed alot.I can understand why she said this... he didn't looked the same as the Elvis we all know.
But still I liked him,and as Tommy said he gave everything to his fans right to the end.

marijaep
07-11-2007, 03:09 AM
people,

let's be honest,but after 1975,Elvis didn't looked well...sometimes he did for a while,but most of those 2 years he didn't looked OK...he changed alot.I can understand why she said this... he didn't looked the same as the Elvis we all know.
But still I liked him,and as Tommy said he gave everything to his fans right to the end.

Hey Dave:D,
We all know he gained some weight in the late 70s but that doesn't mean that he wasn't sexy. He wasn't as slim as he was in 1970 or in the 60s and 50s, but still he had that smile and way of performing and that made him sexy. :clap:
I totally disagree with Raquel Welch(n)

Burning_Love
07-11-2007, 06:32 AM

:lmfao::lmfao:Made Me Laugh !! Very TRUE !! (y)(y):D
:king:

moondust
07-11-2007, 07:20 AM
that's a hard one for us fans ... because we love Elvis so much we can't stand people talking about him in a negative way ...
but to be honest I also think Elvis lost pretty much of his sex appeal after 1974 ... due to his multiple health problems resulting from his longterm pill dependency he just didn't look like he used to ... he looked so exhausted and sick sometimes and that makes me feel less drawn to him as a woman in a sexual way ... not at all in a human way though ... sometimes I get so sad from seeing him on some of the pictures or live footage ... but one also has to admit that he never lost that spark ... especially when he was smiling ...

elvis himselvis
07-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Hey Dave:D,
We all know he gained some weight in the late 70s but that doesn't mean that he wasn't sexy. He wasn't as slim as he was in 1970 or in the 60s and 50s, but still he had that smile and way of performing and that made him sexy. :clap:
I totally disagree with Raquel Welch(n)

hey Marija

yes that's true,but i think he wasn't as sexy as he was those years before...that was my statement.
Nice talking to you;):clap:

goodelvisgirl
07-11-2007, 09:12 AM

lmao this was great well said i totally agree

marce_itec70
07-11-2007, 01:03 PM
For me Mr. Elvis Presley always sexy, sexy, sexy and is in the heaven

rachel welch is diabolic and mad and :censored:.

sweetelf9
07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
I have to say.
From begin to end.
he was the HOTEST guy ever.

He always looked good to me.
Not a day he dint look good.

even if he wanted to.
He coldn't look bad.

sweetelf9
07-11-2007, 01:20 PM
he never lost anything!!!

marce_itec70
07-11-2007, 01:36 PM
I agree with you sweetelf9 Junior Member in all. I wait with hope that all Elvis Presley fans at least in America to demand these guys (like the mad welch)that want to get some very lost fame on Elvis Presley.
The beauty of Elvis Presley do not have age like the classical Greek features. And is with God.

TLC67
07-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I think Elvis would have been more concerned about his "music appeal" than his "sex appeal" in his latter years. Not that was lacking in either area.
As you age you tend not to be so focused on that. Some people's minds (Ms. Welch for one) are just on the wrong track. I mean..age gracefully, okay?
Yes, he was EXTREMELY hot and sexy from '68 -'71. But weren't alot of us better looking and thinner when we were in our prime???
However, it does take more than just a body shape to create sex appeal; at least in my opinion. And Elvis ALWAYS had it and never lost it!

Diane
07-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Elvis had a whole lot more going for him than just sex appeal. He was a special person in many ways from the day he was born to the day he died.

Diane

Merry
07-11-2007, 05:49 PM
Elvis had a whole lot more going for him than just sex appeal. He was a special person in many ways

Diane

Well said, Diane. There is more than one facet to a person, lol, well the people I like to know anyway, lol

Jess

goodelvisgirl
07-11-2007, 06:44 PM
just to say elvis was not my type but he had something i dontk now what but you just loved the man it was a confidence a charisma a presence thats the only way i can put it he just had something no matter when you saw him he burns through the photos and the screen right to you what can i say he was elvis presley for only sake

edbdmiddy
07-12-2007, 03:53 PM
That has got to be the dumbness question I have ever read.. he never lost a thing.

poormansgold
07-12-2007, 04:18 PM
No one is right on this, because what we read or hear we what be right or wrong.
To me the pass is over and done with, we can't change things that happened , we can talk about this next 20 years from now
and what Welch say is her feelings that time, she was in love with him.

He always sexy to us in Elvis world.

Tom

rickb
09-27-2007, 08:48 PM
i think the December 75 Vegas season was the first time the weight gain became way too much and started impacting on his looks

marina
09-27-2007, 10:45 PM
That "thing" Elvis had you can never lose....

Micky
09-27-2007, 11:53 PM
i think the December 75 Vegas season was the first time the weight gain became way too much and started impacting on his looks

He had the eyelift in 75 I think, I think that also attributed to his different look the following years.

ricardo b. prospero
09-28-2007, 01:06 AM
Let us take that remark with open mind and unbiased posture. We love and respect Elvis but we should never let our emotion cast doubts on the real truth. Perhaps, what Raquel meant was Elvis significant changes in appearance because of his age and damaging effect of drugs. He was bloated and look worn-out and that is something even Elvis can hide. I am pretty sure Elvis was very much aware of his physical deterioration and even joked about it. Truth is sometimes bitter than the sweet glory of lies.

elvislady
09-28-2007, 01:16 AM
I am in agreement with everyone on this, welch saw him in1964 and he had buckets of sex appeal to her then, but if she had not seen him since then until 1977 i can see waht she means. there was a special some thing about him that no one can take away and everyone who has meet him will say this.
elvislady:D

elvisgal824
09-28-2007, 01:36 AM
I don't understand why Raquel even felt the need to comment on this subject in the first place. Elvis is gone; let him rest in peace. I think people should have a little more empathy for a man who was a special as he was. It always hurts my feelings a little when people focus on those last couple of years instead of remembering how amazing he really was. I agree that he always had that special something that never left him no matter how depressed or sick he got. It doesn’t seem to me that she still has all of the sex appeal that she once had either.

marijaep
09-28-2007, 02:15 AM
Those who say that...don't know what are they talking about :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:
He was, is and always will be the sexiest :clap:(y)

Rover
09-28-2007, 02:35 AM
Through his whole career he seemed great to me...But great, not "sexy" or anything. Am I the only girl who loves his music, his voice, who thinks he's very cool, but who is not attracted to him?? I feel lonely right now :P

marijaep
09-28-2007, 02:42 AM
Through his whole career he seemed great to me...But great, not "sexy" or anything. Am I the only girl who loves his music, his voice, who thinks he's very cool, but who is not attracted to him?? I feel lonely right now :P

No, of course not.
When I first started liking Elvis it was because of the music.
But yet, he was, is and will be the best looking man on the planet for me:D

Rover
09-28-2007, 02:54 AM
Ok...so, according to you, if I keep on hanging around here, reading threads about Elvis' cheeks and listen to his music all day long, I'll end up a terminal Elvis nut? :)
Cool!

marijaep
09-28-2007, 03:12 AM
Ok...so, according to you, if I keep on hanging around here, reading threads about Elvis' cheeks and listen to his music all day long, I'll end up a terminal Elvis nut? :)
Cool!

Ehm well......
Something like that :D:lmfao:
Elvis' cheeks rock!!!! :lmfao:

Burning_Love
09-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Cool!

:lol: It's fun being an Elvis nut :lmfao::laughing:

LORRIELOVESELVIS
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
OH NO..... IT SOUNDS LIKE MS THANG :D. IS JUST A {TAD} UPSET. MAYBE SHE JUST COULD NOT ROCK ELVIS WORLD!!;)(y).....LOL ALL:hug:LORRIE

ms_epblvd
10-01-2007, 12:24 PM
I am the first person to say Elvis was the sexiest man I ever saw in my life. HOWEVER, take the fan out of me, and look at Elvis in 1977. You can call him handsome, and sweet and good looking but he was NOT sexy. Sexy is an attitude as well as looks. Elvis didnt look sexy so he didnt feel sexy. He was uncomfortable with his appearance. For someone who was SOOOOOOO sexy their whole career he was not sexy in 1977. And by the way, neither is Rachell anymore either.

franny
10-01-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't understand why Raquel even felt the need to comment on this subject in the first place. Elvis is gone; let him rest in peace. I think people should have a little more empathy for a man who was a special as he was. It always hurts my feelings a little when people focus on those last couple of years instead of remembering how amazing he really was. I agree that he always had that special something that never left him no matter how depressed or sick he got. It doesn?t seem to me that she still has all of the sex appeal that she once had either.

This is what I can't understand?? Why did Raquel feel the need to comment? :hmm:

franny

LianaKaralivanou
10-02-2007, 11:45 AM
I think that Raquel has always been jealous of Elvis's huge career. Something that, in my opinion of course, will NEVER reach.

Wendy56
10-02-2007, 11:04 PM
Never! Elvis was beautiful inside and outside... Along his life! Since he was a baby, till the last day of his physical life. :wub: