PDA

View Full Version : That`s Allright Mama Instead of See See rider

toffe
07-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I just founded a cool sound clip on youtube from a concert may 03 1977 from Saginaw where Elvis starts the show with That`s allright mama, totaly out of the plans, it should be See See rider, but here Elvis start with that`s al right.

Enjoy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_h6DtJmvsY

U.S. Male
07-05-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes Toffe...he switched "C.C. Rider" with "That's Alright" for this show for some reason...maybe because it was the final show on the tour and he was in an extra good mood?

Immediately after this song, he even did a short version of "Trouble" as well.

Albert
07-05-2007, 03:30 PM
Man, and what a long entrance that was. Probably walked around the stage quite some time, greeting fans. A sign that it would be a kickass show :D

I prefer See See Rider though ;)

toffe
07-05-2007, 10:03 PM
Yes Toffe...he switched "C.C. Rider" with "That's Alright" for this show for some reason...maybe because it was the final show on the tour and he was in an extra good mood?

Immediately after this song, he even did a short version of "Trouble" as well.

Maybe :hmm:

Menwithbrokenhearts
07-06-2007, 12:33 AM
I like "THat's Alright" as a starter. It's where he began and it seems fitting somehow. Even though I relate "CC Rider" to Elvis, every time I hear it I can't get that Joe Namath film of the same name out of my head! When I hear "That's Allright Mama" I see only Elvis.

elvis himselvis
07-06-2007, 05:59 AM
I like both songs as Opening Song...but it hink he should have done,as the years went by,a other opening song.a new song...what are your thoughts about this idea?

Lonniebealestreet
07-07-2007, 07:00 PM
When I first heard that show, knowing that the See See Rider opening was a surprise to the band and that following it up with Trouble (while it lasted) was an even bigger one, I thought it must have been quite the downer to them when he went back to the usual routine...as it was for me.