PDA

View Full Version : Is Ginger writing a book?

meg
06-18-2007, 04:27 AM
RECENTLY IN TOUCH with Ginger Alden, who will appear in our "Where Are They Now?" feature in EW85 (complete with today photo in color) . . . and in that feature Ginger will address the reports she is writing a book.

Bill Burk

http://groups.google.com/group/ELVIS-PRESLEY-FAN-CLUB/browse_thread/thread/aaaea7f8daa59c1d/adca4a57a86baf0d?lnk=gst&q=books&rnum=1&hl=de#adca4a57a86baf0d

Dovey
06-18-2007, 04:55 AM
She will not have to worry about cashing in on my $$$$$$$!!!!! Dovey ;) :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Diane
06-18-2007, 06:22 AM
I won't be the least bit interested in her book.

Diane

EP75
06-18-2007, 10:32 AM
Now this is one woman (if you can even call her that) who I do not buy a word out of her mouth. She was the least loyal out of all of his girlfriends and lovers. She didn't want to support him and pitched a fit the night he passed that she didn't want to go on tour with him. To hell with what Ginger (sleeps around) Alden has to say.:angry:

presley
06-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Some fans might want to hear what ginger has to say about her time with elvis,

meg
06-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Now this is one woman (if you can even call her that) who I do not buy a word out of her mouth. She was the least loyal out of all of his girlfriends and lovers. She didn't want to support him and pitched a fit the night he passed that she didn't want to go on tour with him. To hell with what Ginger (sleeps around) Alden has to say.:angry:

Do you believe what Dick Grob told in his book?

EP75
06-18-2007, 11:01 AM
Do you believe what Dick Grob told in his book?

I never read it because all those people are are leaches and backstabbers who have made a living off of EP's name and rewrote history.:angry: (n)

Now if Myrna Smith or The Sweet Inspirations wrote a book about EP, then that is different. They were already musicians and quite popular to urban America before they started singing with EP. Linda was a well known beauty queen who was 3rd runner up to Miss America and has written many Grammy award winning songs in the past decade. So those are the ones who actually had a life before and after EP and didn't have to live off of his name to do it. That cannot be said for the mafia like Lacker, both Sonny and Red, and Dick. Esposito was his road manager and later managed Michael Jackson and other acts. Klein was a well known Memphis DJ who had offers to leave Memphis for NY but declined. Schilling was a football star before a knee injury ended his dreams of playing pro football and later managed and operated his own management agency. His brother owned his own car lot which I understand is still in operation in Memphis today. Those are the ones with lives that were members of the mafia who didn't stab in him the back. Those are thew ones I believe what they say, well most of the times.

elvis himselvis
06-18-2007, 11:16 AM
Why do you all don't like Ginger...I think she hasn't done anything wrong...

desiree
06-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Why do you all don't like Ginger...I think she hasn't done anything wrong...
That question crossed my mind too. Maybe I've missed another "truthful" fact about her, but I'm sure we'll soon get a hint:P

King_Creole
06-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I never read it because all those people are are leaches and backstabbers who have made a living off of EP's name and rewrote history

In actuality, If you carefully go back and read all of your posts, you will find an incredible irony about the statement you just made ...

Now if Myrna Smith or The Sweet Inspirations wrote a book about EP, then that is different.

More irony ... :blush:

EP75
06-18-2007, 10:22 PM
In actuality, If you carefully go back and read all of your posts, you will find an incredible irony about the statement you just made ...

More irony ... :blush:

Once again the troll is back.:mad:

King_Creole
06-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Once again you backpeddle your way out of the issue at hand, cannot proceed with a civil and intelligent debate and caught with your knickers down ...

Typical ...

Merry
06-19-2007, 12:22 AM
Now if Myrna Smith or The Sweet Inspirations wrote a book about EP, then that is different. They were already musicians and quite popular to urban America before they started singing with EP. Linda was a well known beauty queen who was 3rd runner up to Miss America and has written many Grammy award winning songs in the past decade. So those are the ones who actually had a life before and after EP and didn't have to live off of his name to do it. That cannot be said for the mafia like Lacker, both Sonny and Red, and Dick. Esposito was his road manager and later managed Michael Jackson and other acts. Klein was a well known Memphis DJ who had offers to leave Memphis for NY but declined. Schilling was a football star before a knee injury ended his dreams of playing pro football and later managed and operated his own management agency. His brother owned his own car lot which I understand is still in operation in Memphis today. Those are the ones with lives that were members of the mafia who didn't stab in him the back. Those are thew ones I believe what they say, well most of the times.

I agree with you, well thought out, I wrote something similar in another thread, then read this, lol.

Jess

Wild_In_The_Country
06-19-2007, 12:50 AM
Are there any recent photos of Ginger?

pacer 1966
06-19-2007, 05:30 AM
Ive always thought Ginger to be one of the most decent of all Elvis' girlfriends in that she has never cashed in on her memories. She never appears on TV etc trying to keep hersef in the spotlight and for that she has my respect.

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Ive always thought Ginger to be one of the most decent of all Elvis' girlfriends in that she has never cashed in on her memories. She never appears on TV etc trying to keep hersef in the spotlight and for that she has my respect.

She may not have cashed in since Elvis' death but she sure put the pressure on shortly after Elvis died by claiming Elvis promised all kinds of work to be done for the Alden's? Not 100% sure about the story as it was so long ago I read about it but I am sure she went to court and questioned Elvis' will?? I am sure there are people out there who will know the whole story, Jak or 03 :hmm:

meg
06-20-2007, 01:31 AM
She may not have cashed in since Elvis' death but she sure put the pressure on shortly after Elvis died by claiming Elvis promised all kinds of work to be done for the Alden's? Not 100% sure about the story as it was so long ago I read about it but I am sure she went to court and questioned Elvis' will?? I am sure there are people out there who will know the whole story, Jak or 03 :hmm:

Yes her mother did:doh:

jak
06-20-2007, 03:08 AM

It was Ginger's family that was somewhat shady.Like Meg said it was her mother who pushed the issue.I believe it centered around a home that Elvis allegedly was going to pay for.Ginger has remained fairly quiet all these years.
Jak

stefankoch
06-20-2007, 04:06 AM
This is how she looked a few years ago.

I dont really think that there was anything wrong with her exept that she was a little insecure girl who was in the hand of a very controled family.

But the fact that she is going to write a book now after so long time seems to me like she need the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (n)

Jumpsuit Junkie
06-20-2007, 04:18 AM
Yes her mother did:doh:

It was Ginger's family that was somewhat shady.Like Meg said it was her mother who pushed the issue.I believe it centered around a home that Elvis allegedly was going to pay for.Ginger has remained fairly quiet all these years.
Jak

Thank you both for the update (y)

I kind of feel sorry for Ginger.... Elvis was way past his best and to be honest she was just a young girl who would of been star struck in the first instance.... the reality however, Elvis' lifestyle at this point would have probably been a disappointment??

Elvis' life was pretty dark in those days and Ginger has all but been blamed for Elvis' demise on Aug 16th, I don't think she is completely innocent in that she was very probably a gold digger, but she certainly seems to be blamed for more than she deserves considering Elvis' lifestyle.

Ask yourself this question..... "Do you think Elvis would have listened to Gingers advice on his lifestyle?"

It seems to me that all Elvis' girlfriends and his ex wife get a good kicking from the fans :hmm:

jak
06-20-2007, 04:41 AM
"It seems to me that all Elvis' girlfriends and his ex wife get a good kicking from the fans "

That's an understatement!
I have no problem with Ginger.She was in over her head.You are correct in stating that Elvis' life was dark at that point.Her family were fortune hunters but I dont think she was that bad.You gotta think that many a young girl would have been swept off her feet by Elvis.Even at that dark time in his life.She was just to young.Elvis needed more of a nurse and confidant at that point and she just didnt fill those roles in my opinion.Looking back I dont think the outcome of aug 16 would have been different no matter who was there.Maybe delayed?I just dont think any of his girlfriends or anybody else for that matter was going to save Elvis.He seemed almost determined to self destruct.
Jak

SweetCaroline
06-20-2007, 08:08 PM
To say something positive....
I think all ELVIS' ladies were lovely looking. (y)

Personally, I wish none of them would write books. (n)
I would have more respect for them for respecting the privacy of the relationship.... and the man.