PDA

View Full Version : Month Long TV Tribute to Elvis

Fleetfoot
06-05-2007, 12:53 AM
"ELVIS MONTH August 1-August 31, 2007

It was thirty years ago this August that the world said goodbye to one of the greatest entertainers and cultural icons of all time -- Elvis Presley. In a monumental tribute, TV Land will showcase a number of Presley's treasured work by airing films, concerts, documentaries and interstitial programming starring and about the "King of Rock 'n' Roll" every day throughout the month.

TV Land will air the following: -- Concert Weekends -- Performance specials such as Elvis: '68 Comeback Special, Aloha From Hawaii, Elvis: the Great Performances and Ed Sullivan's Rock 'N' Roll Classics: Elvis Presley. -- Documentaries and Made-for-TV Movies -- Elvis By the Presleys, Elvis and Me, Elvis On Tour and Elvis: His Best Friend Remembers. -- Feature Movies -- Love Me Tender; Wild in the Country; Easy Come, Easy Go; Fun in Acapulco; Paradise Hawaiian Style; Roustabout; Girl Happy; Live a Little, Love a Little and Speedway. -- A TV Land Original Special -- Myths and Legends: Elvis - show description above. ACQUISITIONS Extreme Makeover: Home Edition August 7, 11 p.m. ET/PT, every Tuesday". Story on:

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/news_press_release,116533.shtml

pacer 1966
06-05-2007, 03:30 AM
I wont be long Im just popping down the shops to buy a load of DVDR's......:lol: :lol: :lol:

toffe
06-05-2007, 06:42 AM
.....:blush:

Fleetfoot
06-05-2007, 07:18 AM
I wont be long Im just popping down the shops to buy a load of DVDR's......:lol: :lol: :lol:

You wouldn't.........would you? :)

What an opportunity!

Burning_Love
06-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Oh My..Thats A Non-Missable Month !!!! :king:

pacer 1966
06-06-2007, 02:41 AM
You wouldn't.........would you? :)

What an opportunity!

I might if I knew what TV Land was....:lol: :lol:
Ive never heard of it..is it an American channel?

KPM
06-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Yes TV Land is a retro TV channel which airs old series from the 50s 60s 70s and 80s like "Andy Griffith", "I Love Lucy," "Bonanza", etc. It is somewhat like Golden Oldies Radio. Its very popular.