PDA

View Full Version : MTV Cribbs - the Graceland edition?

Albert
05-28-2007, 11:41 AM
I like to watch MTV and VH1 now and then. And especially the non-music programs like MTV Cribbs and Pimp My Ride.

It wonders me how all these rappers and rockstars are dying to get MTV in their house, showing off there stuff.

If you start thinking about it, Elvis loved pimping (customizing) his cars, he loved gadget, dressed himself like a metrosexual (no, it wasn't invented by that soccerplayer David Beckham) and he loved the blingbling (jewelry).

I read on a blog "Let's remind people how amazing Elvis really was. As Michael Madsen says, "He was probably more famous than anybody who's ever been famous." Today, lots of young people don't remember". It's sad, but true. Elvis' music is banned to the easy-listening radiostations and his movies to TNT, MGM Classics and Sunday mornings.

I think EPE/BMG should realise that you can't draw a bigger crowd for Elvis with doing the same trick by releasing the same songs, the same compilations with new generic artwork. The ALLC and Rubberneckin' remixes worked (something EPE/BMG had nothing to do with), and also crossover projects like Celine Dion singing with Elvis work.

So how about a MTV Cribbs, the Graceland edition? Everything's already there: the cars, the jewelry, the clothes, the planes, the racketbalcourt, etc. And have it presented by Lisa Marie (no Pris, we don't want you in it, 'cause you'd scare away the crowd). I can already see it happening, it is sooo easy and EPE could do it without the need of BMG or the moviecompanies.

So what you'd think: will this be a winner?

Holly
05-28-2007, 12:00 PM
I think that would be BRILLIANT !!! :D:D

Tommy
05-28-2007, 12:08 PM
I like it Albert!(y)

toffe
05-28-2007, 12:11 PM
That`s a good idea :blush:

rebby
05-28-2007, 01:11 PM
wooooo!!!!!!!!! I would deffinately watch that one!

Diane
05-28-2007, 03:09 PM
So would I! (y) (y) (y)

Diane

Miss Clawdy
05-28-2007, 03:40 PM
This would be great(y)
I found an interesting article concerning Elvis' homes

http://www.memphisflyer.com/gyrobase/Content?oid=oid%3A9902

memphisbelle
05-28-2007, 03:50 PM
I love MTV Cribs, I think it's surprising they've never had a Graceland edition, I'd definitely watch it :king:

edbdmiddy
05-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Yes, I would watch it:clap: :clap:

ruggishboo
05-28-2007, 11:31 PM
That would be fantastic to see an MTV Cribs: Graceland episode. You've got a good idea there. Great way to "reintroduce" Elvis to the younger generations, and show them Elvis had the original "crib".

05-29-2007, 03:22 AM
It would be great.

EPE are using the crib language in the ads for Graceland from a few months back.

Something tells me that EPE probabaly would hesitate to allow MTV inside Graceland unless EPE had full creative control of the content.

The last thing we want is for MTV to mention that Elvis's bathroom is directly above the foyer of the main entrance.

Apart from that though I think it would be a great!

Dovey
05-29-2007, 04:12 AM
Sure would be great if they did Dovey ;)

TCBnAflash
05-29-2007, 06:20 AM
I think Elvis is the first one show off his fame..that would be perfect but, I can't see them opening up Elvis' frig and all you see is stacks of beer..probably be more like, peanut butter and bannanas.

geordie
05-29-2007, 10:27 AM
really great idea idea albert (y)

Evi
05-29-2007, 10:45 AM
I would definitely watch that! It'd be great!

elvislady
05-29-2007, 04:09 PM
Its a great idea i like watching cribbs on MTV so its a (y) up from me.
elvislady

Jumpsuit Junkie
05-29-2007, 05:10 PM
Elvis is the king of bling and did pimp his ride lol :P

eiluvial
05-29-2007, 05:14 PM
It would be a great idea!

Jungleroom76
05-30-2007, 11:29 AM
It would be great.

EPE are using the crib language in the ads for Graceland from a few months back.

Something tells me that EPE probabaly would hesitate to allow MTV inside Graceland unless EPE had full creative control of the content.

The last thing we want is for MTV to mention that Elvis's bathroom is directly above the foyer of the main entrance.

Apart from that though I think it would be a great!

Gotta agree with you on this one 0349054!! (y)

Before I read your post, I was thinking along the same general lines as you are...while it would be a GREAT idea and some major exposure to the younger generation of potential fans, I just have the same sinking feeling (as you do) that EPE would somehow manage to mess the whole thing up... :angry:

Besides....you know that if MTV were to release an episode of CRIBBS featuring Graceland, then EPE would have to work out some sort of a cross promotion deal with RCA to release a new GREATEST HITS CD containing the same songs re-re-re-re-re-re-released on it. (Nothing against the songs of course, just the fact that in order for EPE to approve a project like this, they seemingly always have to have some sort of a product to release in conjunction with the project....apparently just giving Elvis some serious exposure to a new group of potential fans isn't good enough...it always has to be about the $$$$$$$$$ with EPE!!!) :cursing:

Sorry...didn't mean to sound bitter here....I think the overall CRIBBS idea is a great one!!! Just my cynicism kicking in... ;)

TCB!
Mike

Joe Car
05-31-2007, 02:08 PM
During the 25th anniversary year I recall a commercial for Elvis- with MTV like cuts- I think it was for "30#1s" which said things like-First to own his own plane-First to have his own crib- Showed his jeweled fingers and mentioned bling etc...

What was that saying, "before anybody did anything, Elvis did everything!" Great idea btw Albert!(y)

Hound dog
06-02-2007, 04:21 PM
I mean that will be super, becouse i like to watch programs like cribs,
pimp my ride and punk?d.I mean that most of elvis fan will like it.:D :D :D
everyone elvis fan want to see graceland.
It will be wery good for fans from europe like me.
Becouse i never been to graceland(n) (n) and i want to visit it one day.

P.S-Sorry for my bad english.

loveelvis3456
06-02-2007, 05:35 PM
That would awsome to see.:D (y) (y)

Lisarose
06-03-2007, 10:37 AM
What was that saying, "before anybody did anything, Elvis did everything!" Great idea btw Albert!(y)

I'd set the DVR for it! I was thinking the same as Joe Car, Elvis did everything!

elvisfan21
06-03-2007, 11:48 AM
It would be great to have a Graceland episode of cribs. I would definitly watch it !!! :)

elvis himselvis
06-18-2007, 07:26 AM
that's a great idea...hopefully there will be a day,when this will happen.

goodelvisgirl
06-18-2007, 08:10 AM
well elvis was as flashy and as blinged out as stars are today so why not show them who started the whole thing and show his cars his house and his style i would love to see that.