PDA

View Full Version : Epe - No Single For Elvis & Celine.

meg
04-27-2007, 07:43 AM
EPE - NO SINGLE FOR ELVIS & CELINE.

Todd Morgan of Elvis Presley Enterprises wrote, "This was a one-time, stand-alone event for last night's Idol Gives Back special and an iTunes video download only."

He also states "No release of the video on DVD is in the works."

Morgan also states the that duet "came together rather fast"......

Click Here to watch this in the best quality you find on the internet:

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=449479&fr=

2007/04/27 www.elvis-express.com / www.epgold.com

minty
04-27-2007, 09:51 AM
This is a shame,another chance lost to get Elvis into the top ten at least.What is the reason behind this??? If EPE are involved it is probably about money

elvislady
04-27-2007, 11:20 AM
I enjoyed this song as a one off, i wouldnt buy it if they made it in to single.
Elvis did the song with emotion and passion and for me personally thats enough.
elvislady:D

Wendy56
04-27-2007, 02:37 PM
I think this is just a publicity trick... Of course EPE is gonna release the single. They can't waste the oportunity of making more money.

Wendy56
04-27-2007, 02:38 PM
That video has the best quality of all! Thanks a lot meg. :clap:

Elvis 1972
04-28-2007, 11:15 AM
I hope EPE do release the duet, maybe as a charity single. Perhaps they are holding back the release because they can't come to a decision on who's name should be first on the sleeve!!

04-28-2007, 12:35 PM
This is a shame,another chance lost to get Elvis into the top ten at least.What is the reason behind this??? If EPE are involved it is probably about money

EPE which is part of CKX is far from short of money - for the first time EPE are in a very healthy financial state.

As for the single not being released - it may or may not be released.

Things to consider:

Rights on the song

Clearence and permission from Celene Dion

Clauses that may have been in the contract with iTunes about the downloading/recording of the song.

These things don't resolve themselves overnight and have to be thought out carefully. If anyone believes that EPE are trying to miss oportunites or prevent Elvis from reaching the top of the charts they are sorely mistaken.

By the way - anyone consider which record group Celene Dion is with? Elvis is with SonyBMG who own the royalties to that song thanks to the Colonels deal in 73' - maybe SonyBMG don't want to take it further.

There is always more than meets the eye and sweeping statements condemning EPE are premature.

waymore44
04-28-2007, 05:05 PM
I think that they should include it on an album of Elvis remixes. Didn't I read that there was an album in the works, or am I losing it? It definitely should be a single. Here's an mp3 of the song in the best quality possible. Right click on it to download it to your harddrive.

ELVIS & CELINE: IF I CAN DREAM (http://users.bandzoogle.com/jdmyers/files/Elvis_Presley_and_Celine_Dion_-_If_I_Can_Dream.mp3)