PDA

View Full Version : Elvis And Celine Dion Duet For American Idol Show

elvisfan4ever
04-22-2007, 12:45 PM
dont miss this peeps..Here is a post from a Celine Dion forum on the last American Idol show called "Idol Gives Back" we found on the FECC forum:

First off ... she said it was amazing. Celine sang a song WITH Elvis called "If I Can Dream." Much like her duet with Mr. Sinatra but using an Elvis Impersonator from Vegas for the on-stage person.

Sounds complicated ... I agree, but she said they were going to actually use the REAL Elvis's face and voice, which is why she prerecorded the performance.

The Idols do come on stage through the song doing back-up vocals. They were dressed in all white. Celine wore all black, blazer type top with a shear/mesh type top underneath, hair down and long ... loose curls/flips here and there.

She said Celine was in perfect voice and sweet as could be, even after performing it 5 or 6 times.

This will air Wednesday the 25th.(y) :king:

elvislady
04-22-2007, 01:04 PM
That will be worth watching, i love celine dion she has a amazing voice and think she will carry this one off well.
elvislady(y)

Dudcowboy_1
04-22-2007, 02:27 PM
Your talking about probley Ryan Pelton they will use. Here is his webpage http://www.ryanpelton.com/ that's his natural look too not plastic surgery.

Dovey
04-22-2007, 05:40 PM
(y) (y) Thank you, I will be watching for sure... wounld not miss it!!! Dovey ;)

Diane
04-22-2007, 06:06 PM
Sounds great! Will be watching for sure. Love Celine.........Diane

Tommy
04-23-2007, 09:05 AM
Is the airing the 25th of May? Thanks for posting(y)

thehillbillycat
04-23-2007, 09:48 AM
May 25th is on Friday. He said that it will air Wednesday the 25th. April 25th falls on Wednesday........:blink: :D :P (y) :lmfao:

elvisfan4ever
04-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Is the airing the 25th of May? Thanks for posting(y) its on april 25 th ...this wednesday(y) :king:

Tommy
04-23-2007, 10:56 AM
Thank you, I'll be watching(y) I think I'll record it too.

elvisfan4ever
04-23-2007, 11:00 AM
Thank you, I'll be watching(y) I think I'll record it too.thats cool ..i will record it also..and for those that mabye will not be able to watch the show i will have it later in mpeg format-bye bye (y) :king: :notworthy

cprimm
04-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I was disappointed in this performance. She seemed to overpower the real "American Idol", Elvis. How'd they do that anyway? It seemed to be the Elvis TA with the real Elvis blurred in and the closeups.

thehillbillycat
04-25-2007, 08:23 PM
I was disappointed in this performance. She seemed to overpower the real "American Idol", Elvis. How'd they do that anyway? It seemed to be the Elvis TA with the real Elvis blurred in and the closeups.

Oh I loved it......(y) (y) (Two Thumbs Up!!)
I say this is how it was created.

First they record Celine and a ETA or someone who is the same height, weight and built that Elvis was during the 68 Special. The person lipsync to the track of If I Can Dream. They superimposed the real Elvis from If I Can Dream that is featured on the special and not the outtakes for the close ups and full body that is seen in the video. That way they have Elvis on stage with her singing the song. Also, they did maybe the same thing they do for Elvis The Concert. The pure vocal track of Elvis with no instruments.

That must cost some money to make. Had to be.

You never really got to see who the person in the white outfit was. It was only far away shots or behind shots. They did a good job on it making it. It seem real in some ways.

I knew it had to been that song. I was thinking it was either:
If I Can Dream
American Trilogy
Can't Help Falling In Love
The Wonder of You
or
Bridge Over Troubled Water

Those was the songs that I was thinking that the duet of. I guess I was right................:P

Dudcowboy_1
04-25-2007, 08:50 PM
The Elvis guy they used was Ryan Pelton who I thought it would have been. They did it very classy in my mind. Its amazing what they can do with computers these days. Was really awesome!

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

Lisarose
04-25-2007, 08:56 PM
It was great, imo. She didn't overpower him, her voice was very good, but her movements made her seem cold, compared to Elvis who was singing his heart out. I knew it had to be this song after the program came on to raise money for children. It was so good, I still have goosebumps.

elvisfan4ever
04-25-2007, 09:26 PM
it was great just as i expected it to be...celine did fine...no way she didint overpower elvis voice -celine is awesome sounded beautiful..but she can never overpower elvis voice -elvis voice is tops always #1 :king: but it was a great duet (y)

Dudcowboy_1
04-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Lisarose, your right I always woundered if Elvis was a live what it would be like on Idol, and well tonight with computers and editing we saw it. I thought it was just awesome! Like you said gave me goosebumps too.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

Merry
04-26-2007, 03:31 AM
Lisarose, your right I always woundered if Elvis was a live what it would be like on Idol, and well tonight with computers and editing we saw it. I thought it was just awesome! Like you said gave me goosebumps too.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

O.K. so how do we get to hear it over here in Aussie land? lol

Does anyone have the time to Youtube it?

(y)

Take care,
Jess

meg
04-26-2007, 03:54 AM

(y)

Take care,
Jess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yf2wvLWtBHQ

Merry
04-26-2007, 04:47 AM

Hi Meg,

You good thing you! lol :clap:

Vision is absolutely fantastic!

Thanks,

Jess

Dovey
04-26-2007, 04:57 AM
Thanks for posting the video. I watched it last night and thought Celine Dion did a great job of singing with Elvis. American Idol does play true respect to the King. I thought the song was "Fantastic" and her voice with Elvis sounded great!!!!!!!! :king: Dovey;)

elvisfan4ever
04-26-2007, 05:17 AM
The Elvis guy they used was Ryan Pelton who I thought it would have been. They did it very classy in my mind. Its amazing what they can do with computers these days. Was really awesome!

Love to all,
Tim Dudleyhi..no it wasint Ryan Pelton who they used ..it was elvis the real deal ..it was elvis like he appeared in 68 computer generated of course next to celine.(y)

elvisfan4ever
04-26-2007, 05:20 AM

(y)

Take care,
Jesshello jess(y) yes i got the time to copy it from youtube and -transfer it to mpeg format to save on ur comp...i will get that done by today. mpeg version of it real soon........take care~~~~~~Joe(y) (y) :clap: :king:

Merry
04-26-2007, 05:21 AM
hello jess(y) yes i got the time to copy it from youtube and -transfer it to mpeg format to save on ur comp...i will get that dont by today. mpeg version of it real soon........take care~~~~~~Joe(y) (y) :clap: :king:

Hi elvisfan4ever,

You don't have to go to so much trouble, so nice of you though, lol....I don't know what to say........thank you! lol, that would be lovely! :clap:

Kind wishes,
Jess

elvisfan4ever
04-26-2007, 05:27 AM
Hi elvisfan4ever,

You don't have to go to so much trouble, so nice of you though, lol....I don't know what to say........thank you! lol, that would be lovely! :clap:

Kind wishes,
Jessno trouble at all jess..i always do this..actually i already have it on dvd as i taped it on my dvd player recorder last night...picture is top notch..problem is i messed up something went wrong as i didnt ...fix the audio properly and the sound came out kinda low....first time this mess up has happened to me while i try to tape stuff with my dvd recorder:lmfao: .....so im forced to go to youtube copy that version and make an mpeg outta of it......no matter:lmfao: i will have it by today--god bless have anice day---gotta go .....peace to u (y) :clap: :king:

Trelane P
04-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Shame about the quality of this youtube video but my God. I so enjoyed it. If this is the kind of vision and promotion Elvis is going to receive via the Robert Sillerman CKX deal then we fans should be very excited. I know I am. Well done! Anyone know when this will be broadcast in the UK?

srj1967
04-26-2007, 06:13 AM
Technically very clever, and no doubt it may instill Elvis in some of the younger generation.

However, it is an example of the corporatisation and Disney-fication of Elvis Presley. Ultimately tacky, IMO.

elvisia
04-26-2007, 06:46 AM
HI
I know the link to the song has been pasted, but I think this link has a much better sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpH7BlYsdGI

Merry
04-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Here is another one, clearer vision, too.

http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=449479&fr=ybr_sbc

Jess

Diane
04-26-2007, 06:54 AM
I loved it too. Celine did a great job and the image of Elvis was fantastic!

Diane

thehillbillycat
04-26-2007, 07:03 AM
hi..no it wasint Ryan Pelton who they used ..it was elvis the real deal ..it was elvis like he appeared in 68 computer generated of course next to celine.(y)

It was Ryan they used for the far away shots and etc.. Close ups are of Elvis along with some full body. They inserted Elvis over Ryan so that Celine has someone to look at. Ryan lipsync to the Elvis track.

Lonniebealestreet
04-26-2007, 07:09 AM
This one looks and sounds great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpH7BlYsdGI

I didn't get to see it last night. Did Simon rip Elvis' performance up? :lol:

Very impressive production. Must have been a bummer to have been there though and seen the other dude. :king:

Lisarose
04-26-2007, 07:37 AM
I've been watching the videos clips all morning, if I had an mp3 I would pay to download the clip! I especially love the way they show Elvis' profile beside Celine at 2:21 -where he sings "out there in the dark..." My first reaction to Elvis was - Oh he should have been wearing his black leather singing this song, but then the more I thought about it:hmm: the right decision was made. This is showing the younger audience just what an elegant (& gorgeous) man he was - not the caricature in the Vegas outfits. It'll be interesting to see if the 68 DVD has an increase in sales.
Did anyone see the reaction to the performance on GoodMorning America? Diane Sawyers looked like she's a fan from way back!:king:

geordie
04-26-2007, 07:59 AM
marvelous, outstanding, awesome .

celion did a great job, but the king wiped the floor with her :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

thehillbillycat
04-26-2007, 08:15 AM
This one looks and sounds great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpH7BlYsdGI

I didn't get to see it last night. Did Simon rip Elvis' performance up? :lol:

Very impressive production. Must have been a bummer to have been there though and seen the other dude. :king:

Simon didn't rip the performance up but he got ripped up. The Simpsons tore him a new a******. That was funny.

elvislady
04-26-2007, 08:38 AM
Celine was great and i am a big fan of her music but elvis is in another class on off his own. his voice is awesome.
elvislady:)

Heres a lovely clip of celine singing because you loved me .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG3PZsTKvHY

mislulu
04-26-2007, 09:16 AM
I didn't get to watch American Idol last night but I knew that my friends on this site would have it. You are all so AWESOME!!!! :clap: You know all the news before it becomes news! :notworthy

elvisfan4ever
04-26-2007, 09:26 AM
marvelous, outstanding, awesome .

celion did a great job, but the king wiped the floor with her :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthyyeah celine is great but she can never top elvis vocally-nobody can -elvis is king forever--we got to see A great duet--and im glad celine was choosen to do it as shes todays greatest talent vocally in the world..but neXT to elvis it no contest..elvis is the clear winner easily:lmfao: :lmfao: STILL great singing celine HATS OFF TO HER....SHES WAS PROBABLY THE ONLY SINGER WHO COULD PULL IT OFF SINGING A DIFFICULT SONG LIKE IF I CAN DREAM WITH THE KING (y) no other singer could of done a (y) better job

Dudcowboy_1
04-26-2007, 10:00 AM
Here is Ryan Pelton's webpage. He is a ELvis Tribute Artist he also has done some TV stuff too. He really truely loves elvis. And no hasn't had any pastic sugery.

http://www.ryanpelton.com/

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

Brian Quinn
04-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Absoluely FANTASTIC. Both Elvis and Celine were great. I sincerely hope that this is just the start of the new technology to bring Elvis back to the masses.

I suspect this technology will be used to great effect with the forthcoming Cirque Du Soleil productions. With this performance, Bob Sillerman has done more for the Elvis Legacy in 2 minutes than EPE or Sony BMG have done in the last 5 years.

Brian :D (y) :D

Dudcowboy_1
04-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Here is couple pictures of Ryan he's great guy you should go see him perform.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

srj1967
04-26-2007, 10:40 AM
I think that one day (although probably not in our lifetimes) there will be technology available to go back and make old movies and concerts three-dimensional, or at least holographic.

Then, you could pop Aloha From Hawaii or whatever into your DVD - or whatever people will use to play tapes etc - and experience the illusion of sitting in the audience.

riley
04-26-2007, 11:15 AM
I just saw the clip.

Amazing.

Our man still has it, he is still the KING(y)

polksaladhasie
04-26-2007, 11:44 AM
:blink: OMG what an amazing Clip :blush: so nice..

He looks so.. WOW :blink: :blush: next to Celine

Tommy
04-26-2007, 12:35 PM
My thoughts are I love Celine, but that they should have just put Elvis on with this clip from 1968, and not had Celine at all.

my boy
04-26-2007, 12:45 PM
This just blew me away!-fantastic duet, and Celine Dion plays her part so well.She really compliments Elvis, whoever set this up did a great job and I hope it gets released as a single:clap: :clap:

marijaep
04-26-2007, 01:06 PM
I just saw it on youtube....It was AMAZING:blink: :blush:
I really really really liked it lol :clap: :clap: :clap:
And I loooooooooved her voice(y)

Marija

edbdmiddy
04-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Celine did a great job and it was just awesome to see. I loved it!!

nabelt24
04-26-2007, 01:34 PM
hi..no it wasint Ryan Pelton who they used ..it was elvis the real deal ..it was elvis like he appeared in 68 computer generated of course next to celine.(y)

Hi there... actually, Dudcowboy is right. They did use Ryan Pelton on stage for the audience and to help make it more realistic with different camera angles. You can go to his webpage to read an article about it.

joanne
04-26-2007, 01:40 PM
I enjoyed it very much. Celine Dion was fabulous and the way it was done was amazing.
I just hope it gets released, I loved it.

JDD
04-26-2007, 01:45 PM
I hate the show so I didn't catch it until today when the link was posted here.

Though it was an interesting use of Technology I don't really think she was a very good match for him , give me the real version instead.

tcbeus
04-26-2007, 01:54 PM
i think it was amazing,i really enjoyed watching it!(y)

cprimm
04-26-2007, 02:59 PM
My thoughts are I love Celine, but that they should have just put Elvis on with this clip from 1968, and not had Celine at all.

I think Elvis alone in this clip would have been great. I know you would not see the technology available today. Celine is okay but not a favorite of mine to sing with Elvis. Celine's harmony was distracting to me, although I do like the duet better now that I've listened to it a few times. I think Faith Hill, who is a huge Elvis fan, would have been awesome singing a duet with him.

Merry
04-26-2007, 03:09 PM
I think Elvis alone in this clip would have been great. I know you would not see the technology available today. Celine is okay but not a favorite of mine to sing with Elvis. Celine's harmony was distracting to me, although I do like the duet better now that I've listened to it a few times. I think Faith Hill, who is a huge Elvis fan, would have been awesome singing a duet with him.

Hi cprimm,

I agree, Faith Hill is a great choice! I was oriignally thinking Anastacia, (wasn't sitting right though, lol) however, Faith has a lovely soft voice, which would compliment Elvis' beautifully.

Jess

maxiefields
04-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Is this the next single?

KPM
04-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Some day IMO I really believe you will see new performances by Elvis- computer generated. By putting every Elvis recording and video movie or stage performance into a computer program and then putting in the song you want him to perform-the computer will put it together based on the info from the movements and vocal inflections of past performances. I read a few years back someone was working on developing just such a program. How close it will be to the real Elvis who knows. But just the digital work done in the last 10 years shows you its coming.
I would like to see more duets like this, anything which exposes his talent to new fans.

Dave Hochstetler
04-26-2007, 05:04 PM
I went to Ryan Peltons my space and was a little fumed by Ryans fans saying they shouldnt have put Elvis face over his. That show was about Elvis not Ryan:angry:

Ampzilla
04-26-2007, 05:14 PM
She was soulless and emotionless. She could not match Elvis emotion

Elvos77
04-26-2007, 06:07 PM
Clear and no squares,good sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRmdZjcKvyU

tlcElvis
04-26-2007, 06:14 PM
Amazing...gave me goosebumps.

I thought Celine was an excellent choice but Faith Hill would have done very well too.

Lonniebealestreet
04-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Clear and no squares,good sound.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRmdZjcKvyU

Good call. That is by far the best one we've seen yet.

I'm not a fan of Celine, but I think overall she gave it a nice treatment. I had been thinking she might really go overboard with it and she didn't. However her first few lines I don't much care for, I must say.

Regardless, this is overall a wonderful thing for Elvis from a PR standpoint. I second Brian Quinn's comments. If people aren't totally crazy about the duet but are very intrigued and impressed by the song and wonder what Elvis sounded like on his own--and are moved enough to find out, then it has served a great purpose. As impassioned and contemporary this performance was and is, far too many people don't know about it. Maybe this will make some strides in righting that wrong.

Jumpsuit Junkie
04-27-2007, 12:38 AM
I was very impressed with the way they made this video, I'm not a big fan of Celine but I suppose they could have chosen someone worse ;)

If anything it shows everyone who watches Pop Idol what a real singer sounds like :supriced: :lol: :lmfao:

Matt

Elvos77
04-27-2007, 04:59 AM
..download link removed..

best version available at this moment.

Merry
04-27-2007, 05:31 AM
..download removed..

Thank you!

:clap:

Jess

Elvisfan80
04-27-2007, 06:40 AM
I watched this on Youtube last night and i thought it was amazing

mn-designs
04-27-2007, 06:45 AM
..download link removed..

Elvos77 we on TCB-World do not allow any material for download. If you want to share this amazing clip..make a link to youtube...like you did earlier in this thread.
Thank you for understanding this situation(y)

Elvis 1972
04-27-2007, 07:05 AM
I love the video, can't stop watching it... I think I've become addicted to it!! Being shown on ITV2 in the UK tonight.

marijaep
04-27-2007, 07:44 AM
Celine was great and i am a big fan of her music but elvis is in another class on off his own. his voice is awesome.
elvislady:)

Heres a lovely clip of celine singing because you loved me .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG3PZsTKvHY

I've made that tribute( Elvis Presley Tribute - Because You Loved Me ) on youtube:blush: :blush: :blush:
Thanks for putting the link on here elvislady:notworthy

Marija

Lisarose
04-27-2007, 07:50 AM
I love the video, can't stop watching it... I think I've become addicted to it!! Being shown on ITV2 in the UK tonight.

Ditto:king: I had saved 2 very good clips in my Youtube favorites, but this morning they were both removed:supriced: There is one that explains how it was done, I'd post the link, but it's in french. Still a lot of good links out there to keep watching though.

elvis himselvis
04-27-2007, 08:02 AM
woow that's great(y)
Just like he is standing next to her:supriced:
Really touchfull

Burning_Love
04-27-2007, 10:02 AM
That was amazing. I can't describe it any better. Outstanding. It's like...he was there..just think of what i could have been like if he was here today. Wow isn't she something ??

I can't get it outta my head i really...can't..:king:

dj_ethan
04-27-2007, 10:03 AM
It's a very good performance.
Maybe the best duet than longtime ago ! Total respect to Celine Dion !
Most important it's the message from this song ' If I Can Dream '
One more Time Elvis create the sensation and maybe millions kids know now 'If I Can Dream' and his message ! It's a really good thing !
You don't think ?

mrpraline
04-27-2007, 11:52 AM
Don't like CD and her music very much but when I found that vid yesterday evening it just blew me off my chair!! Simply amazing!!!

And it showed one simple thing: You can only look pale standing next to The Man. He IS still the greatest performer of all time!!!!

elvis himselvis
04-27-2007, 01:12 PM
As I said before,it's really great,but i don't think there voices are sounding good next too each other...too much different

elvislady
04-27-2007, 04:23 PM
I have just watched elvis and celine on american idol and it was fantastic i did not give enough credit to celine, she sounded great and it worked really well. you cant get a good feeling for it until you watch it on tv it looked like elvis was actually standing next to celine. fantastic.
elvislady

srj1967
04-27-2007, 06:10 PM
Celine is one of the most boring, overrated singers of our era. She warbles too much, and is over-emotional, like Mariah Carey.

With this amazing video technology, I would have liked to have seen Pink and Elvis duet on Trouble, or something like that.

But Pink has too much credibility to appear on crapola like American Idol ...

riley
04-27-2007, 11:55 PM
It's like we had him back:supriced:

If only....

Wishful thinking ofcourse:'(

emsteph
04-28-2007, 01:36 AM
I have been thinking for weeks that one of the contestants should be singing "If I Can Dream" as one of their performances. Quite surprised to see the King do it. Too bad it was a duet.

Suspicious Minds
04-28-2007, 02:43 AM
I thought the idol shows were for newcomers wanting to be in show business. There is a lot of duets albums about lately. On these shows they should not be allowed to record with past stars like Elvis and others. It's supposed to on their own merit to win this competition. A lot of newcomers on there wasn't even born when Elvis died.:hmm:

Raised on Rock
04-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Elvis and Celine: not a good match at all.
ELvis and Pop Idol: Oh my God whats next, the Elvis ride in Disney?

Sorry lads, but I hated it, the song was not for her, she might had a good voice but her soul is chantelle cream, just lisen to the first line she sings (the flying higher part) its so yuck! plus the backing band was awfull, they totally ruined the feeling at the begining, in the middle and in the end.

waymore44
04-28-2007, 05:07 PM
Here's an mp3 of the performance. Right click on the link to save it to your harddrive.

IF I CAN DREAM (http://users.bandzoogle.com/jdmyers/files/Elvis_Presley_and_Celine_Dion_-_If_I_Can_Dream.mp3)

riley
04-29-2007, 12:21 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH:notworthy

jon_burrows
04-29-2007, 03:50 AM
Just watched it on youtube. I thought the idea was good, and it looked great but the difference in Elvis' singing and Celine Dion's voice was immense. This just goes to show how good a performer Elvis was. He wiped the floor with her. This is my favourite song of all time and I think she did the song no justice at all with her boring performance while Elvis puts everything into his performance.

WHAT AN AMAZING GUY!!

riley
04-29-2007, 09:52 AM
Couldn't have said it better.

She was no match for him vocally

bee
05-27-2007, 08:46 AM
the performance was technically brilliant, but i didn't like the song at all.

"if i can dream" is one of my all time favorites and i think celine's voice ruined the whole dynamic of the song. (n) (n)

EnigmaticSun
05-29-2007, 01:12 PM
I just think Celine sounds like a foghorn at sea, and so does Whitney Houston.

Jumpsuit Junkie
05-29-2007, 04:43 PM
I just think Celine sounds like a foghorn at sea, and so does Whitney Houston.

I agree about Celine.... But disagree about Whitney, she had her day (y)

Diane
07-20-2007, 08:05 AM
I was watching Lisa Marie singing Don't Cry Daddy again on YouTube last night and I realized how well her voice blended in with her dad's.

Why on earth did no one at American Idol ask her to perform If I Can Dream with Elvis instead of Celine? It seems like she would have been the most logical choice. Anyone agree?

Diane

franny
07-20-2007, 09:21 AM
I agree, Diane! Maybe, they didn't think of Lisa, but that would have been something to see!! (y)

I think the Celine duet was okay, but Lisa would have been a better choice, it would have been very special!

franny