PDA

View Full Version : Come out, Come out (Wherever you are.)

Raised on Rock
04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
There there, in the rarities I found this funky instrumental track recorded Jan 13 at the American Sound Studio. WHat a cool sound those guys had, Im infatuated right now but that was probalby Elvis greatest studio band...

Anyway, does anybody knows the story of this Jam (sounds more like if they were trying to make up a new song) was Elvis present when it took place? I guess he was cause Jan 13 is the same day when Elvis recorded "Long Black Limousine", "This Is the Story" and "Wearing that Loved on Look" but I didn´t hear Elvis voice during the almost 30min of this tune, except that is posible that is he saying something like: How are you doing? around minute 19.57 that was after he coughs at minute 19:50 and the he says something like: I didn´t hear it at min 20:04?

Now I feel like making a CD with fragments of this song betweem best tracks from the Memphis Sessions, like they did with "I Was Born About Then Thousand Years Ago" in Elvis Country.

P.S. The instrumental known as Memory Revival its also fantastic, such a shame Elvis never added voice to that, It could have been a highlight!

KPM
04-15-2007, 08:15 PM
I had forgot about those two possible Elvis songs. In a book that came out after he died it listed Fire Down Below- Come Out, Come Out-and Memory Revival, as not released from the 69 sessions. I had hoped there were full tracks just not released.

Raised on Rock
04-15-2007, 11:37 PM
I had forgot about those two possible Elvis songs. In a book that came out after he died it listed Fire Down Below- Come Out, Come Out-and Memory Revival, as not released from the 69 sessions. I had hoped there were full tracks just not released.

Unfortunately they are just instrumentals, and is such a shame cause they are so good sounding, but they are still good lisening among the rest.

Fire Down Below its from the '76 Memphis Sessions not from the '69 ones, thats the one Jerry Schef wrote, great song, Elvis was suposedly about to overdub his voice during his next recording session but that never happened as there was no other recording session, but does anybody knows what happened with Memory Revival and Come Out Come out?

srj1967
04-16-2007, 06:10 AM
P.S. The instrumental known as Memory Revival its also fantastic, such a shame Elvis never added voice to that, It could have been a highlight!

Where did you hear Memory Revival and Come Out, Come Out???

Raised on Rock
04-16-2007, 12:27 PM
Where did you hear Memory Revival and Come Out, Come Out???

I have them on a sony cassette tape with other American Studio alternate takes and some Vegas '69-'70 rare recordings, a guy from an Elvis fan club recorded some some bootlegs he had on a bunch of cassette tapes for me long time ago, Im trying to pass the best of them into a CD.

Anyway a longer version of Come Out Come Out and a bunch of other stuff is available on jordans word web page, you maylike to check that out!

spinout
09-08-2012, 03:23 AM
I have them on a sony cassette tape with other American Studio alternate takes and some Vegas '69-'70 rare recordings, a guy from an Elvis fan club recorded some some bootlegs he had on a bunch of cassette tapes for me long time ago, Im trying to pass the best of them into a CD.

Anyway a longer version of Come Out Come Out and a bunch of other stuff is available on jordans word web page, you maylike to check that out!

Hi! I am currently involved in a project with a Swedish tribute artist about recording lost Elvis songs and songs that Elvis would record in -78 if he didnt die.
Project: http://www.elvismatters.nl/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=8130

Anyway the two lost songs that have slipped trough all of the Elvis world is "Come out, come out (wherever you are)" and "Memory Revival".

Bouth sessioned at the American Studio '69. We have the lyrics for "Come out, come out" and two versions recorded by other artists.

And the real killer: We have "Memory Revival", The lyrics and the demo recorded by songwriter Dallas Frazier. This song have not been recorded by any artist since 1969.

We have got it directly from Dallas Frazier and it arrived to us in this week. The envelope will be opened next thursday at a press conferance in Malmo, Sweden. The CD will be play´d for the first time to the public this day.

Now I give you Come, Out, Come Out:

Nobody know how this song ended up at Elvis 1969 Memphis session. Known fact is that Elvis wanted something new and different and this song is for sure. The "Memphis Boys Band" at the American Studio never got the song together, possibly mixing and confusing it with another song called "Memory Revival" (see log record below).

There are no indication that Elvis ever laid vocal on this song, though the rumor says Elvis plays the drums on one ore more outtakes. You can almost hear that it is not an professional drummer on the some outtakes.

The song, as performed by it´s songwriter Mark Millius's band Raintree Minority http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhZhvL6opBw (listen to the group singing Come out, come out - a song that was definitely well suited to Elvis), sound a little like early Hard Rock / Heavy Metal. Later in -69 a group called Young and Company recorded it. Young and Company later in the 70´s turns into a Disco band.

A mystery is how it could have been forgotten in the Elvis World, thinking of everything that is known about Elvis career and life. Some fans confuses it with another song with the same title, recorded by Frank Sinatra. Different songwriters though.

Just like Poor Mans Gold and Fire Down Below, you could only imagine how great Elvis would have made it.

He sadly never did, but he surely took a liking of the song, otherwise it never would have came as far as to the recording studio at this time of his career.

Lyrics to Come out, come out (wherever you are):

"Come out Come out Com' on com' on come out com' on com' on come out" (2x)

Come come out wherever you are the world is passin' you buy

Come come out wherever you are come out and open your eyes

There's things happenin' that can't be denied

You gotta get out girl from where you're inside

The river's risin' the waves are for real

Jump in and get wet and see how you feel

Too late to wait if you hesitate you'll be alone"

You'll be surprised, things that you hear, things that you see, things that you feel

Things that you see I know you won't believe

Things that you hear you'll say you can't conceive

How you gonna know what's right if you don't know what's real?

Come Out, Come Out (track)

XPA5 1144

January 14 (Tue.): 02:00 - 05:00

Raised on Rock
09-08-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi! I am currently involved in a project with a Swedish tribute artist about recording lost Elvis songs and songs that Elvis would record in -78 if he didnt die.
Project: http://www.elvismatters.nl/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=8130

Anyway the two lost songs that have slipped trough all of the Elvis world is "Come out, come out (wherever you are)" and "Memory Revival".

Bouth sessioned at the American Studio '69. We have the lyrics for "Come out, come out" and two versions recorded by other artists.

And the real killer: We have "Memory Revival", The lyrics and the demo recorded by songwriter Dallas Frazier. This song have not been recorded by any artist since 1969.

We have got it directly from Dallas Frazier and it arrived to us in this week. The envelope will be opened next thursday at a press conferance in Malmo, Sweden. The CD will be play´d for the first time to the public this day.

Now I give you Come, Out, Come Out:

Nobody know how this song ended up at Elvis 1969 Memphis session. Known fact is that Elvis wanted something new and different and this song is for sure. The "Memphis Boys Band" at the American Studio never got the song together, possibly mixing and confusing it with another song called "Memory Revival" (see log record below).

There are no indication that Elvis ever laid vocal on this song, though the rumor says Elvis plays the drums on one ore more outtakes. You can almost hear that it is not an professional drummer on the some outtakes.

The song, as performed by it´s songwriter Mark Millius's band Raintree Minority http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhZhvL6opBw (listen to the group singing Come out, come out - a song that was definitely well suited to Elvis), sound a little like early Hard Rock / Heavy Metal. Later in -69 a group called Young and Company recorded it. Young and Company later in the 70´s turns into a Disco band.

A mystery is how it could have been forgotten in the Elvis World, thinking of everything that is known about Elvis career and life. Some fans confuses it with another song with the same title, recorded by Frank Sinatra. Different songwriters though.

Just like Poor Mans Gold and Fire Down Below, you could only imagine how great Elvis would have made it.

He sadly never did, but he surely took a liking of the song, otherwise it never would have came as far as to the recording studio at this time of his career.

Lyrics to Come out, come out (wherever you are):

"Come out Come out Com' on com' on come out com' on com' on come out" (2x)

Come come out wherever you are the world is passin' you buy

Come come out wherever you are come out and open your eyes

There's things happenin' that can't be denied

You gotta get out girl from where you're inside

The river's risin' the waves are for real

Jump in and get wet and see how you feel

Too late to wait if you hesitate you'll be alone"

You'll be surprised, things that you hear, things that you see, things that you feel

Things that you see I know you won't believe

Things that you hear you'll say you can't conceive

How you gonna know what's right if you don't know what's real?

Come Out, Come Out (track)

XPA5 1144

January 14 (Tue.): 02:00 - 05:00

Hey! It's been a while since a throw out this question and finally I got some new clues, thanks for this great info Spinout! Didn't know about Elvis playing drums, so cool.

Giving an ear to Raintree Minority version of it, kind of makes me thinks of an "A Little Less Conversation" vocal style to it if Elvis would have tracked it. This would have been a good one for the '68-'69 period, he missed it!

Pretty sure that when we got the FTD Classic Albums treatment to From Elvis in Memphis and Back In Memphis we for sure got more insight to these lost intrumental tracks. Hope so.

spinout
09-09-2012, 06:11 AM
Hey! It's been a while since a throw out this question and finally I got some new clues, thanks for this great info Spinout! Didn't know about Elvis playing drums, so cool.

Giving an ear to Raintree Minority version of it, kind of makes me thinks of an "A Little Less Conversation" vocal style to it if Elvis would have tracked it. This would have been a good one for the '68-'69 period, he missed it!

Pretty sure that when we got the FTD Classic Albums treatment to From Elvis in Memphis and Back In Memphis we for sure got more insight to these lost intrumental tracks. Hope so.

I'm glad you'd like out dicovery. In my opinion, Young and Company's version of Come Out.. Is far the best. It's less known though and not to be fond anywhere but on vinyl. I'v got it! :D

About the FTD group knowledge of these two songs. We have been in contact with Ernst Jörgensen, and he had no knowledge at all of these two songs. Our discovey about the lyrics and history of come out, come out and Memory Revival are in fact a breakthrough and new to the world of Elvis.
I'v been in contact with all the major Elvis clubs in the world about sharing this information. Only a few have expressed an interest, wich is strange?
About our current project, witch lead us to research about Come Out and MR have been covered at www.elvismatters.nl look up the article about the Laser Suit.
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/ covers the discovery of come out, come out.

Next thursday or friday I will inform about what we found about Memory Revival. Lyrics and songwriters demo recording.

Tommy
09-09-2012, 06:19 AM
I'm glad you'd like out dicovery. In my opinion, Young and Company's version of Come Out.. Is far the best. It's less known though and not to be fond anywhere but on vinyl. I'v got it! :D

About the FTD group knowledge of these two songs. We have been in contact with Ernst Jörgensen, and he had no knowledge at all of these two songs. Our discovey about the lyrics and history of come out, come out and Memory Revival are in fact a breakthrough and new to the world of Elvis.
I'v been in contact with all the major Elvis clubs in the world about sharing this information. Only a few have expressed an interest, wich is strange?
About our current project, witch lead us to research about Come Out and MR have been covered at www.elvismatters.nl look up the article about the Laser Suit.

Next thursday or friday I will inform about what we found about Memory Revival. Lyrics and songwriters demo recording.

Thanks a lot my friend. (y)

Raised on Rock
09-10-2012, 10:13 AM

Looking forward to hear the Demo of Memory Revival, the instrumental track is great, fantastic to finally hear the melody of it.

Hard to believe Ernst didn't knew about this ones. FTD certainly released all the "lost" instrumental tracks from Stax Sessions in their "Raised on Rock" release, and "Fire Down Below" was right there among the tracks of the "Jungle Room Sessions" release. Again, I hope that when FTD release From Elvis in Memphis and Back In Memphis under the classic albums series, these instrumentals, "Memory Revival" and "Come Out, Come Out" would be released in best audio.

Thanks again from this great info Spinout.

If anyone haven't heard the tracks we are talking about, here's a link where you can:
http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/specials/amerisess/ameri.html

spinout
09-14-2012, 09:41 AM
Everthing we can share about Come Out, Come Out and Memory Revival at the moment!

:clap: enjoy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pqn1ja

Raised on Rock
09-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Everthing we can share about Come Out, Come Out and Memory Revival at the moment!

:clap: enjoy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pqn1ja

Great job you guys are doing!!! Thanks so much for sharing this!!!

All the best on this project!!!

KPM
09-14-2012, 02:28 PM
I know for years I hoped beyond hope that the songs listed as unreleased from the 69 sessions would be gems-then in time I found out they were songs that had been worked on-but no vocals. Such a disappointment to me.

KPM
09-14-2012, 02:38 PM
I just read another rumor about a song that Elvis may have worked on that became a hit for several people later who recorded it.
According to M Lacker he took the song "We Had It All" to Elvis during the Stax sessions and Elvis and the band worked on it for about an hour but Elvis decided he could not record it because he was afraid people would thing he was singing it to Priscilla.
If this is true could some bits of that hour have made it onto tape?

Raised on Rock
09-14-2012, 06:01 PM
I just read another rumor about a song that Elvis may have worked on that became a hit for several people later who recorded it.
According to M Lacker he took the song "We Had It All" to Elvis during the Stax sessions and Elvis and the band worked on it for about an hour but Elvis decided he could not record it because he was afraid people would thing he was singing it to Priscilla.

Well lot of intrumental tracks where done during the July '73 Stax Sessions that never got to have Elvis vocals recorded, but all surviving ones where released in the "Raised on Rock" release from FTD. No reason for leaving this one you mention behind so most likely it got lost if ever existed on tape.

vivaelvis
09-15-2012, 12:20 PM

This is another example of Lacker wanting to look like a Mr knowitall. If Elvis were really "concerned" about what people might think the song was about or to who, then why did he record, It's Midnight? He even told Priscilla during a Vegas show to listen to the words. The song Thinking About You would sound as much about missing Priscilla as anything since Always On My Mind a year earlier.

Lacker's claim is laughable.

vivaelvis
09-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Well lot of intrumental tracks where done during the July '73 Stax Sessions that never got to have Elvis vocals recorded, but all surviving ones where released in the "Raised on Rock" release from FTD. No reason for leaving this one you mention behind so most likely it got lost if ever existed on tape.

These are the missing tracks that got omitted during the Stax sessions.

Colour My Rainbow (instrumental only)
Good, Bad, But beautiful (instrumental only)
The Wonders You Perform (instrumental only)
It's Different Now (informal rehearsal but never recorded as a master)

KPM
09-15-2012, 01:28 PM
This is another example of Lacker wanting to look like a Mr knowitall. If Elvis were really "concerned" about what people might think the song was about or to who, then why did he record, It's Midnight? He even told Priscilla during a Vegas show to listen to the words. The song Thinking About You would sound as much about missing Priscilla as anything since Always On My Mind a year earlier.

Lacker's claim is laughable.
Which is why I called it rumor....but even if the reasoning for why Elvis never recorded it is faulty or suspect-the rumor remains he may have worked upon the song "We Had it All" and as I said "If this is true-some bits may have made it onto tape. Nothing more to it.

KPM
09-15-2012, 01:33 PM
These are the missing tracks that got omitted during the Stax sessions.

Colour My Rainbow (instrumental only)
Good, Bad, But beautiful (instrumental only)
The Wonders You Perform (instrumental only)
It's Different Now (informal rehearsal but never recorded as a master)
I have a magazine from 1978 that listed all these Stax songs along with the ones already mentioned from the 69 sessions and those were also ones I hoped would eventually show up on some release....only to find out vocals were never recorded.:blink:

vivaelvis
09-15-2012, 01:38 PM
Which is why I called it rumor....but even if the reasoning for why Elvis never recorded it is faulty or suspect-the rumor remains he may have worked upon the song "We Had it All" and as I said "If this is true-some bits may have made it onto tape. Nothing more to it.

Since we do not know what Bruce Jackson had in his very large collection of Elvis tapes, it is possible that We Had It All could be in there. Or in some other person's private collection.

vivaelvis
09-15-2012, 01:44 PM
I have a magazine from 1978 that listed all these Stax songs along with the ones already mentioned from the 69 sessions and those were also ones I hoped would eventually show up on some release....only to find out vocals were never recorded.:blink:

Back in the 80's or 90's there were rumors then that Elvis recorded certain songs during his career like Love Will Keep Us Together and I Wright The Songs, but never surfaced. But yet we have songs like It's Different Now and Lady Madonna that was never known to exist until RCA released them on the 70's box set along with the masters of My Way and For The Good Times. So there's really no telling what's still out there waiting to be discovered.

I am really curious as to what all Bruce Jackson did have. :hmm:

KPM
09-15-2012, 02:00 PM
He claimed to have quite a few soundboards for shows by Elvis, heres a quote I found by him about his 6 years working Elvis tours:
.....'It was over a six year period, and it was hard work. I remember it was hard work, and you are not particularly aware that it's a big deal at the time, other than it's great fun traveling around on that level. You know, because the police loved him so much we'd have the police captains and sergeants, and everyone running us around. And no one toured on the same level, with four or five jet planes. And we used to have like the Playboy plane. So I'd go out with him, and the limo would pull up, you'd walk the stairs up to this black plane with a bunny on the tail, and there'd be the bunnies in there serving us. It was just an amazing lifestyle. And over the years I got to know him real well, so that was a really good experience. And in hindsight I realize how lucky I was, but at the time it was like lots and lots of shows, hundreds of shows, and a lot of hard work'..............