PDA

View Full Version : Last Vegas show on CDR ?

dennyelvis
03-03-2007, 05:38 AM
I seem to remember seeing this concert on cdr somewhere [shoulda grabbed it :'(] can anyone tell me when this was ? [and why did he stop doing Vegas] ... also has this show become a rareity and hard to get these days :hmm: dont see it around anymore .... cheers (y)

Suspicious Minds
03-03-2007, 06:52 AM
I think Elvis stopped playing Las Vegas because of the Colonel's gambling and Elvis was fed up with Las Vegas.

Here is the Elvis in concert site;
http://www.elvis-in-concert.com/

Lonniebealestreet
03-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Black Diamond (http://www.tcb-world.com/showthread.php?t=1447) is the title you will want to seek out.

Tony Trout
03-03-2007, 09:56 AM
I think the factors of Elvis never playing Vegas were the following:

1. Colonel's gambling debts.....
2. His own disgust and boredom of playing Vegas over and over.....
3. His erratic behavior.....

dennyelvis
03-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Cheers guys ... looks like a decent cd .. good song lineup ....
I think the way Elvis rambled on stage [drugs etc] wouldnt have gone down to well in Vegas ... plus the Colonels own "addiction" to the tables ...

Dudcowboy_1
03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
well elvis was going perform there in Winter of 77. But like you said Elvis was going get tired and leave probley by 78 or 79 if he lived.

Black Diamond is awesome CDR. One of best versions of "Such Night" until Altanta (Dec. 30th '76) show.

Love to all,
Tim Dudley

thefunkyangel
03-03-2007, 07:15 PM
My understanding was the Hilton didn't want Presley in '76! In other words, Parker rented the showroom from the hotel!

elvis himselvis
03-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Black Diamond is a very good CD.
The songs he performed and his voice was amazing.
I think this show was a good goodbye to Vegas.
But i wish that Elvis would have lived and could have done that last tour he was preparing for...
I think that tour would have been great,with all those songs from Moody Blue that he wanted to set on his setlist...but it didn't happened