PDA

View Full Version : Dame Kiri Te Kanawa Rates Elvis The Best

Brian Quinn
02-03-2007, 08:10 AM
When asked recently who she thought was the greatest singer ever, Dame Kiri Te Kanawa, famous opera singer, stated that the young Elvis was without doubt the greatest.

Now this lady obviously knows what she is talking about.

Brian (y) :D (y)

MauriceColgan
02-03-2007, 08:37 AM
"In an interview with UK show host and personality Michael Parkinson, who asked her to comment on the person she felt was the greatest singer that ever lived, she replied "the young Elvis Presley, without any doubt."

Yes Brian the lady knows her stuff. Thanks for reminding us.

We can still make Elvis Famous. LOL.

Brian Quinn
02-03-2007, 08:56 AM
"In an interview with UK show host and personality Michael Parkinson, who asked her to comment on the person she felt was the greatest singer that ever lived, she replied "the young Elvis Presley, without any doubt."

Yes Brian the lady knows her stuff. Thanks for reminding us.

We can still make Elvis Famous. LOL.

We cartainly can Maurice. (LOL)

Parkinson has never liked Elvis so I would have loved to have seen his face when she mentioned him.

Brian :D

MauriceColgan
02-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Me too Brian, I can imagine his face :-) shall we request a repeat of that show. LOL.

Brian Quinn
02-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Me too Brian, I can imagine his face :-) shall we request a repeat of that show. LOL.

Good idea Maurice.

Brian (y)

tom from glasgow
02-03-2007, 02:40 PM
when parkinson was on room 101 he slagged elvis something terrible

Merry
02-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Normally I wouldn't bother to express these feelings, but in this context re Parkinson not liking Elvis:

I don't like Parkinson :angry: (personally, but do enjoy some of his interviews), so nothing lost! (y)

Jess

mubarak
02-03-2007, 08:55 PM
i think half of the people on this planet would say elvis was the best.as for parky whos he. :D

Merry
02-03-2007, 09:04 PM
i think half of the people on this planet would say elvis was the best.as for parky whos he. :D

LOL - I like you! :clap:

Jess

iamhekev
02-06-2007, 06:26 AM
TOM,yer man SINATRA was put in to room 101...been waiting a long time for that ;)