PDA

View Full Version : Tours At Graceland

vulcandude
01-10-2007, 07:06 PM
As most of you know, I'm in a wheelchair. You also might know last time I went to Graceland was in 1989 and I could walk. What has me wondering is this.....if I were to be able to go visit again, does anyone know if the tours of Graceland are wheelchair accessible or not? And what about the other attractioons accross from Graceland? Does anyone know?

wheels_02
01-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Graceland is not wheelchair accessible. You would be able to tour the main part of the mansion, but you wouldn't be able to go down the stairs. As far as the other attractions, I think that you will be able to see them okay. (other than the airplanes) You might find it a little difficult to maneuver your wheelchair in some of the gift shops. Some of the racks are pretty close together.

vulcandude
01-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Graceland is not wheelchair accessible. You would be able to tour the main part of the mansion, but you wouldn't be able to go down the stairs. As far as the other attractions, I think that you will be able to see them okay. (other than the airplanes) You might find it a little difficult to maneuver your wheelchair in some of the gift shops. Some of the racks are pretty close together.So what happens with all the other wheelchair bound fans that want to go? Is there no way to accomodate them? Maybe maneuver them CAREFULLY down or up stairs in their chairs? Are the graves accessible? What about the racquetball court? Seems awfully disappointing to think I could never go back just because I'm in a chair now.....:sad:

JDD
01-10-2007, 11:03 PM
This is what they'll tell you when you buy Tickets

All gift shops, restaurants and visitor facilities, the automobile museum, and the Sincerely Elvis museum are fully wheelchair accessible. The mansion tour is wheelchair accessible except for two rooms in the basement. The airplanes tour is not wheelchair accessible, but guests who cannot physically take the on-board tour may have free access to the terminal to enjoy the video and free access to the airplane display area to view the plane exteriors and take pictures.

I can see it being a real hassle for you in a chair though, you're probably used to
a certain amount of that already so perhaps it wouldn't be as annoying as I think.

vulcandude
01-12-2007, 08:07 AM
This is what they'll tell you when you buy Tickets

All gift shops, restaurants and visitor facilities, the automobile museum, and the Sincerely Elvis museum are fully wheelchair accessible. The mansion tour is wheelchair accessible except for two rooms in the basement. The airplanes tour is not wheelchair accessible, but guests who cannot physically take the on-board tour may have free access to the terminal to enjoy the video and free access to the airplane display area to view the plane exteriors and take pictures.

I can see it being a real hassle for you in a chair though, you're probably used to
a certain amount of that already so perhaps it wouldn't be as annoying as I think.Believe me it is a hassle....not only am I not sure I can get back to Graceland, but getting anywhere is difficult as hell......

Elvis_Lady_1984
01-12-2007, 10:10 AM
i have been to graceland...the shuttle bus that takes you accross the street is wheelchair accessable...it has wheelchair ramps...the manision has hidden doors and such that allows different passage to different rooms..a tour guide and your company go this other way...i have seen handicap people their who have enjoyed themselves while at graceland...

vulcandude
01-13-2007, 09:34 AM
i have been to graceland...the shuttle bus that takes you accross the street is wheelchair accessable...it has wheelchair ramps...the manision has hidden doors and such that allows different passage to different rooms..a tour guide and your company go this other way...i have seen handicap people their who have enjoyed themselves while at graceland...Thanks for the further help......gives me a little hope I can go back and visit someday.