PDA

View Full Version : This Is Elvis

Ejm1059
01-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Okay, my Tivo recorded the documentary "This Is Elvis." Of course something happend and it ended off cutting it short:'( . Does anyone have a clip from this movie? And also is it on DVD or VHS?

JDD
01-04-2007, 05:35 PM
There are legal, but out of print VHS copies of it . There are probably bootleg DVD-R versions on Ebay, there have been in the past.

thehillbillycat
01-04-2007, 05:56 PM
It was release three times in the USA.

1981, 1986 or 7, and 1995. That was the only times it was release. Now, the one that you recorded. It might be the theaterical version. Because I have never seen the home video version on any channel at all. The theaterical version has the following:

No overdubs over the footage from Elvis On Tour. There is two footage that was overdubbed.
1. Elvis in the car leaving the Jacksonville, Flordia show. Elvis really made the remark "I was buried in a beaver". Overdub was "I had a good lunch".
2. During the backstage footage of Greensboro show (before the show). Elvis really made the remarks "You know that girl I was with last night, Ah man, she gave great head." Elvis asks for Joe and puts a ok sign up and says "Hey Joe, That chick last night gave the greatest head". Overdubbed was "She could wake the dead". It cuts right there.

Next, Are You Lonesome Tonight is in the theaterical version but not in the Home Video version. Love Me is in the home video version.

The Home Video Version has many scenes that wasn't in the Theaterical Version like: Big Hunk O'Love From Aloha (With different camera angle), Let Yourself Go from 68 Special and many others.

The Theaterical Version is not or ever had been available on VHS. This Is Elvis wasn't ever put on DVD. This Is Elvis is coming out this year along with Elvis On Tour.

I have provided a link of auctions on Ebay right now of This Is Elvis on VHS.
http://cgi.ebay.com/THIS-IS-ELVIS-BIOGRAPHY-OF-THE-KING-ON-VHS_W0QQitemZ320067226713QQihZ011QQcategoryZ309QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/THIS-IS-ELVIS-BIOGRAPHY-OF-THE-KING-ON-VHS_W0QQitemZ320067226713QQihZ011QQcategoryZ309QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I am providing a picture of what the original VHS of This Is Elvis looks like.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c75/nonnelsivle/7aa7_1_b.jpg

The picture comes from a ended auction.

tlcElvis
01-04-2007, 06:09 PM
You can get the VHS version at amazon.com too. I think that's where I bought mine.

thehillbillycat
01-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Yea, but it costs more on Amazon than on Ebay.

EP75
01-04-2007, 09:03 PM
EJM, it's coming out on DVD this year so you might want to wait for that to get it on DVD.

Unchained Melody
01-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Let's hope its going to be released this year.....

Anyhow, I have the movie on dvdr, instead of Are You Lonesome Tonight it has the Love Me performance.

thehillbillycat
01-05-2007, 07:45 AM
I have three different versions. One is the TV Version, one is the theaterical version and one is the home video version. I am wondering how will they release This Is Elvis. Theaterical Version or Home Video Version. I hope it is both of them. They can put both movies on a double sided disc.

Tony Trout
01-05-2007, 07:48 AM
Don't get too excited 'bout a DVD release for "This Is Elvis"....I've heard conflicting reports as to whether it will be released on DVD at all this year....

tlcElvis
01-05-2007, 08:25 AM
Yea, but it costs more on Amazon than on Ebay.

Actually, amazon is cheaper...but only by a few cents.

amazon (with shipping) is $10.56
ebay (with shipping) is $10.99

thehillbillycat
01-05-2007, 09:47 AM
I found several of them on Amazon.

7.97, 14.99, 17.99 and higher. You can get it on Ebay for about 9 dollars including Shipping.

As for it being on DVD this year. I have heard no conflicting reports on it. Every site I have been too said it will be release this year. But the reports could be wrong. I don't know but I have a friend who has ties with Warner Brothers and the reports is right so far that it will be release this year along with Elvis On Tour. But they will only have the theaterical trailer.

vulcandude
01-05-2007, 11:42 AM
It would be great if it were released on DVD. Will the soundtrack come out on CD as well?