PDA

View Full Version : Scotty Moore's 75th Birthday and EIN interview

PiersEIN
12-28-2006, 07:04 AM
Hi Gang,
Winfield Scott Moore III was born on December 27, 1931. Scotty Moore was a participant in the historic session at the Sun Studio, July 5th 1954, that marked the birth of rock'n'roll. It is noteworthy that 'That's All Right' (Sun 209) was credited to "Elvis Presley, Scotty and Bill." Scotty would keep on working with Elvis until the 1968 Comeback show.
Keith Richards of The Rolling Stones famously said "When I heard Heartbreak Hotel, I knew what I wanted to do in life. It was as plain as day. All I wanted to do in the world was to be able to play and sound like that. Everyone else wanted to be Elvis, I wanted to be Scotty Moore.'

Because of Scotty's Birthday I have spent the day trying to find a lost interview that Arjan Deelen did for EIN with Scotty Moore several years ago. Luckily I found it. It is worth a read.

Go here >> http://www.elvisinfonet.com/interview_scottymoore.html

Thanks to Arjan Deelen for the hard work in the first place,

Cheers
Piers

Diane
12-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Thank you for posting. That was an interesting interview. Diane

Joe Car
12-28-2006, 12:20 PM
Thanks again Piers!

franny
12-28-2006, 06:01 PM
That was an interesting interview! (y)
Thanks, Piers!

Did Scotty Moore have a lot of contact with Elvis in the later years? It doesn't mention anything after the 68' Special...

franny

Unchained Melody
12-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Thanks Piers. Interesting to hear his opinion on the alternate releases that are being released.

Raised on Rock
12-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Scotty Moore as well as Keith RIchards, James Burton and Hendrix are my guitar idols from the old rock and roll period, now I dont want to stole Keith's lines, but, if many Elvis fans fantasy has been to be Elvis, Lennon included, mine has always been to be the guitar guy on stage at one side of the King, to play with ELvis, man thats my dream, I became a guitar player my self because Scotty Moore, Thats All RIght was the first solo that I learned note by note, I learn guitar playing Scotty Moore, and he is the man when he plays his gibson, but ah... he kind of sound like my grandfather when he gaves his opinion on alternate takes hehehe, common Scotty, Ive learn your techniques mainly because of those, oh now I see, you dont want me to learn the secrets.